N-Europe

Drive Club

Cube

Can you not even have a go with a bike without splashing out the cash? They should put one in the PS+ version as a demo.

Eh... there's just twelve 1l supersports? Meh, come back to me when there's some 600cc sport or naked bikes. Can't even find a list of the bikes....

Edited by Shorty

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played a bit of this last night. Whereas I feel PGR nails the feel of the cars more and kind of didn't really manage to with the bikes, it's the other way around with Drive Club; I still think the cars need to be a tad more arcadey but the bikes are awesome.

Hmm, I dunno if I'd agree there. I love the handling of the cars in DriveClub. It has a very steep learning curve and is hard as fuck, though. I spend most of my time crashing into corners, especially if I haven't played in a while. After a few hours, once you become more in tune with each car, it's much more fluid.

I'd much rather have new tracks as I don't really give a shit about bikes. This game badly needs new tracks.

Update ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬ now to jump into Private Lobbies for Multiplayer!

This game update makes lots of extra improvements to the game and also paves the way for new PlayStation®Store updates coming November 17. Read on for full details.

Download & installation:

The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game.

The update size is 0.4GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 11.682GB.

Full Details of Game Update 1.24:

» Private Lobbies have been introduced to Multiplayer, to play custom games with your friends online competitively or for fun.

» Private Lobbies include a wide range of customisable options and modifiers for things like; Grid Position, Penalties, Vehicle Collisions, Drafting, Gear Changes, Camera Perspective, and more.

» Introduces a new Multiplayer Accolade. Earn fame rewards for playing online via the event browser or with your friends in Private Lobbies.

» The Club Level cap has been raised from 50 to 55, with a new reward to unlock at level 55.

» ELITE Driver Levels 76-80 have been added, with a new reward to unlock at each level.

» ELITE Driver Level Challenges can now be played directly via a new option in your Driver Profile.

» A new in-game store has been added to make finding add-ons for DRIVECLUB much easier.

» Adds a steering wheel profile for DRIVECLUB Bikes, and reintroduces look left and right on the steering wheel d-pad for cars.

» 2 new Sprint tracks for Glenmorgan (India) and Chungara Lake (Chile).

» An adjustable 'Braking Assist' is now available to aid those less familiar with the tracks, generally helping make the game easier for novice drivers.

» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.24 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on Nov 17 (worldwide):

» Adds support for the EBR Expansion (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free expansion for DRIVECLUB BIKES on Nov 17) - which includes the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and EBR Tour Pack.

» The EBR Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the EBR Tour to earn a bonus Livery.

» Adds support for the free All Stars Tour Pack (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free add-on for DRIVECLUB on Nov 17).

» The All Stars Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the All Stars Tour to earn a bonus Livery.

» Adds support for the EBR livery pack (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17). The pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your bikes or cars with.

» Adds support for this months free bonus livery (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17).

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.24):

» More Sprint tracks, every week until Christmas this year!

» More cars, bikes and tours... wink emoticon

» Easy difficulty for Tour.

» Extra Accolade ranks up to Rank 10, to give you more to play for and much bigger Fame rewards for completing them.

» Extra customisation slots, to help you change between your designs more easily.

» Lots more based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help shape the game's next update in December!

Easy mode on the way! I may finally be able to finish the game. :D

Now we have private lobbies we can finally have N-Europe Driveclub race nights - who's interested?

19139863498_89963255b2_h_d.jpg

63bDRIVECLUB20150504195.jpg

E1mmL1K.jpg

dcbikes20rtv.gif

gq4NDkS.png

FREE #DRIVECLUB content coming Nov 17th: 2 new Tours, 2 new trophy packs, 2 new Bikes & a bonus livery (BIKES content for BIKES owners only)

CS0p_LlUcAAQE6s.png:large

Edited by Cookyman

I'm slightly pissed about this whole bike nonsense... I bought the game+season pass around 2 weeks ago because gaf convinced me any future content would be worth it judging by past history. I get that this is a standalone expansion and not just DLC, but I still feel a bit cheated. -.-'

tiov3.jpg

How do you feel cheated? did the season pass not give you enough content?

Have Evolution not added loads of patches, updates and free stuff for you?

Free bike stuff coming on November 17th

I'd hardly feel cheated - I'd feel more cheated paying £100 for Destiny and it's DLC which a lot of people on here have.

But hey, what do I know?

Edited by Cookyman

tiov3.jpg

How do you feel cheated? did the season pass not give you enough content?

Have Evolution not added loads of patches, updates and free stuff for you?

Free bike stuff coming on November 17th

I'd hardly feel cheated - I'd feel more cheated paying £100 for Destiny and it's DLC which a lot of people on here have.

But hey, what do I know?

About the bold parts... Did you read the part where I've had the game for 2 weeks? How am I supposed to know?

