Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the E3 trailer again, for what must at least be the fiftieth time at this point.

Having watched a bunch of Miyazaki's films since my first time watching this, I've got to say, those Ghibli vibes are strong!

Can't wait to see how this transfers over to the NX, even considering the latest rumours. I mean, surely it's going to do away with some of the problems evident in what we've seen so far? Oh, and is everyone else expecting the official release date for this thing during the Nintendo Direct NX reveal? I mean, we already know it pretty much has to be a launch title...

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if news, but some recognizable characters may be making a return to this.

https://www.destructoid.com/koroks-return-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-380716.phtml - Koroks are back!

Also there's a brief vid of the Temple of Time(we already knew about that one, right?) -

MM's Mask Salesman was confirmed to be returning in a Zelda game a year or so back (other than MM3D) and has YET to reappear. Given this game's unintended delays...could it be BotW?

Not sure if news, but some recognizable characters may be making a return to this.

https://www.destructoid.com/koroks-return-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-380716.phtml - Koroks are back!

Also there's a brief vid of the Temple of Time(we already knew about that one, right?) -

MM's Mask Salesman was confirmed to be returning in a Zelda game a year or so back (other than MM3D) and has YET to reappear. Given this game's unintended delays...could it be BotW?

Would be mad if they brought in characters and elements from all previous games/alternate timelines (wolf Link, Koroks/Rita/King Nohansen/Masks). People are already speculating some sort of 100 year time travel.

Mad as in you'd be mad, or it'd be mad? I definitely think it would be awesome to see some familiar faces or incarnations from the past series!

As much as I'd like to see him, I'd take the previous things with a pinch of salt myself @Mr_Master_X2 - this is a guaranteed 2015 release after all ;)

Mad as in you'd be mad, or it'd be mad? I definitely think it would be awesome to see some familiar faces or incarnations from the past series!

As much as I'd like to see him, I'd take the previous things with a pinch of salt myself @Mr_Master_X2 - this is a guaranteed 2015 release after all ;)

Wasn't it like on the official twitter though...? Most at the time just assumed a Hyrule Warriors character, but that's not happened. Cancelled character...?

Wasn't it like on the official twitter though...? Most at the time just assumed a Hyrule Warriors character, but that's not happened. Cancelled character...?

Wouldn't you call the guaranteed 2015 release date official too, though? That's my point - things change so I'd say be wary holding them too hard to things. Not only have things at the company obviously changed, but it's also fairly obvious that development in this game changed too; wouldn't be surprised if he has somehow been quietly dropped. I'd bloody love to find him hidden away in this game somewhere, though.

Wouldn't you call the guaranteed 2015 release date official too, though? That's my point - things change so I'd say be wary holding them too hard to things. Not only have things at the company obviously changed, but it's also fairly obvious that development in this game changed too; wouldn't be surprised if he has somehow been quietly dropped. I'd bloody love to find him hidden away in this game somewhere, though.

To further iterate on the point of things changing, the FFXV release date. It was based on the "gold" version of the game. They decided instead of pressing that to disc with a day 1 patch to push the date and not have a day 1 patch.

Official shit changes. Sometimes for the better.

:shakehead

Dubstep is hooooorrrible.

I can hear it now...

Brrrrrtickitickeechickarrrr-brrrrrtickitickeechickarrrr-open yo' eyes

Brrrrrtickitickeechickarrrr-brrrrrtickitickeechickarrrr-Wake 'hup, Link!

It's more D'n'B and Pokemon than dubstep zelda(which I have some of somewhere) but I'd meant to post this ages ago in response. Unironically actually quite like this(like, not all the time though).

Interesting stuff! I'd noticed the similarities straight away(which I found peculiar to have done, given I've only really played the predecessor once) but some of the other speculation was provoking. I was tempted to watch more of his stuff but I'm worried about analyzing and speculating to death on every little thing in the absence of greater information. Good stuff nonetheless!