N-Europe

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

Cube

Not hard with regards to the PS4 though I'd say Resogun was MUCh better received (and wouldn't surprise me if gamers here put that game at the top). But is this being better received than Titanfall?

It has better scores, but sounds like a worse game.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking really stunning, and really, dem visuals.... buuuut -- I really expected this to be very top tier in the reviews world. I can't believe that nearly 6 months after the release of both new consoles, there is nothing that has made me say "yes, I must buy this console for game x and/or game y". It's a little disconcerting to say the least.

And we kept assuming that the games just on the horizon would make up for that. Titanfall. Infamous. Watch Dogs. Now they're all coming up great but still not... system selling great. Now we're going to look at Destiny, Division, The Order, The Witcher 3, Batman, with the same vague hopes.

Edit: and by "system selling great", I mean they're not selling it to me. Obviously this brand will ship a lot of consoles the same way AC, Titanfall and Killzone did.

Edited by Shorty

I do find it amusing that the so far only game which I've said "I need a console for that" is a HD version of Wind Waker.

I still really want inFamous, but it's just not quite enough to buy a new console (well, having a huge backlog also contributes to that).

Mine didn't arrive today :shakehead

Ah well as long as it turns up tomorrow I'll be happy - I have Dark Souls 2 to keep me occupied : peace:

How come people who don't even have a PS4 suddenly turn up to spout off their blinkered opinions every time a new game comes out?

I don't have a Wii U and for that reason I don't go on their threads and slag them off but clearly some people can't help themselves.

FlameOn.jpg

Cleaned the thread up. Apologies if your post got caught in the crossfire. Have a nice day. That is all, carry on.

Thanks. Let's... discuss how awesome this game will surely be. :D

So, my PS4 arrives tomorrow... first things I should do?

So, my PS4 arrives tomorrow... first things I should do?

Give it a big slobbery kiss - install a bigger hard drive if you have one then download all the PS Plus Games.

Then whack Infamous in boot it up and drool at the gorgeous graphics.

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2013_11-13-13_001.jpg

I'm patiently waiting for my PS4 to download and install the latest update...

:blank:

...so that I can install inFamous Second Son, download the update - if applicable - and then, only then mind will I be able to experience this wonderful beast of a game.

'inFamous Second Son is now 27 minutes away from being playable on my PS4' :heh:

Until then...

*stares at cover*

:(

It'll be worth the wait!

: peace:

There are some slight concerns I've picked up from a few of the reviews mentioning that it's too brief and doesn't really stand up as a post GTA V open world game. I'd be hopeful that there are ways the game length is extended purely by way of it's mechanics being so fun, making you want to do all the hidden extras and dumb stuff. That's what I experienced with Dead Rising a game that despite it's very "alive" city wasn't as impressive or arguably immersive world as GTA V. However I had more fun playing Dead Rising due to it's wealth of item combos and awesome combat system, something I expect Infamous to match with it's traversal and power mechanics.

I wonder if the "small size" (not sure how else to put this) are caveats to the graphical upgrade this clearly has had since Infamous 2. Again comparison to Dead Rising which may have a huge world with tons going on but doesn't look anywhere near as good as this!

Edited by flameboy

doesn't really stand up as a post GTA V open world game.

I really have no idea what that even means. Not only is inFamous a very different open world game (it would be better compared to the brilliant Saints Row IV), but I can't think of anything decent that GTAV added to "open world". It just felt...standard. But bigger.

I really have no idea what that even means. Not only is inFamous a very different open world game (it would be better compared to the brilliant Saints Row IV), but I can't think of anything decent that GTAV added to "open world". It just felt...standard. But bigger.

Well get reading reviews and listening to podcasts there are plenty citing this as an issue! Also not an issue exclusive to this game, it's been mentioned numerous times since GTA V hit and how others will respond. It means in terms of the world feeling lived in and real GTA V surpassed anything. Just because Infamous is slightly less grounded doesn't mean it shouldn't be pushing that feeling of immersion.

Also this:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/100-little-things-in-gta-5-that-will-blow-your-mind

I don't think games like Infamous and Saints Row need that kind of stuff. You're so busy using superpowers in this and hopping from building to building you don't really pay attention to the civvies. pedestrians are fine in this though, they do what they need to. They speak to you, take photos, walk in groups, hang about talking etc

The city itself is amazing and so full of charm and visual beauty that I'll question anyone who thinks otherwise. Its a joy to be in and possibly one of the best open worlds yet.

God, I hate Delsin.

A little less cockiness would've made him a much more interesting person.

When he was sitting on Betty's bed he had a hint of insecurity, a hint of grittiness and a hint of humanity.

And after he got used to his powers...just a cocky "look how awesome I am" teenage boy. :indeed:

Can't see that changing throughout the game..sadly.

Anyway, game looks good. Can't wait to get to Seattle and really test those abilities :yay:

Picked up my copy earlier, thanks to a cock-up in a certain store (sometimes, you have to like them for this alone). Managed to get a Special Edition (that's the one with Delsin's Beanie) for £5 less the price of the Standard Edition. How i hear you ask, handed my pre-order slip over. Woman picked up a Special Edition, i handed my card over. She says to me that there is £10 worth of pre-orders payments for games i didn't pick up still on the card. Namely Bioshock Infinite and Pokemon X.

Can't argue really.

I surprisingly like Delsin. So much more interesting than Cole.

I liked Cole because he wasn't that vocal. Kind of felt a little like an introvert who was forced to take centre stage. Deslin feels different and I'm really loving his more cavalier attitude. The game is a lot of fun and you do something cool for the first time and Delsin reacts the same (Troy Baker doing another bang up job).

I just started this. Really loving it. The combat feels even more fluid than Infamous 2. It looks great, the DS4 makes it feel much more responsive and it's just a shit load of fun. Can't wait to power myself up some more.