NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Wonder what the wii u version will be like. All the press have been sent switch copies.

I'm also sceptical as I remember all of these outlets also going crazy over Skyward Sword and labelling it as the best Zelda since Ocarina, the best Zelda ever, etc. It's very similar to how BotW is being hyped up.

That's just not how I remember it at all...

I'm also sceptical as I remember all of these outlets also going crazy over Skyward Sword and labelling it as the best Zelda since Ocarina, the best Zelda ever, etc. It's very similar to how BotW is being hyped up.

From GameSpot

If the entirety of Breath of the Wild maintains the beauty and variety seen in its opening hours, it will be a strong contender for the best Zelda game of all time. I say this fully aware that any new Zelda game comes with a hefty dose of hype and anticipation. Throw in a console launch on top of that, and you wouldn't be blamed for sounding the hyperbole alarm.

Yeah, I think the fundamental difference between SS and BOTW is obvious without the previews. The praise for BOTW is so uniform too.

That's just not how I remember it at all...

From GameSpot

This is from @Hero\-of\-Time or @Blade say that's something worth playing, then there's no reason to doubt them as they have no other agendas.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I'm sceptical about the "best Zelda since Ocarina" comments. Mainly because Majora and Wind Waker are already better.

Out of interest, are any of these "early reviews" saying anything about the Wii U version having any advantages over the Switch? I just have this nagging feeling (possibly because I was insistent on getting the GC version of TP, and this sort of feels like I'm believing the hype of the "Wii", if you get my drift). Maybe Miiverse or button layout etc?

I can't argue with that, but in my opinion it was very, very clear Skyward Sword wouldn't be what the reviews said it was, even from previews years before. It had its moments, but as an overall game it was clear the scope wasn't there.

I'd also argue that Metro and Eurogamer are of a certain ilk (not meaning any offence here), as well as one other Nintendo site I can think of. If GameSpot and similar multi-format sites are saying it's good, I believe it that much more. Plus, BotW has always looked like it could be the best, as long as the harder-to-predict elements (such as story and atmosphere) are done right.

Skyward Sword is the wost Zelda game that I played. I'm hoping its nothing like that.

I thought Skyward Sword was great! Not quite as good as Twilight Princess or Ocarina but better than all the others.

Edited by Kav

Skyward Sword is the wost Zelda game that I played. I'm hoping its nothing like that.

I loved Skyward Sword and found Wind Waker very average.

Cheapest place to get this on the Wii U?

Seems to be £45+ at most places. It's being charged at a more premium price than what most Wii U games are.

Being the worst Zelda game does not make it a bad game. Its good but not Zelda standard fot me.

I've only seen Zelda Wii U at about £45.

I really enjoyed Skyward Sword. I keep wanting to go back to it, but even though I enjoyed how motion control was done, it just gives me the thought of "I can't be bothered" when thinking about revisiting it

I'd like to play Skyward Sword if it got a Switch re-release with standard controls. The motion controls put me off ever playing it on Wii.

This is from @Hero\-of\-Time or @Blade say that's something worth playing, then there's no reason to doubt them as they have no other agendas.

That's fair enough, but it's still not how I remember it. It may have reviewed well, but it didn't have this hype I mean; the hands on is very different. People don't like Skyward Sword because of the motion controls in the main, a lot of the reviews say it's revolutionary because of the motion controls. A lot of people don't like them.

Personally I loved Skyward Sword, it's incredible. If Fi shut the fuck up I'd barely have anything negative to say about it.

This though feels different. The hype, what people are saying about it, it feels very very different.

This though feels different. The hype, what people are saying about it, it feels very very different.

Yeah, I think the timing of SS' release on Wii also played a part of the 'de-hype' - For me pretty much the last major game on Wii.

and.... its pre-ordered - £43 from Amazon as I got £5 added to my account for my TV being delivered late last week.

I'm excited now.

Also, it's my first Wii U game purchase in 2 years and 9 months as well. I better go test my Wii U.