NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Deja vu. This is what happened with Aliens...

Deja vu indeed....:P

I personally believe this will get quietly canned like Aliens did. However, let's face it, if it came out three days before Mario Kart it would have been lost.

When asked about the Wii U version.

So 2014 is just a possibility? Just cancel the thing and be done with it.

Tbf that quote, if true, actually makes me want the Wii U version more than the others. I can wait I reckon, and it sounds like they're trying to make it Wii U good - I only hope that's actually true.

I would rather they simply canned the Wii U version and were honest rather than dragging this out like that wanker Pitchford did with Aliens. I remember Pitchford giving some bullshit interview about the Wii U version being a 'definitive' version that would show off the hardware, what a crock of shit.

Despite the disappointment of a cancelled game it's better than false hope.

The other thing about Watch Dogs is apparently it's looking pretty shit. There were multiple threads on NeoGaf about it and the problems it is having. If Ubisoft are openly admitting that the game is too repetitive and boring then that really says a lot.

What's more, graphically it's apparently an even bigger mess and bears little resemblance to the footage shown at the reveal.

I had a funny feeling this game would be a disappointment and when it started getting delay after delay it kinda cemented that belief.

I was never hyped about it when it first got shown at E3 and to this day I still fail to see what all the fuss is about. ::shrug:

I was never hyped about it when it first got shown at E3 and to this day I still fail to see what all the fuss is about. ::shrug:

The concept looked interesting to me when they first unveiled it (and ZombiU proved that it wasn't impossible for Ubisoft to make a good game... on a blue moon...). The idea of being able to hack electronics and having the enemies/NPCs/etc react in real time had a lot of potential for some interesting gameplay.

... But yeah, once that second trailer came out and it started just looking like a GTA clone, with the hacking gimmick being relegated to cutscenes and basic scripted sequences/basic scanning/stealing stuff, I lost all interest :blank:

Edited by Dcubed

Gane to me looks like a reskinned AC which is so damn boring.

That's exactly why they delayed it. To make it not like that.

Have to say I've pretty much lost any interest in this too, which wasn't all that big to begin with.

Seems to have taken a graphical hit between this trailer and the last gameplay we saw, seemingly a consequence of them being able to realise all they wanted to from the game? to an extent that it now looks much more like a PS3/360 game.

I would in no way care if it was a reskinned AC game. If I get as much enjoyment out of this as I did out of AC (which was a lot), I think Ubisoft my become my favourite developer.

There's something really fishy about this games delay. I'm thinking this game was cancelled for Wii U a while ago and Nintendo have done some bargaining behind the scenes. Ubisoft wouldn't talk about this game for a good while there and wouldn't deny or confirm whether it was cancelled. Now the game is paused and has a vague 2014 date. I bet Nintendo paid them just to complete the port, they've no real other 3rd party games, a cancellation would further implode Wii U's reputation and maybe now this will be the big 3rd party holiday release. Who knows?

The AAA model blowing up in Ubi's face?

Maybe they won't go blowing their loads next time...

I also share the suspicions people are having about the Wii U version, heck, I'd be surprised if any one doesn't have their doubts. But surely there's no way they're just dragging out the inevitable announcement it's cancelled at this point, surely?

I'm starting to think the Wii U version is in a conditional existence right now. Ubisoft seem to be waiting for something, maybe they're going to wait out and see how the Wii U fares once Mario Kart hits? Maybe something is going to be announced at E3? The longer they leave it though, the more likely it's going to just flop, Human Revolution for the Wii U did not fare very well despite the fact it was also loaded with stuff unique to the Wii U.

I'm really curious as to what's actually going on here, though I'm leaning more to the idea that the game is just cancelled and Ubisoft don't want to deal with the backlash just yet.

WATCH DOGS DIRECTOR SAYS WII U VERSION IS “CLOSER TO PS3 AND 360″ THAN XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION 4

Preston Weaver @SargeSparta

@Design_Cave Will the Wii U version still look considerably better than PS3 and look more on par with PS4/Xbone?

