NEurope
Josh64

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, N-Europe! (Especially you, @Ashley)

MP8_Birdo.jpg

How do you all plan to spend the day? You gonna' treat your SO to a romantic meal or movie?

Or will you be spending it alone, making posts on Facebook about only needing two men called Ben and Jerry?

Also, what are your thoughts on the day in general? A nice pick-me-up to cure the Winter blues? A shameless cash-in for retailers?

Hey, I was going to ask Ashley to be my Valentine! :sad:

Valentine's Day makes me glad to be single. No pressure, no cards, no forced romance. I can spend the day playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin without having to feel guilty about it!

Valentine's Day makes me glad to be single.

This year's Valentine's Day won't make me feel that way. :D

Generally I think it's just the shameless cash-in for retailers as @Josh64 put it.

If I was out there to find me a woman I still wouldn't be doing this on Valentine's Day. It's forced and completely unromantic.

But maybe it's the sad cynic in me speaking.

Hey, I was going to ask Ashley to be my Valentine! :sad:

Valentine's Day makes me glad to be single. No pressure, no cards, no forced romance. I can spend the day playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin without having to feel guilty about it!

That's exactly how I feel, but in my case I'll be playing Boom Street or dragging my way through Eternal Sonata ;)

And oh no, this could be problematic. Perhaps we could get Ashley on that cheap ITV show, Dinner Date. I'll warn you pal, when he's tasted some of my lasagne there will be no turning back.

Never been a huge fan of it, but starting a new relationship... I do feel extra-compelled to do something. Unfortunately the meaningful gift isn't happening, and I've got no card, so I figure I'll write a poem and read it to the lucky girl (:P). We initially made no plans at all, but now it's too much to waste a day together... so we're going to try and go for a quiet drink, and come to mine to watch a film.

I hate the idea of going to a restaurant surrounded by couples. SHUDDERRRRR.

I've got a voucher for a barbecue restaurant valued at £50, and we've booked a hotel room. Fun times.

I have an appointment with lawyers. Sexy times!

And then an appointment with Josh apparently.

Last year was my favourite Valentines Day. I drifted around central listening to music and watching men panic buying.

Never really celebrated Valentine's day and it is just a normal day to me really. Plus it will always have some bad memories for me as my grandmother died on that day. =(

But yeah, not doing anything, and I don't mind it really. Forced romance is shiiiiiit. =P

I hate the idea of going to a restaurant surrounded by couples. SHUDDERRRRR.

How comes? For me personally I'm quite happily single, but I still resolve to do something on Valentines day just as a kind of 'screw you', so it seems I'm going to dinner with my friend then out to the pub after with my mates. I refuse to stay at home on Valentines day!

The only thing worse than being single on Valentine's day is being in a relationship on Valentine's day.

My girlfriend and I donate the money that we would have spent on Valentines day to charity, and then stay at home and watch a David Attenborough documentary.

However, i notice that she's started looking longingly at all the Valentines Day stuff and mentioning things we could have done instead - but can't say anything because she'd be essentially stealing form charity if she did...:p

I bought her some chocolates as a surprise this year to keep her happy.

Very romantic valentines day planned today.

I'll be going to play football at 6:45pm,

Heather will be home cooking me some tee, then leaving it in the microwave while her friend comes over to watch true blood and they'll swoon all over Eric & Alceed.

After I've eaten my tee I'll be playing football manager while the girls swoon over buff vampires and werewolves.

Just the way valentines day should be!

I have a tonne of work to do, usual Thursday stuff plus Nintendo Direct

I have vodka for if I get depressed.

I'll also be playing Scribblenauts and spawning dragons to devour all couples in love in it.

How comes? For me personally I'm quite happily single, but I still resolve to do something on Valentines day just as a kind of 'screw you', so it seems I'm going to dinner with my friend then out to the pub after with my mates. I refuse to stay at home on Valentines day!

When I'm single I don't give a shit but when I'm with someone it feels like I'm part of a problem, or in some sort of competition. It's like when people complain about traffic whilst actually being traffic themselves. My original plans were beer, pizza and xbox with a mate - we didn't even realise the date!

When I'm single I don't give a shit but when I'm with someone it feels like I'm part of a problem, or in some sort of competition. It's like when people complain about traffic whilst actually being traffic themselves. My original plans were beer, pizza and xbox with a mate - we didn't even realise the date!

Pfft. Gay. Extra sausage on that pizza...

Me and my friend Linzi are gonna go out drinking, we'd planned it a few weeks ahead and only realised it fell on Valentines a few days ago, I hope this doesn't ruin our plans! Will everywhere be generally empty dya reckon? Or full of desperate singles?

And I thought I got a valentines day card in the post today but it ended up being a wedding invitation :p

I'm working, so I shan't be seeing my girlfriend today, we're exchanging cards and stuff on Saturday. This works out well as she knows I don't have any monies to buy her a card. Payday is tomorrow though, so woo!

I shall be sorting out my bank and the fact they closed my account for fraud. :D

Oh and I'll probably watch a movie this evening, I haven't seen How To Train a Dragon yet which I got on Bluray :)