NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I sit down and I just get lost in this game, for hours. I feel like I'm really there.

I totally agree with this. It's probably its greatest strength.

In previous games, I must admit, it was extremely frustrating if you got stuck. You basically had to call it a day until you could find out how to do it. Breath of the Wild's game world, however, is so massive you can just head off in any other direction and find something else to do. I've not yet come close to being bored.

Just finished the Rito beast, yeah... that was easy. Like 15 minutes from start to finish. Had a lot of fun though!

Almost at the Goron beast now, I noticed that I'm actually missing a few zones. Other than Zeldas memories am I missing anything by skipping them?

This is a nice quote from an interview done with Hidemaro Fujibayash when talking about the development of BOTW.

"When Iwata passed away, there were moments we’d come up with an idea which we’d be excited to talk to Iwata about. Then we’d remember he was no longer here. Miyamoto told me it was the same for him. He’d come up with an idea at the weekend and would feel excited to speak to Iwata about it on Monday, only to remember. The sadness runs deep. This is approaching spiritual talk, but we had the sense that he was watching over our work. That became a source of motivation, a drive for us to improve and be better."

I was reading yesterday that the game does have a percentage complete counter. Apparently it's on the map screen. I knew even noticed this. To fill it to 100% you need to do all the shrines, sidequests, bosses and collect all 900 of the Korok seeds!

Seriously? There are 900 Korok seeds? I thought that was an exaggeration.

I found 56 ;;

Seriously? There are 900 Korok seeds? I thought that was an exaggeration.

I found 56 ;;

I've only been in two areas and found like 48 :D

This game continues to amaze me. I was just speaking to @Kav and he explained that the story is not thrown in your face like other modern games but is in the background for the player to seek (that is not a criticism, games like Witcher 3 are absolutely amazing and I love heavy story driven games). Its just different, similar way to how Metroid Prime tells the story. An example of this is that I have just spoken to a random NPC that triggered a massive cut scene.

Yesterday, I climbed a massive mountain (in the area where Kakiriko Village is) and came across this massive dragon. It triggered a mini boss battle. It was pretty easy but how the battle took across the mountains were nothing short of epic.

It really does pay to fully explore and interact with everyone. In my opinion unless you are exploring, discovering, getting to know the battle system, doing the side quests then you may not be getting everything out of it that the developers intended.

This is a full modern Zelda experience. The characters, world, puzzles and weapons are just what you would expect from a Zelda title.

I love the battle system in this game. It makes you think. Gone are the days where you can mash one button. Yes, I suppose you can go off and get the best weapons and try and cheese it but the game will punish you by breaking the weapons. The battle system is deep - that well timed dodge or parry can really change the tide of a battle.

I was facing this minotaur monster and it was because I dodged at the right time that I managed to get a lot of hits in. My weapon of choice was smashed and I had to use a different one. I have been using weapons that I would not normally have used if a powerful sword would not break.

I understand why this game received overwhelming praise. Fantastic stuff. I sometimes just get the urge to post my thoughts as I progress (very slowly as I spent hours exploring, shrine and korok hunting).

I've also been heavily using that screenshot button on the Switch and posting on twitter. Its dead easy. I prefer Miiverse but it'll do.

EDIT: i've just come across someone playing Epona's Song. And I thought that I wouldn't hear any of the classic songs. Love it :love:

EDIT 2: I also love the fact that the characters you meet along the way reappear. I have just came across the painter giy at some stables. So random! :D

Edited by Blade

I think I've found 4 Korok seeds so far.....

They are very useful.

I've just re found the fat korok that you can exchange them with. I have just unlocked a further 4 weapon spaces, 1 bow and 1 shield.

I have sunk hours into this game so far yet seem to be so far behind everyone else! I'm still in the same clothes you start with, I only have one extra heart and upgraded one stamina, I only found my first korok seed last night and I've only uncovered about 4 sections of map! :o

I'm taking it very slow it would seem, but not intentionally. I only get about 2 hours play time of an evening after work but each time I play I'm drawn into something that just makes time fly.

I really need to get some more hearts and better armour etc. I just don't know how to improve my clothing. I guess I'll stumble upon it soon!

Thats a question I wanted to ask actually. I'm also pretty lean on new armour. Have you guys been purchasing a lot of new armour or just finding it in the world/getting it as rewards?

Thats a question I wanted to ask actually. I'm also pretty lean on new armour. Have you guys been purchasing a lot of new armour or just finding it in the world/getting it as rewards?

I have just done a quick google search and it's given me a list of all the places to find better armour / clothing.

Quite spoiler free too as it just tells you which location it's in, like the shrine name or the town you find it in off the back of a completed side quest, doesn't actually go into detail about it.

Think that's my plan this evening, go through that and try and upgrade a bit.

I was just rocking my amiibo gear for most the game, unless the environment required me to swap it for something that was hot or cold. When it came to the final boss I decided to change it to knight armour as I could level that up more easily than the amiibo stuff ( need Star Fragments for the amiibo gear ). Up until that point I don't think I even leveled anything up as it wasn't really needed.

I have just done a quick google search and it's given me a list of all the places to find better armour / clothing.

Quite spoiler free too as it just tells you which location it's in, like the shrine name or the town you find it in off the back of a completed side quest, doesn't actually go into detail about it.

Think that's my plan this evening, go through that and try and upgrade a bit.

Could I get that link? Might try and upgrade a bit myself.

I really need to get some more hearts and better armour etc. I just don't know how to improve my clothing. I guess I'll stumble upon it soon!

I have the same questions myself, but it's a mixture of shops, sidequests and just finding it. Here's what I've got so far:

Hylian gear from Kakariko and Soldier's gear from Hateno village. These can both be upgraded by the Great Fairy at Kakariko.

The Climber's Bandana from the Ree Dahee Shrine. This is extremely useful.

The Zoras gave me Zora Armour, and one of the sidequests from Zora's Domian gave me the Zora trousers.

That's all I've got so far.

Found a rather depressing location

Tx3jLsO.jpg

LUhwsNi.jpg

Sm0GFkO.jpg

19TClmo.jpg

f1kPKs3.jpg

I also killed my first full guardian.

WoW! I thought the game was big. I've just met Sheikah and had the map updated and now the Plateau is just a small area in the middle. I've now realised just how big it is.

2 Korok seeds and counting

How are people not finding the koroks? They're dead easy to find.

Found a rather depressing location

Tx3jLsO.jpg

LUhwsNi.jpg

Sm0GFkO.jpg

19TClmo.jpg

f1kPKs3.jpg

I also killed my first full guardian.

Good god :(