NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Pro Controller.

There are Shrines that you can only do with the GamePad.

Other than that there aren't any GamePad functions, as far as I know.

Yeah, but I meant things like a map or inventory management.

Ah, ok. Now that you mention it...that inventory could definitely use GamePad controls...

40 Shrines done. And I've ventured through a particular forest and found something I really want :D Not going to spoil it, though :p

I need to start doing some sidequests. I've been accepting them but I've ignored almost all...

Edited by drahkon

I didn't realize EVERY amiibo gives you something if scanned. Just spent the past 10 mins scanning 50+ amiibo in. The amount of meat/fish/veg I got should keep me going for some time. :D

I didn't realize EVERY amiibo gives you something if scanned. Just spent the past 10 mins scanning 50+ amiibo in. The amount of meat/fish/veg I got should keep me going for some time. :D

Pay to win...bloody Nintendo.

:p

Is there a certain point where the amiibos start working?

I think you have to turn the option on in the settings. At least I had to. After that it seems you can use them whenever you want.

I think you have to turn the option on in the settings. At least I had to. After that it seems you can use them whenever you want.

Yeah I've done that. Still not getting anything.

Sigh. Still in work til half 5 then off to other half nan's straight from work for tea. Who lives miles away.

But wait!! I have the Switch with me! That'll make the journey much sweeter.

Also, representing BOTW with my Zelda pin today. Even had someone spot it and strike up a convo with me!

F2A2616E-D261-4E5C-816B-D623DC58565A_zpsdw0dxzkc.jpg

Yeah I've done that. Still not getting anything.

You pressing up on the d-pad and selecting it? You have to use it with the L trigger.

You pressing up on the d-pad and selecting it? You have to use it with the L trigger.

That was it thanks.

Use that spoiler tag Mokong!!

I think a spoiler-free thread will be best afterall. Too much eagerness to post about everything in the game in this one.

Edited by King_V

I arrived at a small village on a beach. Someone there told me about a remote island that she desparately wanted to go to. Well, I went there and as soon as I arrived...my goodness...

All of my items/equipment got removed and I had to activate three altars. It was a test: Survive on that island and prove yourself worthy of the Shrine. Pretty cool idea. It was a tad on the easy side, though (as is the whole game, in my opinion).

Still, it was fun and basically a much smaller version of the grand adventure you are the hero of :)

I'm not sure if anyone's covered this already, but have you guys seen this?

zelda_breath_of_the_wild_concept_art.0.jpg

Early concept art for Breath of the Wild. While I loath the look of Link himself in this art (makes me think of some horrid 80's/90's cartoon show I can't remember the name of), I find it interesting that Nintendo considered to give Link a motorcycle. Other concept art also showed an Independence Day-style flying saucer mothership over Hyrule.

Makes me wonder if they might actually include a more modern Hyrule in the next game. Maybe allow Link to thunder along the plains on a bike or a Final Fantasy XV-style car.

I've been busy manipulating the Wii U internal clock (saves scanning every day) to unlock these outfits via amiibo.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by Hero-of-Time

@Shorty / any mod, can we make a spoiler-free thread pls?

I dont see why not.

I never classed my pics as spoilers, especially if you don't have the various amiibo ( none of the BotW amiibo unlock the outfits, you need the older Zelda ones ) to unlock them with. You can't get them any other way.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I dont see why not.

I never classed my pics as spoilers, especially if you don't have the various amiibo ( none of the BotW amiibo unlock the outfits you need the older Zelda ones ) to unlock them with. You can't get them any other way.

Thats cool.(out of likes response)

I did get frustrated trying to obtain the Warm Doublet

Is that obtainable early on? I think I completely missed it.

Is that obtainable early on? I think I completely missed it.

Yeah.

Theres s hit just south east of the Temple of Time. The Old Man has a diary in there that has a recipe. Complete the recipe for the Old Man and he'll give you the outfit.

This game. It's just unreal how good it is.

For all nintendo's flaws, when they make games like this everything else (just about) fades into obscurity. This is like a magnum opus. Pure craft and artistry melding wonderful imitations of crafting and world into a beautiful controllable anime. Delving into this self-directed wonder seems endless. Not since 1998 has Nintendo seemingly strutted into a Zelda with this confidence and direction. It's like they got their blueprints out and said 'what's next'.

*may contain traces of hype!

Yeah.

Theres s hit just south east of the Temple of Time. The Old Man has a diary in there that has a recipe. Complete the recipe for the Old Man and he'll give you the outfit.

I not sure what I doing wrong as I got the ingredients for receipe. I go to the temple and the old man isn't there.

I have no idea how I start cooking stuff.

I not sure what I doing wrong as I got the ingredients for receipe. I go to the temple and the old man isn't there.

I have no idea how I start cooking stuff.

Go back to the hut. Wait until nightfall and he should arrive. Go to your inventory and press X to hold all 3 items. You can then approach the cooking pot and begin cooking.

Ah what? Amazing :)

Yeah.

Don't if he was interested in recipe only or just the doublet, but I was given mine from climbing on the top of the tallest mountain in the starting region. You of course need to brew some cold resistance potions to get there

Anyway, halfway into the second region. Pretty enjoyable so far.