N-Europe

Your Favourite Game OF ALL TIME (up to this point)

Fused King

YES! And that's exactly why I love them so much! :D Gah ... I can't even form a coherent sentence about the glorious atmosphere of those games!

: D Well I'm glad you guys like it, but it's just not for me. Same with music in general, I just can't bear listening to sad / melancholic music anymore these days. It just makes me depressed, and that's one thing I do not want to endure more than I have to. I'll much rather listen to ass-kicking, high-energy tunes...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the DKC trilogy, it's one of the best 2D platforming series I've played. Control flows very well, the music and sound effects are great, the levels are very well designed, the rewards for collecting the extra stuff are good, and Cranky's humour is great.

I'm actually surprised Oxi doesn't like it that much. The graphics may have not aged well, but the game feel is timeless.

Regarding Goldeneye, I respect it as being the precursor to Timesplitters 2, the first FPS I ever enjoyed (and still one of the best of all time). That's about it, since it's not a genre I enjoy that much.

: D Well I'm glad you guys like it, but it's just not for me. Same with music in general, I just can't bear listening to sad / melancholic music anymore these days. It just makes me depressed, and that's one thing I do not want to endure more than I have to. I'll much rather listen to ass-kicking, high-energy tunes...

Aah, that's a shame! But not all is lost, the world of Donkey Kong perked up a fair bit in the 64 era!

• 2 months later...

Just updated the OP with this:

N-Europe's Favourites

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fused King - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The-Chosen-One - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Jonnas - Super Smash Bros. Melee

-Dem0- - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Kaepora Gaebora - Super Mario 64

Helmsly - Super Mario Galaxy 2

V. Amoleo - Super Metroid

Cube - Banjo Kazooie

The Peeps - Banjo Kazooie

Sheikah - Final Fantasy VIII

Shin Kagato - Final Fantasy VII

MoogleViper - Shenmue

londragon - Goldeneye 64

Debug Mode - Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II

Oxigen Waste - Shadow of the Colossus

Andyliini - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Agent Gibbs - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Grazza - Dragon Quest VIII

Fierce_Link - Eternal Darkness

Ville - Monster Hunter Tri

Mandalore - Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Josh64 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Dannyboy-the-Dane - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Daft - Unable to choose (Persona 4, Majora's Mask, Uncharted 2, Infamous 2)

Guy - Unable to choose (Pokémon Red, Halo 2)

D_PrOdigy - Unable to choose (Pokémon Red, Tetris, Half-Life)

bob - Unable to choose (Pokémon Red, Spiderman 2)

Jayseven - 'Unable to see what was stated'

Ronnie - 'Unable to see what was stated' (guessing Windwaker)

Now we can all bond more :laughing:

I think for mine I would have to go with Mass Effect 2

250px-MassEffect2_cover.PNG

There are a lot of others that I would like to choose but Mass Effect 2 got me back into RPGs and story heavy games in a big way. Before that game I could barely play 10 minutes before I got bored and turned it off. Plus that universe they created along with the characters just completely sucked me in.

Persona 4 Golden

Super Mario Bros

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Very true, that game was friggin' awesome...

Just wanted to throw in a second on your previous opinion. Never played a lot of DK games/the old ones, but can totes see your point on melancholic vibes etc. DK64 was quite bluddy awesome though, very vibrant, upbeat, inventive, absolutely fantastic stuff.

Can't peg an actual game for the threads's purpose, however.

Edited by Rummy

Still Starwing for me (aka Stafox in other territories) for the SNES, the game that hooked me on Nintendo and cemented me in gaming for life. It's criminal we haven't had a proper sequel in so long and I yearn for a game with the same atmosphere and challenge. Even if it was just a download sequel made in the style of those FX-chip graphics.

Still Starwing for me (aka Stafox in other territories) for the SNES, the game that hooked me on Nintendo and cemented me in gaming for life. It's criminal we haven't had a proper sequel in so long and I yearn for a game with the same atmosphere and challenge. Even if it was just a download sequel made in the style of those FX-chip graphics.

Have you played Starfox 2? You can download the ROM online if you search for it. Very tough from what I remember, though quite different.

Edited by Ronnie

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy X. I like in better that it's successors because honestly, I like turn based battle a lot more than ATB, or anything like it.

However, two that are basically equal with it are Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. I like the battle system for those, because it feels a lot more streamlined.

It feels stupid to attack, and then wait for your gauge to fill back up, and then attack again after a certain amount of time. With turn based, you know that's the point, but with ATB, it's annoying. I'd rather be allowed to attack whenever I want, or at least have a reason, unlike FFX-2 onwards and some later ones.

Well it was Pokemon Emerald!

Until I played the demo of Project X Zone, Emerald was my favorite! Now it's Project X Zone! But, forever and always... Emerald is my favorite.

Welcome btw only just saw your visitor message you sent me and glad to see you found somewhere to post!