NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Worth mentioning that there's two other guides for $15 and $25.

I just find it funny that you can get a guide that's more expensive than the actual game.

I don't like the flurry rush, it looks to remove any form of challenge from a fight.

I don't like the flurry rush, it looks to remove any form of challenge from a fight.

Doesn't that only activate if you dodge an attack at the last second?

Seems like a Bayonetta style reward for skilled play to me. And I'm fine with that.

From reports the game is much more difficult than usual. It won't be short of a challenge.

Doesn't that only activate if you dodge an attack at the last second?

Seems like a Bayonetta style reward for skilled play to me. And I'm fine with that.

Yeah but it looks simple enough to do, as was witch time... but this looks too big a help really.

I dunno, it's only a minor gripe.

Edited by Kav

I just hope this game isn't going to leave me reaching for a guide / walk through every 5 minutes like previous Zelda's do to me.

I'm aware I'm a bit of a moron with Zelda games :heh: but part of the reason I never finish them is coz I get stuck / bored wandering round haha.

I'm hoping I can change my fortunes with Breath of the Wild. Not as if I'll have any other Switch game to sink time into from launch. :P

I just hope this game isn't going to leave me reaching for a guide / walk through every 5 minutes like previous Zelda's do to me.

I'm aware I'm a bit of a moron with Zelda games :heh: but part of the reason I never finish them is coz I get stuck / bored wandering round haha.

I'm hoping I can change my fortunes with Breath of the Wild. Not as if I'll have any other Switch game to sink time into from launch. :P

At least you'll just be able to open up the Switch web browser and load GameFAQs to make it simple... :p

Breaking news:

The legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild will be the first Zelda game to feature Dutch subtitles!

As we Dutch would say, "joepie". I don't give a shit, but I guess it'll help some noobs out. But it's funny to see / hear Eiji Aonuma speak some Dutch for the occasion:

This was always my problem. I'd have a break from playing, then pick it up a few months later and forget all the game mechanics, and wouldn't be able to progress because I'd forgotten you could use X, Y and Z in whatever way.

This was always my problem. I'd have a break from playing, then pick it up a few months later and forget all the game mechanics, and wouldn't be able to progress because I'd forgotten you could use X, Y and Z in whatever way.

Yup. I always feel so stupid playing Zelda as I just get impatient when I don't know what I'm doing within 5 minutes :p so I end up playing with my laptop on my knee looking at a guide. Hope this doesn't end up the same but we'll see.

If anything with it being more of an open-world design that hopefully won't happen as much, and your idle wandering will find you embarking on new mini-adventures!

So, the whole "you can go to the final boss immediately" thing got me thinking it might be a fun challenge to try to do this when I first get the game. Anyone else up for this? Just for bragging rights, we'll compare how far we get.

- Only for first-timers, which at this point is everyone (doing this after completing the game normally will make it just a speedrun, and part of this particular challenge is that you don't know anything yet.

- Perma death. You die, your challenge is over.

- More or less a straight line to Ganon. You can do some minimal item collecting and acclimatizing to the controls, clear out enemies that are directly in your way, but no dungeons or shrines or anything else optional and unnecessary to reach your goal.

I'm sure a lot of you would like to have their first Zelda experience be "genuine", but you're going to miss a lot of story this way anyway, plus I totally expect to die long before I even reach Ganon, so I don't think this will diminish my "canon playthough" experience in any way.

I'm sure I'll be terrible at the game and will die. Back on WW for Gamecube I never died or came close to dying. Then for the WiiU HD Remaster, I was terrible. Shows how much my game playing abilities have fallen.

But sure. I'm sure I'll make it to the Temple of Time before dying...

Im very much looking forward to dying from something that isn't a boss - gone are the days of jumping down from Goron City to Dodongo's Cavern and only losing half a heart. The many ways to die will be a game in itself.

There are so many spoilers out there, it's a little terrifying.

I'm going to try and avoid everything. But I am curious to hear what people think of it. Risky thing to look for though...

I'm going to try and avoid everything. But I am curious to hear what people think of it. Risky thing to look for though...

Im pretty ignorant to anything outside of the E3 demo and recent demos thankfully. I feel around this time before SS' release I we knew quiet a bit, including Fi and the Master Sword.

The new Amiibo all do the same thing: unlocks certain weapons early.

So Wolf Link Amiibo is the only significant one.