NEurope
ReZourceman

Duplicate Delivery - Right Or Wrong?

Send it back for a full refund.. and keep the other one :wink:

I ordered a SNES Classic Controller from the Stars Catalogue a while back, got it in good time.

Then, 4 weeks later, I got a second one in the post. Felt bad about it, still haven't decided what to do

I think you need my postage details..

Actually, thinking about it, when Nintendo offered free wiimote condoms, i ordered four, and they sent eight. Didn't feel guilty keeping all of them....they were free!

Actually, thinking about it, when Nintendo offered free wiimote condoms, i ordered four, and they sent eight. Didn't feel guilty keeping all of them....they were free!

Did you feel guilty about wearing them? ::shrug:

No, but i did feel guilty about thinking of anyone but Nintendo when using them.

I ordered a SNES Classic Controller from the Stars Catalogue a while back, got it in good time.

Then, 4 weeks later, I got a second one in the post. Felt bad about it, still haven't decided what to do

If you feel like selling it... ;)

Keep it. The manufacturing cost of a single set is likely to be less than a quarter of the retail price.

+ Delivery costs + manufacturing costs + R&D

But yeah, keep it for a month, if they don't ask for it back keep it.

@Serebii

Seriously, let me know if you decide to sell/trade, I'd give you a decent offer for it. :)

------------

@ReZourceman

Regarding the Lego, judging by the amount you spend on the stuff a year ReZ they should already be sending you the odd freebie as you're effectively advertising for them :laughing: I wouldn't be aware of nearly half the sets that they release if it wasn't for your posts here, I know I don't actually buy the stuff - I have very little room as it is - but I still find it interesting seeing you post about it. :D

Bizarrely, just got a phone call from my girlfriend to say that the company she ordered a jumper from sent her two by mistake. I told her not to open it for a while in case they ask for it back (thanks to this thread).

Want Other M?

Bizarrely, just got a phone call from my girlfriend to say that the company she ordered a jumper from sent her two by mistake. I told her not to open it for a while in case they ask for it back (thanks to this thread).

Your honesty is a shining example to us all! You mug.

I am the best.

Strangely, it turns out that one of the jumpers actually has someone else's name on the invoice, and just got put in a duplicate envelope with her name on.

I'd return it. It's not that cheap, and I'd feel guilty and shitty about keeping something I haven't paid for (well it's basically stealing, so no wonder). Also, I'd be causing extra work and hassle for the company, who's trying to track down their missing package. So yes, much simpler for everyone to just return it; I wouldn't have to think about it and neither would they. Plus no need to make threads about it on the internet either ;D

Just returning it isn't correct - the LEGO store should arrange for a collection at a convenient time and pay for the collection.

I'm with Cube on this. They should pay for the return/collection but also you shouldn't keep it BECAUSE THEY KNOW! THEY ARE WATCHING YOU AND US DON'T AROUSE ANY SUSPICIONS OR PEOPLE

I'd return it personally, they may realise eventually you've got 2 sets and will ask for it back. Best be honest, unless you be really cheeky and say the set you ordered was faulty.

It did happen to me before, but only the once so i guess it isn't often that companies ask for duplicate goods to be returned.

Can't see a way to track the second one, but the first one certainly hasn't tracked correctly. Lost in the ether.

Did you have to sign for the delivery? If so, then they can track it (although I doubt they'd bother). If not, then they can't track it.

The postman yesterday dropped a package i was signing for, in front of me. 'Don't worry' he joked 'it's not fragile'. I laughed, and then after he'd gone, i noticed the package had 'care' and 'fragile' written on the side.

Can't see a way to track the second one, but the first one certainly hasn't tracked correctly. Lost in the ether.

Again, why do you need two identical sets? But I suspect doing the honest thing never entered your mind.

You do know you can build more than one thing with LEGO, right? It's not a jigsaw puzzle.

Again, why do you need two identical sets? But I suspect doing the honest thing never entered your mind.

This seems a bit snipey and I don't know why. I'm posting this to nip it in the bud before any arguments break out - it's also quite clear(taking it literally) doing the honest thing did at least enter his mind as he's made this thread to discuss it. I don't believe you meant it like that though.

I see your post pretty much adding nothing to this thread except flaming, and I'm going to ask you to try and refrain from doing it in future, please.

Ronnie has a problem with...well...human beings, but me in particular - no offence taken. Utilise your ignore list if you cannot handle my awesomeness Ronnie. :p

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost