NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

That's quick @Hero\-of\-Time ! I'm just trying to get to the Zora Domain at the minute. Ran into some huge ogre thing and:

A huge dragon called Naydra and saw a flying green thing one aswell!

Actually finding it quite difficult, only unlocked 4 areas so far and done maybe 15 shrines. Got a lot of seeds aswell to hand in, and found 1 shrine I couldn't do!!! It's quest thing is major test of strength and it's solid!

Will jump back on in a bit :)

Which dungeon did you guys end up doing first? (assuming you can do them in any order)

The Zora area one. The ability you get off of it comes in very handy.

Actually finding it quite difficult, only unlocked 4 areas so far and done maybe 15 shrines. Got a lot of seeds aswell to hand in, and found 1 shrine I couldn't do!!! It's quest thing is major test of strength and it's solid!

Will jump back on in a bit :)

That shrine can be quite dangerous at lower levels. Once the enemy gets low on health it goes completely nuts. I went through a few weapons beating that stage.

It's weird, I love it again now. It really is one of those games that forces you to adapt to it and become a better gamer. Doing so may be uncomfortable, but it's undeniably a good game. The word "phenomenal" is not an overstatement.

I've started enjoying it more by not following the story so closely, or rather, not trying to rush it. Instead of heading to the yellow markers, I've adapted these priorities:

1) Find and activate the tower in each land

2) Complete all shrines in that land

Then when I've done that, I don't mind heading to a yellow marker that's in another land, if you know what I mean? It also helped to buy all the best gear I can find at the moment, and get it upgraded. Doing so has made battles that much less fraught.

Oh man, Nintendo has really done it this time. This is an outstanding moment in the company's history.

Oh man, Nintendo has really done it this time. This is an outstanding moment in the company's history.

Wow, that's quite a U turn from your thoughts earlier!

Ok to save having to work this out for myself and selling something thats helpful in a recipe later. Are there any items that are definitely safe to sell?

Ok to save having to work this out for myself and selling something thats helpful in a recipe later. Are there any items that are definitely safe to sell?

The only thing I sold was rubies. The rest of the stuff I kept. I'm a hoarder. :D

The only thing I sold was rubies. The rest of the stuff I kept. I'm a hoarder. :D
maxresdefault.jpg

(just me being jelly i cant play this game right now)

The Zora area one. The ability you get off of it comes in very handy.

That shrine can be quite dangerous at lower levels. Once the enemy gets low on health it goes completely nuts. I went through a few weapons beating that stage.

What sort of equipment do you unlock later on? I have the blue link top, currently wearing knights armour which upgraded takes me to 21 defence. Got some 38 attack weapons too. Just wondering how much stronger I can get and if it makes things any easier!

It's weird, I love it again now. It really is one of those games that forces you to adapt to it and become a better gamer. Doing so may be uncomfortable, but it's undeniably a good game. The word "phenomenal" is not an overstatement.

I've started enjoying it more by not following the story so closely, or rather, not trying to rush it. Instead of heading to the yellow markers, I've adapted these priorities:

1) Find and activate the tower in each land

2) Complete all shrines in that land

Then when I've done that, I don't mind heading to a yellow marker that's in another land, if you know what I mean? It also helped to buy all the best gear I can find at the moment, and get it upgraded. Doing so has made battles that much less fraught.

Yeah I find you just need to get used to it and adapt to the new play mechanics, then the game just opens up and blows you away.

Just got to a new area and Im blown away by the LOTR-like structures...:heart::heart::heart:

Wow, that's quite a U turn from your thoughts earlier!

It's that crazy a game.

Finding myself dying a lot less now. I just needed to adapt how I played early on. Now, I am a master of the combat.

Still loving it though. I have almost 50 shrines done now. Lots more to do, but I'm finding the shrines harder and harder to find now :/

Though...

I did see dragons! I guess we have to kill them, but I never could get close. I know one is needed for the Spring of Power, and I think I saw that one (Dinraal, Din so fire) but can't get it to appear again.

I did find the yellow one twice. Once in Lake Hylia and another time a bit south east but couldn't get at it. Any tips?

Im still in shock really... I mean I was expecting something good but this good is unbelievable. This new team are coming out all guns blazing.

Finding myself dying a lot less now. I just needed to adapt how I played early on. Now, I am a master of the combat.

I find the combat really rewarding, just needed to wean myself off of the usually easy Zelda fights, which was pretty much hack and slash easy mode. Here, Im actually practicing stuff like backflips for that McFlurry.

I did see dragons! I guess we have to kill them, but I never could get close. I know one is needed for the Spring of Power, and I think I saw that one (Dinraal, Din so fire) but can't get it to appear again.

I did find the yellow one twice. Once in Lake Hylia and another time a bit south east but couldn't get at it. Any tips?

Climb the mountain east of Naydra Snowfield (in the southeast of the map). That's I'll give you :p

Am I the only one who finds this game easy? :D

Climb the mountain east of Naydra Snowfield (in the southeast of the map). That's I'll give you :p

Am I the only one who finds this game easy? :D

Na I find the combat and puzzles easy now :) I just needed to get out of old Zelda mindset

What sort of equipment do you unlock later on? I have the blue link top, currently wearing knights armour which upgraded takes me to 21 defence. Got some 38 attack weapons too. Just wondering how much stronger I can get and if it makes things any easier!

The knight armour is fine. Just keep upgrading it with the Great Fairy fountains.

Though...

I think you need to complete their shrine quests before tackling them out in the wild. At least that's what I done for the couple I faced.

The adventure is over.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

The build up to the final battle was amazingly epic, especially the music. Sadly the final boss was a bit meh and ridiculously easy, even more so if you've completed the 4 main dungeons.

I'll post my final thoughts on the game sometime tomorrow. At the moment I'm physically and mentally exhausted. :D

4 dungeons completed and 69 (hehe) Shrines done. Not sure if I'll want to do more before tackling the final area of the game...::shrug:

Had to give give up on that one. But I marked it on the map so I can come back later. Really like the map in this game. It's very detailed and I find myself constantly refering to it at several zoom levels as well as leaving a lot of markers for locations I want to visit.

I managed to do it in the end, just took a hell of a lot of dodging and spear attacks.

I love those tests of strength and the rewards... But yeah, had to U-turn that Major test going off how the moderate test went lol.

And it's over. What an icredible letdown of a final boss...

The build up to the final battle was amazingly epic, especially the music. Sadly the final boss was a bit meh and ridiculously easy, even more so if you've completed the 4 main dungeons.

Absolutely agree.

I'm up to what I assume is the first dungeon, near Zora's Domain. Just used my shock arrows to smash the pink spheres. Unbelievable that some of you have finished it already :bowdown:. Roughly how many hours did it take you please?

Roughly how many hours did it take you please?

50. Man, I really did not get a lot of sleep since Thursday :laughing:

There's a side quest that lets you buy a house for 3000 Rupees. Is it really that much? I have like 200.

Striking an enemy with a lightning bolt during a thunderstorm is so satisfying.