NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Ok... I was in the region just east of the Plateau, wide open fields, then the red moon suddenly rose and turned the whole area to darkness + the cutscene with Zelda.... oh my god. Favourite moment of the game so far. From being all WTF at this giant glowing red sun rising at night, to the terrifying scenes that followed. Fantastic.

I think you need to complete their shrine quests before tackling them out in the wild. At least that's what I done for the couple I faced.

Ah. I just got the Shrine of Power quest so this one will likely appear now. Thanks :)

Absolutely agree.

Having the beasts take off over half is life was a bit of a joke. The fight wasn't hard anyway, so I didn't see the need to make it any easier.

I also didn't care much for the design of Ganon. It's probably the weakest design out of all the Zelda games.

Ok... I was in the region just east of the Plateau, wide open fields, then the red moon suddenly rose and turned the whole area to darkness + the cutscene with Zelda.... oh my god. Favourite moment of the game so far. From being all WTF at this giant glowing red sun rising at night, to the terrifying scenes that followed. Fantastic.

If you cook during that period of time you will get some nice bonuses.

Where do I find that guy who increases your inventory the second time? He said I could find him somewhere else after the first time I met him, but I don't remember where.

Where do I find that guy who increases your inventory the second time? He said I could find him somewhere else after the first time I met him, but I don't remember where.

I found him in the Lost Woods. I'm not sure if he goes anywhere else first but that's where I found him when he flew away from his starting position.

What region of the map is Lost Woods in then? I'm currently at the bottom right one but I'll head there when I'm finished with this region.

I spend most of the weekend playing it and I absolutely love it. Moving around the world is so much fun and there's lots and lots of small details, ruins and all sorts.

Currently done two of the divine beasts. Even though they were short, I really enjoyed them. Bosses aren't great, though. The shrines are a lot of fun, too, especially the ones you can complete in unconventional ways due to the physics system.

It definitely has the thing of "I'll do this" then when I get there I get distracted by other stuff. I went looking for a Goron for a quest and ended up defeating a divine beast.

He's usually near stables.

What region of the map is Lost Woods in then? I'm currently at the bottom right one but I'll head there when I'm finished with this region.

It's in the region with the Woodland Tower. It's north ( a little east, as well ) of Hyrule Castle on the map.

Sales stuff.

Released on Friday, Nintendo Switch brings with it ‘The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild’, which debuts at No2 for both Switch and Wii U. 78% of sales were for the Switch version with 22% for Wii U. The Switch version becomes the 3rd biggest ever launch of a Zelda title, behind ‘Wind Waker’ on Gamecube and ‘Twilight Princess’ on Wii.
Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm honestly not that good at video games anymore. Luckily, I've become kind of good with the bow and bombs (as well as stealth) in order to keep my distance.

I'm a Amazon Prime member and pre-ordered zelda. And yet:

C5_vyh3WgAE1PA9.jpg

Edit- just checked my emails and there's one from amazon alerting me about this. Not too bothered, but I would have loved to start playing Zelda today.

Well, I got an email from Amazon last night:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on February 24 2017

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Wii U)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

To apologise for the delay we’ve added a £5 credit to your account. Your £5 promotional credit won't appear in the "View gift card balance" section of the "Your Account" link. The promotional balance will automatically be redeemed against your next eligible order on Amazon.co.uk.

As we do not have an expected delivery for your order we’d like to offer you the chance to purchase "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [Wii U Download Code]” for the same price and have included a promotional code to allow you do this. It’s available here:

So still no Zelda for me but they offered me the download code for the same price and gave me £5 credit, so they've been really good about it.

Edited by Helmsly

@Hero\-of\-Time and @AnyoneElseWhoHasCompletedIT - how would you surmise your experiences with the game and if inclined to score it, where would you put it?

This isn't quite relevant to Zelda, but I just want to correct myself... Simply Games didn't drop the ball, I did, I got the postcode mixed up :blush:

Glad I bought a separate copy!

Just killed myself by using an amiibo. The chest landed straight on Link! D'oh!

@Hero\-of\-Time and @AnyoneElseWhoHasCompletedIT - how would you surmise your experiences with the game and if inclined to score it, where would you put it?

I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I don't hate it but I certainly don't adore it, either. There are far too many things in it that I don't like to rate it highly.

Well done to @Hero\-of\-Time and @drahkon for completing the game :o. I had a very enjoyable time playing it last night, just trying to find shrines and towers.

I got the Climber's Bandana from the shrine between the peaks, which has made mountaineering that much easier. I ran up the cliff and found the shrines with the "Twin Memories" puzzle. This really impressed me in the same way as the "Goddess islands" moment in Wind Waker.

With the Climber's Bandana, I could finally get up this tower. Doing so gives an immense sense of satisfaction.

(Lake Hylia) The base was surrounded by all kinds of villains, so I just ran past them and zoomed up the tower!

(Faron?) I accessed this from the nearby plateau (not the Great Plateau) and just glided down onto the side! I suspect you don't have to climb it at all if you time it right!

Just trying to build myself up as fast as possible by completing shrines, and finding towers to base myself from. This is one game I should have bought the official guide book for!

To me the more I play this game the more I think it is a contender for the best game ever made! Its so far definitely up there with Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime!

I got the Climber's Bandana from the shrine between the peaks, which has made mountaineering that much easier. I ran up the cliff and found the shrines with the "Twin Memories" puzzle. This really impressed me in the same way as the "Goddess islands" moment in Wind Waker.

With the Climber's Bandana, I could finally get up this tower. Doing so gives an immense sense of satisfaction.

Just trying to build myself up as fast as possible by completing shrines, and finding towers to base myself from. This is one game I should have bought the official guide book for!

Yeah, the armour set you mentioned comes in great for climbing. Once I got it I was always using it when I went exploring.

Getting the towers first was always going to be my first objective. I tend to play most open world Ubisoft games this way, as well. It makes it far more snappier later in the game if you are willing to put in the leg work early on.

Well done to @Hero\-of\-Time and @drahkon for completing the game :o. I had a very enjoyable time playing it last night, just trying to find shrines and towers.

(Lake Hylia) The base was surrounded by all kinds of villains, so I just ran past them and zoomed up the tower!

(Faron?) I accessed this from the nearby plateau (not the Great Plateau) and just glided down onto the side! I suspect you don't have to climb it at all if you time it right!

I'm playing it a different way to you by fully exploring an area before moving onto the next and moving on with the story. I love the fact that you can play the game how you want and there is no "correct" way of going about things.

Damn that volcano is daunting to travel up, I only just made it to the Shrine in the last few seconds so I didn't have to venture up it again without the neccesities. Love how they replicated the realism of going up a volcano. This is no friendly walk up a hill.

I've just reached the first Great Fairy! It was so good hearing that familiar tune! Thats one thing I have not enountered very much so far...familiar Zelda music :(

Huh, just saw a green glow in a mountain, went to investigate and found the Lord of the Mountain with a load of Blupee. Fascinating.

How do you make a horse your own. I had one but when I whistled it did nothing.

How do you make a horse your own. I had one but when I whistled it did nothing.

Go to a stable and register it. I first came across one on the way to kakriko village

Jesus Christ. I don't recommend doing the gerudo divine beast early on. It's the second "dungeon" I did, I was tearing my hair out by the end. That boss was very very tough.

The puzzles feel very Zelda to me in fact, that dungeon reminded me of the water temple a little. Having a little break now and then need to start finding shrines. I've only done 20 or so.

What in gods name is this shrine with the motion controls? What the actual fuck kind of fuckery?! I can't do it and I'm ready to smash something. Whyyyy.