NEurope
Kaepora_Gaebora

Mario Golf World Tour

Nice to see peeps have (or are planning to get) this game. I wondered what the hell was going on then for a while. :hehe:

I've now taken part in all of the currently available official tournaments online and collected all of their prizes :yay: also beat the third offline tourney earlier. Now it's on to the DLC courses and more online tournaments/Vs play!

Really hope Nintendo have plans for even more DLC after the first 3 packs. The core gameplay and online setup is so good that this game has potential for some serious longevity if they continue to support it.

Edited by RedShell

It's worryingly quiet in this thread... :blank:

Hello everyone! Awesome new Nintendo game with amazing online features has just been released!!!! :heh:

No? OK... ::shrug:

*goes back to playing* :grin:

Not one to blow my own trumpet, but I did say this in my review...;)

This is defintley my favourite entry in the Mario Golf series. Spent over 12 hours with the game since Thursday, and I haven't explored more than the first three courses yet. So much content and the gameplay is incredibly addictive.

Looks like this game's a keeper for my collection, so I'll be downloading the DLC by the end of the month!

Comparing this to Mario Tennis (it was good, but short and lacked replayability after a while). Golf has certainly got an improved online system. Tournaments with prizes, DLC with 3 extra courses (and characters).

Did a few online tournaments last night, won a few prizes from them. There is so much replayability to this game, i can see myself playing a few rounds in the months to come.

Man, I'm finding some of the challenges in this pretty tough! :o Especially the ones where you need to collect a coin/ring and still make par. Any of those that also require the use of items are particularly tricky, the one I'm currently stuck on has the coin placed in such an awkward position. I'm able to collect it occasionally by using the whirlwind power-up, but then landing on the green at a decent distance from the hole is so difficult that I'm usually left with an impossible 100 mile putt. :shakehead

Annoying, yet good fun. :heh:

Anyway, here's the European and Worldwide online tournament schedule:

LINK

I can't decide which to play first, this or Kid Icarus Uprising which I also just picked up :-|

I can't decide which to play first, this or Kid Icarus Uprising which I also just picked up :-|
I'd say this, so you can get involved with the online stuff. :)

Speaking of which, I just created a new N-E tourney:

35-4334-8025-3878

Speed Golf this time! :bouncy:

Ends at 8pm on Friday.

: peace:

The online options in this game are unbelievable...

We should organise some online live games!

I'm really impressed with this game, I just wish you could save and upload your best shots... Such a missed opporutnity!

The results for the first set of official tournaments are up. :awesome:

Was surprised to get this many coins for 986th place!:

zlCfzR51rKIrDjV-VQ

That's only 7,080 less coins than the prize for the overall winner. :heh:

The amount of coins you get from tourneys + having Gold Mario = way too many coins!

I've already bought almost every item from the shop as well, what the hell are we supposed to do with all these coins after clearing out the shop? :blank:

You should be able to gamble them online. :hehe:

Really enjoying this so far :) I love the castle club grounds, really great to just walk around. Though I'm still confused which of the two game modes forms the main "campaign" of the game, I assume the castle club.

Though I'm still confused which of the two game modes forms the main "campaign" of the game, I assume the castle club.
Yeah, it's pretty weird how the game is split up like that.

I suppose the castle club is the main "campaign" of the game, but there's actually more content in the Quick round Mario Golf section, due to all of the single player challenges (which unlock characters and additional courses in the Castle Club funnily enough) and the online tournaments.

But then there are online tournaments which can only be accessed from the lower floor of the Castle Club too.

Anyway, at least the game is packed with stuff to do no matter which mode you choose. :grin:

What is the point of communities? You can set up tournaments and you can have friends matches, what do communities do?

Also, with regards to hitting the ball, does anyone use it? Or is activating top/back spin the same as hitting the ball high or low? Same with left and right spin? Just wonder how much extra control you can have.

So when are we organising a 4 player game on this?

So me and @david\.dakota are about to go online if anyone wants to join us

@redhshell @Ronnie @Jimbob @welsh_gamer

Tournaments are great in this game! I've set on euro as a test!

64-5662-4343-9043

Bring it on!

Over thing that would be good, is if your friends tournaments were in their own list. Makes sense. Saves putting in codes. Plus the person who created it should be on the tournament,

What this place so silent, this game is amazing!

Anyway, me and @david\.dakota are playing at 2pm if anyone wants to join us!

So how did everyone do in the European/World tournaments?

I got Silvers on the Near-Pin and World Tournament and a gold on the European Tournament! Pleasently surprised by that.

zlCfzR7fjAUW55ZbG5

My collection is coming along nicely now.

zlCfzR7fhbwp76DprU

I'm happy to say that, as of this morning, I'm now the owner of Mario Golf: World Tour :yay:

My brother got it for me for my birthday and I'm looking forward to putting some time into it soon! I've played it a little and I've already seen enough to know that the DLC is already tempting me, but I'll delve deeper into the game before I consider purchasing anything further :heh:

Still wowed by this game, just finished my first Championship round, and won. Which opens up the next course. Loving the Tournaments, and found the Challenges yesterday which unlocks moire stuff. So much to do, this will last.

So how did everyone do in the European/World tournaments?

I got a silver in the European (ranked 597). The person that came 1st scored as little as 7m!? Amazing! Achieved a Bronze trophy in the World Tournament (964th with score of 43).

Well done on getting a gold trophy @Glen\-i!

That one-on, one-put challenge is driving me insane! I have two mulligans ready but will only use them when I get to hole 7

I also really really really wish I'd bought this digitally, to go with my Animal Crossing download.

I got a silver in the European (ranked 597). The person that came 1st scored as little as 7m!? Amazing! Achieved a Bronze trophy in the World Tournament (964th with score of 43).

Well done on getting a gold trophy @Glen\-i!

Guarantee that first place spent way too much time retrying over and over again to get that score.

It's a shame, because of that, tournaments award memorization over actual skill.

Thank you!

How do I actually download the new DLC? I bought the 'season pass' when I got the game, it's not very clear how exactly I get the new stuff.

How do I actually download the new DLC? I bought the 'season pass' when I got the game, it's not very clear how exactly I get the new stuff.
Yeah it's not very clear at all. Basically you need to go back into the section where you originally bought the DLC pack (Toad's shop or whatever it's called) and from there it will sign into your NNID/connect to the eShop and download the extra content.

It doesn't even confirm completion of the download. I remember thinking to myself "has it downloaded?" :blank: went back to the main game and sure enough, there was Nabbit and the extra courses.

Pretty weird system. :heh:

Are there challenges with the DLC courses? If so, that would make them all the more tempting..