NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Aonuma re: towns

“I can’t share too much about villages because to tell you how the villages work, they’re interconnected to the story and overall world.”

Or perhaps you can just use the Wolf Link amiibo in Breath of the Wild without any TP data saved on it? :hmm:

You can, but it will only have three hearts.

The UI and font usage is foul beyond reproach. The use of italics and the Zelda logo font is especially disgusting!

The UI will definitely be changed before release, it looks placeholder atm.

That said, I've realised the Zelda font should only ever be used for the game's logo, it just looks horrible everywhere else

The UI and font usage is foul beyond reproach. The use of italics and the Zelda logo font is especially disgusting!

I definitely think that the main pop-up for first getting an item should be in the bottom left and not interrupt gameplay (as you can press + for more info).

I have never actually played any Zelda game in my life but this game seems pretty cool. It looks like a mix between Jak and Daxter and Skyrim :grin:

If I already had a Nintendo NX then I would definitely buy this but I think I'll just wait for the reviews of this game (and the NX) before I take the plunge. As others have already said, it does seem to have the potential to be just another open world game with a cartoony skin (and the graphics dont look overly amazing)... but I am pretty impressed by this game so far as it seems to have incorporated the fun that I associate with Nintendo... but do you know what would make it really Nintendo? Split screen. Please please please local multiplayer modes for all games!!

EDIT: Oh god... what is the point of having multiple options when chatting to NPCs when it makes no difference what you say? :mad::mad:

Dont go all Fallout 4 on us Nintendo!!

Edited by Nuntendo
Automerged Doublepost

EDIT: Oh god... what is the point of having multiple options when chatting to NPCs when it makes no difference what you say? :mad::mad:

Zelda has been like that since A Link to the Past.

Zelda has been like that since A Link to the Past.

I guess its not that sort of game... Fair enough.

I have never actually played any Zelda game in my life...

Sorry, what? How does one go through life with this happening? :p

You should go back and play some, they're fantastic!

Breath of the Wild looks like a return to the original Zelda whilst taking bits from other games and expanding upon itself to bring it more in-line with other open world games, whilst still retaining what makes it Zelda.

I'll just wait for the reviews of this game (and the NX) before I take the plunge.

I predict lots and lots of 10/10's and 9.8's.

but do you know what would make it really Nintendo? Split screen. Please please please local multiplayer modes for all games!!

Split screen, in a single player game? Why?

Split screen, in a single player game? Why?

Everything should be multiplayer!

I hate not being able to play games with my partner :weep:

Everything should be multiplayer!

I hate not being able to play games with my partner :weep:

That's not really solid enough reasoning for a mainline, absorbing single-player entry in the Zelda series to suddenly be forced to include multiplayer, if Nintendo were to add co-op functionality for another player to control Wolf Link while you are playing as Link within limited range, I could accept that but nothing which would compromise tjhat amazing feeling of single-player immersion. ;)

I appreciate your desire to play more games co-operatively with your partner as I'm sure loads of people want that, to have more games to play with their nearest and dearest but this isn't a title which should go all out to include such features if it's not supposed to be part of the game I feel. ::shrug:

However, if you want to play a Zelda multiplayer game which you can both enjoy in two-player co-op then I would suggest buying a Gamecube - well worth buying if you don't own one already - along with a copy of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures plus a GBA with GC to GBA link cable; it might seem like a lot but it's more than worth it especially if you have any of those things already, failing that there are a few co-op games from Nintendo available on the Wii U already but I don't think you'll get anything like that beyond the partly plausible Wolf Link scenario I described above. : peace:

Anyway as for my feelings on Zelda at the moment after all that we've seen?

2017 really seems a long way away at the moment but it will be more than worth the wait! :yay:

I watched the trailer but don't really want to spoil anything beyond that. That said, does the footage shown give any hint at any civilization/life in the world we've seen? So far I've seen ruins and dungeons, cliffs and forests, life in the sense of animals... but no towns, huts or people.

Edit: I just read about there being towns and them being interconnected to the world. But just wondered if there's a hint of anything so far, roads, NPCs, etc..

For me Zelda's biggest weakness has always been how uninhabited (and often uninhabitable) the overworld feels. Skyloft, Termina, Kakariko Village, OoT and TP's Hyrule Castle Town... they all hinted at something brilliant but never got there.

Edited by Shorty

via Polygon

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles," producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that's an option totally up to the user."

When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.

icmjm6bcucrxfdgu6f.gif

@Hero\-of\-Time will be finished with the game in twelve minutes! :P

Hehehe! It seemed very odd initially, but I have to admit, it really grew on me during the stream. I actually love it now and hope it'll be final. :grin:

@Hero\-of\-Time will be finished with the game in twelve minutes! :P

You should know by now that I like to try and 100% games. It's the only way they last long for me.

I can't believe I'll get to play this, Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda next year. It's gonna be one hell of a year for gaming :D

Anyone got a link to a video that doesn't give away too much? Don't want to see that opening sequence (that was already pretty much ruined by its thumbnail/description) for example, but maybe just a glimpse here and there at how it plays.

This morning, I woke up with that great feeling you get from waking for the first time with the girl/guy of your dreams, plus it just happens to be a sunny Saturday morning... And a full English is on the fryer..!

It's a great feeling knowing Zelda is going to be good. :)

plus it just happens to be a sunny Saturday morning

Its Wednesday isn't it?? :confused: Or am I mad?