I feel cheated because "Season Pass" implies I'll have access to all future content. It's as simple as that. I mean, sure, the full game+season pass was only £16 altogether and I got a great bargain, but Bikes is still being marketed as an expansion and as such should be free for season pass owners... there's been quite a few people posting on gaf complaining that they bought the season pass specifically because they thought they'd have access to bikes and figured they might as well get the season pass for the same price and get more stuff.

All in all, I'm fine with it because I will gladly pay the £13, I was just surprised and ethically disappointed in the industry, yet again.

*Sighs* ok here we go...

About the bold parts... Did you read the part where I've had the game for 2 weeks? How am I supposed to know?

Er um - Google perhaps you've heard of it? That's why I assumed you'd know. Also the new patch today is 1.24 that means 23 patches prior to this one.

I feel cheated because "Season Pass" implies I'll have access to all future content. It's as simple as that.

Season pass implies you are eligible to all future content?

It's not "as simple as that" - it's as simple as this (you sure you've not heard of Google? Oh and I've bolded dates so you don't miss them.

From Playstation Blog 10th September 2014

We’ll also keep adding more of the world’s best cars to the game and we’ll give you one car every month, as a free series running from October 2014 to June 2015.

For those who want even more, we’re making a full calendar of new release DLC that will run deep into 2015. This will let you buy packs of new cars and new campaign tour expansions, to give you more to play for each month. This calendar will start in November 2014 with every pack offering new challenges to play and new trophies for you to earn.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

Evolution studios actually gave away some of the season pass events free and then added and extended the season pass due to the network issues they had when the game launched.

I mean, sure, the full game+season pass was only £16 altogether and I got a great bargain

Your not wrong there!

but Bikes is still being marketed as an expansion and as such should be free for season pass owners... there's been quite a few people posting on gaf complaining that they bought the season pass specifically because they thought they'd have access to bikes and figured they might as well get the season pass for the same price and get more stuff.

Clearly people on Neogaf haven't heard of Google either.

All in all, I'm fine with it because I will gladly pay the £13, I was just surprised and ethically disappointed in the industry, yet again.

Glad surprised and disappointed that's some major mood swings.

Please take a slice (I hope your not ethically disappointed with it).

MjAxMy0yZGE5YTkzZDFjMTMwZDMy.png

Edited by Cookyman

*Sighs* ok here we go...

Er um - Google perhaps you've heard of it? That's why I assumed you'd know. Also the new patch today is 1.24 that means 23 patches prior to this one.

It's not "as simple as that" - it's as simple as this (you sure you've not heard of Google? Oh and I've bolded dates so you don't miss them.

Evolution studios actually gave away some of the season pass events free and then added and extended the season pass due to the network issues they had when the game launched.

Your not wrong there!

Thanks. You've both made me a better person and validated yourself further in one fell swoop. Outstanding.

*Sighs* ok here we go...

Your not wrong there!

You're coming across a right plonker, pal. Totally uncalled for attitude.

Thanks. You've both made me a better person and validated yourself further in one fell swoop. Outstanding.

Your welcome, I was multitasking.

You're coming across a right plonker, pal. Totally uncalled for attitude.

Fair enough I'll reign it in.

So is that a yes/no from you both for N-europe Drive club race nights?

Edited by Cookyman

So who's interested in a Driveclub League?

Hmmm I wonder if @lostmario would be interested in helping organising things since he's had experience of this with Mario Kart?

I've give advice but after the Mario Kart League I'm having a little break from organising leagues and such.

Changing subject, how much would the season pass cost me for driveclub?

Thinking of picking it up to get me through December if I don't get Battlefront

from Neogaf

DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition stealth update - All post-launch free stuff available now #1

If you have already downloaded the PS+ edition, you can now download all the free content released since launch, including the ignition expansion pack. You don't need the full game to enjoy them.

You should be able to go to the store, search DRIVECLUB and filter by "free" to download. I have the the full version, so haven't been able to verify it myself. Can someone confirm this works? To be clear, this is only for the free content and not the paid season pass content. Thanks!

EDIT:

Seems like it's US store only at the moment? Will update as I get more info.

EDIT 2: Ignore the obsolete text on the store. You should still be able to download and play regardless. The change is in effect worldwide :)

decisions........decisions........

3oEduL634UXTM3OVlC.gif

Edited by Cookyman

• 2 weeks later...
Free DLC for both cars and bikes went up on Tuesday.

The cars dlc is really easy as it's to give non season pass holder a taste of some of the content on offer (easy trophies!)

Very little interest in Driveclub Race nights it seems - disappointing :(

Just me and you (at the moment). Wouldn't be much of a race/league tbf

• 2 weeks later...
Just got this...

@lostmario persuaded me and also the full game and season pass was so cheap!

I fancied a racer. Heard its pretty difficult though.

EDIT: it's really difficult, ive been playing for a hour.

Keep at it, it has a steep learing curve. But once you've got that, it's all fun and games afterwards. The bikes has a steeper learning curve.