NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

My (already considerable) hype has just multiplied by 10 listening to Gamexplain's half hour discussion with the editor of Nintendo Force. I'd recommend people give it a watch/listen, there's no real spoilers tbh

What's Link holding? Also... spoiler?

Its just a shining knife-like weapon... I've seen some bad ass weapons already, one looks similar to Cloud's organics in FF7. (not a spoiler as its not exactly the same)

organics.jpg

I bet Im going to shed a few tears come Friday...

Yeah, me too, if I'm not able to get a copy that day.

Some things from the review.

– Frame rate is a little uneven on the Wii U version, dropping to teens in very busy sequences like heavy weather effects, rarely when it matters

I've preordered the game for WiiU, but this makes me think I should cancel the preorder and get a Switch now together with Zelda, even if I don't get it by launch... mmmhh...

something I'll keep an eye out for... shame, I won't be getting a switch at launch so if the frame rate issue seems to affect enjoyment too much on the Wii U version I may be skipping this zelda altogether :|

I've preordered the game for WiiU, but this makes me think I should cancel the preorder and get a Switch now together with Zelda, even if I don't get it by launch... mmmhh...

Get the Switch.

Get the Switch.

You suck. You had the perfect opportunity to say "Make the Switch" and you squandered it. SQUANDERED!

pHsJb8.jpg
Ocarina of Time was made by Nintendo. So who would be able to make a game better then Ocarina of Time? Ofcourse its Nintendo.

Pretty curious about Famitsu's report.

This will be the first console-Zelda since OoT that I won't be getting at launch - and that sucks based on all the previews!

I've decided to not getting a Switch at launch because I'm doing another Master's Thesis and have to hand it in on June 1st. Should be able to make it that far but I hate it! I would rather have Zelda now and postpone the thesis but alas, I can't do that!

It looks sooooo good! Will stay spoiler-free as much as possible for this game but it's hard. I want to watch the videos and everything about the game.

When has a Zelda last sounded this epic?

:bowdown:

Some great in-depth and recent analysis on previous Zeldas:

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

Been binge watching videos... The shadows in this game are amazing, the way the moonlight reflects on the grass and water is just...

From Gaf thread

Gamekult editor on graphical differences between the Zelda Switch/Wii U version

Rough translation courtesy of Coffinhal:

Strictly talking about the tutorial area :

Strong aliasing

Worse sharpness

Serious framerate drops

Visual issues with cutscenes and when getting out of the inventory

Too many actions (using a power+rotating the camera = "framerate death")

5 sec loading time when you get back to the Home menu

He installed every patch available

The plateau on Switch is bad framerate related and it gets better after, but in the plateau it's nowhere near what the Wii U version is

From Gaf thread

Strong aliasing

Worse sharpness

Serious framerate drops

The plateau on Switch is bad framerate related and it gets better after, but in the plateau it's nowhere near what the Wii U version is

That sounds brutal. Wouldn't be buying it if I only had Wii U version as a choice

Would wait for DF verdict for sure.

From Gaf thread

Strong aliasing

Worse sharpness

Serious framerate drops

Yeah, that sounds a bit rough. My copy should ship tomorrow so i'll see how things fare.

Wow, the Wii U version sounds shocking.

I know I am buying a new console for Zelda. I know I can easily buy the game for a lot less money for the Wii U. However, it is certain that I would have bought the Switch anyway so I take the view that I may aswell buy it at launch. I'll get thr most value out of it as I will have maximum time with it before the next Nintendo hardware is released.

Can't wait now to play this game!

The E3 plateau area seems to be the most taxing part of the game from a technical pov, I wonder why that is. Lots of reports saying it's where the majority of frame rate drops occur.

However, it is certain that I would have bought the Switch anyway so I take the view that I may aswell buy it at launch.

Yeah and it's unlikely to go down in price any time soon so if you're going to buy a Switch eventually, may as well buy it now and enjoy all the great games in the next few months, and the best version of this game.