N-Europe

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut

Hero-of-Time

I was thinking of picking up this game, couldn't find it anywhere except Gamestop. They were charging €70. That is f%#king criminal. Eh, no thanks.

You'll still get it on Amazon for 30euro which is a steal, not just compared to GameStops amazingly inflated and shocking price but on the eShop it is 40euro so you'll get it cheaper than that too :)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll still get it on Amazon for 30euro which is a steal, not just compared to GameStops amazingly inflated and shocking price but on the eShop it is 40euro so you'll get it cheaper than that too :)

Thanks, I'll consider Amazon, I avoid digital at all costs. How are Gamestop still iin business?

Great... Apparently the retail-version Deus Ex HR - DC isn't being released in Belgium, possibly whole Benelux, for the time being (if at all) because of 'problems with the publisher', Square-Enix, according the a local game store. They said to check the site of the publisher for the last updates, but no announcement has been made up to now. True, it isn't available anywhere here in any store.

Curses... Not this again. To Amazon.uk I go! Order placed! :p

And yes, I'm old fashioned. Me want disc! ;)

Edited by Strange Cookie

Does the game automatically post unlocked achievements to your Miiverse, noticed a lot of "has earned (such and such) achievement" posts in Miiverse

Yeah, well it is optional, but you can have it announce them on Miiverse if you like!

Also quite enjoyed listening to a few peoples "notes" from here, very cool feature :)

At £20 I'm well tempted by this. I have the PS3 version on plus but if this is all dlc and good gamepad support.... Hmmm..... But with so many games and the inevitable continued price plummet I might just wait it out.

Give it another month, it'll be under £15 by then

Got stuck into this last night for a few hours... never played the original so this is my first expereince with it and LOVING IT.

This is what I've been missing in an FPS (solo mode) the simple choice and options of how to approach an level and situation, stealth for shooting. In comparison to the CoD games of follow the dot and shoot eveything that moves... though I did enjoy the campainge of BO2 last year (mainly for story and it had a few choices that altered the ending) I was just crying out to be able to approach the solo mode differently, so glad I decided not to get CoD this year now and somewhat glad Watch_Dogs got delayed else I might not have picked up this beauty :D

Just wondering though... is it possible to do the intro level without killing enemies? I was just trying to get used to the controls so decided to just take them out as fast as I could but in the first main level which I'm still on (got as far as the 2nd door that requires a hack before calling it a night) I decided to go Stealth and took the tranq rifle. Made a few mistakes and died and had to reload from last checkpoints in some places but still loving it....feels very tense :)

On the start of the first level, I found my way into the building through the roof which I was really proud of haha.

Really enjoying it, looking forward to play more....might try and get a quick afternoon session in later as will be going to see Thor later.

Oh and question... the convos you have with people and you get choices to for example "confront" or "ignore" what they say about you.... do those choices have an effect on the story/ending? I've been mostly confronting on teh few I've come across so far :D

Just wondering though... is it possible to do the intro level without killing enemies? I was just trying to get used to the controls so decided to just take them out as fast as I could.D

Shoot the yellow gas canisters. If you're going for the pacifist achievement you will need to know that kills made in the tutorial are factored in. A bit annoying if you've just completed the game thinking that you've been a good person. :laughing:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far. I haven't had much free lately, so I need to get back into it this weekend.

The first Deus Ex is worth checking out (if your eyeballs can cope with the 1999-2000 era graphics).

Shoot the yellow gas canisters. If you're going for the pacifist achievement you will need to know that kills made in the tutorial are factored in. A bit annoying if you've just completed the game thinking that you've been a good person. :laughing:

Damn.... now I'm thinking of restarting the game, haha.

Or is it possible for me to replay that level without starting a new game (have it count towards my total...in a sense an updated high score?)

Just finished teh first full level

Managed to talk Zeke into letting his hostage go... though he got away too... is it possible to both save the hostage and catch him? prolly not?

Was that meant to be a boss fight?

Failed my secondary objective though, to save the hostages....never even found them :heh:

Again is it possible to replay the level without starting a new game?

If not might start up a new game tomorrow now that I am more comfortable with the controls and with what I'm doing.... if I screw up on future levels so be it.... can always play the again again down the line.... but would like to at least have the first two parts done properly :heh:

Edited by Mokong

No unfortunately you can't replay levels like that.....

You can actually just stealth the tutorial, the first room i ran to the left and hid behind the desks, watched the guards and then moved up the stairs, the next rooms can be done very similarly.....the yellow canister thing is new to me..., i just went for never being seen

No unfortunately you can't replay levels like that.....

Ah well will prolly restart so. I don;t mind making mistakes or missing objectives, but I don't much like it when it is due to me still feeling out the game and getting used to controls (the tutorial).