Jonathan Morin @Design_Cave

Follow

@SargeSparta Well it somewhat in between. But closer to PS3/360 which logic from a technical standpoint.

2:28 AM - 8 Mar 2014

6 RETWEETS 4 FAVORITES

Jonathan Morin, Watch Dogs creative director, has explained on Twitter that the Wii U version of the game will be closer to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version of the game, rather than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions. Watch Dogs is due out on all-formats excluding the Wii U on May 27th. The Wii U version is said to be coming at a later date as the team concentrate on other formats.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/03/09/watch-dogs-director-says-wii-u-version-is-closer-to-ps3-and-360-than-xbox-one-and-playstation-4/

it makes sense for them to hold it back with fingers crossed that Mario Kart will shift big hardware numbers and then release this as the next big game when there are a load more new Wii U owners on the market.

it makes sense for them to hold it back with fingers crossed that Mario Kart will shift big hardware numbers and then release this as the next big game when there are a load more new Wii U owners on the market.

I can see where you are coming from but wouldn't these new Wii U owners already had the opportunity to buy the game on the other consoles?

If we are all being realistic the likelihood of this bombing on Wii U is pretty high

It's going to bomb. But if they stick by their words and really do take advantage of the gamepad, then that is still good news. Ultimately, how good this game is on the wii u IS more important than how many it sells.

If this game doesn't come out after all these tweets and quotes from the developer it will be even more shameful than the crap spouted by Pitchford and Gearbox over Aliens.

I can see where you are coming from but wouldn't these new Wii U owners already had the opportunity to buy the game on the other consoles?

If we are all being realistic the likelihood of this bombing on Wii U is pretty high

Depends on how big the delay is. If the game comes out late 2014 or 2015 then yeah I dont think it matters what the wii u version is like people would of already played it elsewhere.

It also will be cheap to buy on other platforms by the time a Wii U version was released.

Depends on how big the delay is. If the game comes out late 2014 or 2015 then yeah I dont think it matters what the wii u version is like people would of already played it elsewhere.

It also will be cheap to buy on other platforms by the time a Wii U version was released.

That's the big issue. It was like Need for Speed Most Wanted, by the time it hit the Wii U all the features were irrelevant, it was old and could be picked up cheaper elsewhere. It was even worse with Mass Effect 3, an amazing game, but released at full price alongside the full trilogy on other consoles that cost less than just the third on Wii U.

There's no way Watch Dogs can come out months, or even a year later on Wii U and be sold at full price.

There's no way Watch Dogs can come out months, or even a year later on Wii U and be sold at full price.

Wait until Reggie shows it off as part of Nintendo's E3 conference, if they have one that is.

It'll be Batman all over again.

It's not the same game, it's not the same content

To be honest, this situation stinks. It hurts knowing that you've spent money on a (relatively new) gaming machine that will either feature gimped versions of third party games, or it won't receive the game at all. It fucking sucks that we don't even know if the game will be coming out on the Wii U (I reckon it won't be).

I'm tired of this bullshit. It's a con. Why should we have to feel "grateful" for a game appearing on a platform much later than it does on other systems or "happy" that it appears on there at all? It's a load of crap. It's like when games get announced for a Nintendo system and you hear that it has "some WiFi features" or some bollocks. Great...but this is the 21st Century, stuff like this should be a given by now.

200 fucking quid down the drain.

To be honest, this situation stinks. It hurts knowing that you've spent money on a (relatively new) gaming machine that will either feature gimped versions of third party games, or it won't receive the game at all. It fucking sucks that we don't even know if the game will be coming out on the Wii U (I reckon it won't be).

I'm tired of this bullshit. It's a con. Why should we have to feel "grateful" for a game appearing on a platform much later than it does on other systems or "happy" that it appears on there at all? It's a load of crap. It's like when games get announced for a Nintendo system and you hear that it has "some WiFi features" or some bollocks. Great...but this is the 21st Century, stuff like this should be a given by now.

200 fucking quid down the drain.

I agree.

However, there are loads of top quality Nintendo and indie titles coming to Wii U. It's not a total waste