Any tips for me on where to look for the hostages in the first level though? I could have sworn I explored everywhere :heh:

I did spot the Yellow gas tanks in one of the rooms in the intro level, and used it...but thought it was poison...other rooms though I did kill people.

I want to try my first play as Stealth and then when I get round to doing a second play go lethal and feel out the difference :)

I'm currently playing on Normal difficulty too :)

I'm not sure if this happened in your case, but it happened to me when I first played the game on PC. The hostages are automatically killed if you spend too much time at Sarif Industries prior to starting the mission. You have enough time to get your augments fixed and run over to the 'copter.

Ah well will prolly restart so. I don;t mind making mistakes or missing objectives, but I don't much like it when it is due to me still feeling out the game and getting used to controls (the tutorial).

Any tips for me on where to look for the hostages in the first level though? I could have sworn I explored everywhere :heh:

I did spot the Yellow gas tanks in one of the rooms in the intro level, and used it...but thought it was poison...other rooms though I did kill people.

I want to try my first play as Stealth and then when I get round to doing a second play go lethal and feel out the difference :)

I'm currently playing on Normal difficulty too :)

They are

in the office up stairs in the largest room with guards in, have you tried the game guide in the xtra'smenu?it will show you the exact location.

When i get to the main room, i go under the stairs you start on, through a vent and you come out in the rafters and it leads to the hostages, where there's a bomb to defuse

They are
in the office up stairs in the largest room with guards in, have you tried the game guide in the xtra'smenu?it will show you the exact location.

The game has a built in guide! Well damn.

Found teh hostages....now must resist temptation to use that guide for the whole game :heh:

Still not had a chance to get a good play session in on this but not moved on very far yet at all, been lost in side quests since I got to step out on the streets of Detroit :D

I did go to the LIMB clinc and got my first new Aug ability.... went for the Social Enhancer which has proved VERY useful in getting info out of people and getting them to do what I want :D Done I think 4 Side Quests now and currently on a quest for a cop who was undercover as a hooker :D I did follow the main mission to see the body on the police morgue, got in did some side quests with sneaking into some offices but haven't been to my flat yet to see the IT guy due to the current side quest I am on.

That social enhancer came in very handy for some side quests and allowed me to convince Haas to give me access to the morgue so I didn't have to worry bout sneaking in...even though I had already scouted the sewer system and found the "back door" just in case I needed it :)

EDIT

Ah frak it,

My no kill run might be ruined thanks to some sort of glitch

Was heading to Derilict Row as part of the 5th Main mission (to find source of a signal) and passed some guys I had taken out on my previous visit there for a side quest earlier. And spotted they had a skull mark on them, indicating they must be dead?

WTF... I swear I have only used the Tranq Rifle ALL game so far, and I remember hitting both these guys with a tranq dart. So Why are they marked as dead?

zlCfzRLMXYcLLGuxDU

zlCfzRLMYkUBuBNE2l

It happened to me again on the way up to the antenna, I tranq'd a guy and when I went to move him out of sight he had a skull mark on him???

WTF? Is there a stat screen somewhere that will tell me number of kills and number of "sleeps" (by tranq and non-lethal hand to hand take downs)?

I noticed I got an acheivement for 1st Takedown.... is that for any kind of takedown or just non-leathal and if so is there another achievement for 1st kill? Just so I'd know if this would actually count as a kill on my end game score.

I'll be seriously pissed if it does as I know I took those guys out with tranqs and I've been so careful all game so far. Be so pissed off if I made it to the end of the game thinking I did a no kill run on my first play to find out these glitches cost me that :mad:

It could be environmental or splash damage. Basically, if you want that pacifist achievement, you’ll have to check every guy you take down if it has a ZZZ or a skull icon. That said, I vaguely recall that the pacifist achievement only takes into account your interactions, so people killed by other people / environment / whatever won’t count. But I’m not sure, plus glitches may screw up things anyway.

As for earlier questions, the conversations can end in various ways, depending on your answers. You can “win” them, as if they were boss battles of some sorts, and the result will be generally beneficial to the story immediately in small ways, but they won't affect the ending. That hostage situation can end in 3 ways I believe.

From what I recall from FAQs, you can talk Zeke into letting the hostage go, and he will run of, that’s what I did, you can actually take your chances, and shoot him, and free the hostage, this will make you the hero amongst your colleagues, and they can both end up dead.

There is also an achievement for “winning” all conversation “battles” (4 in total I believe). How they respond to answers is also a little bit random. They generally respond well to certain answers (a certain emotion), and badly to others, but the exact order of which emotions to choose is random, so there’s not a specific walkthrough for them, just advice of which emotions to choose.