NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

I've just told my girlfriend that she'll be a Zelda Widow when the game is released... she's prepared for it and accepting of it thankfully. #priorities

This post just made me realise that this is the first home console Zelda to be released since @Fierce_LiNk and I have been living together... That's a long time since the last game! :o

We'll have to figure out how to play it without spoiling it for each other, when we do decide to get the game...

This post just made me realise that this is the first home console Zelda to be released since @Fierce_LiNk and I have been living together... That's a long time since the last game! :o

We'll have to figure out how to play it without spoiling it for each other, when we do decide to get the game...

Play it like the pottery scene in Ghost, he wraps himself round you and you both hold the controller and the righteous brothers play*

*soft music, angry men and sassy black women optional

No no no, no ghosting. One of you hold the left side of the controller and the other hold the right side. Hilarity should ensue.

I'll be a gentleman about it and let her play it first. Then, I'll play it afterwards. If I exercise whilst she's playing or if I play another game (dual tv set-up) then we're golden.

Well, if you already have a Wii U, then you can get an NX and both versions of the game. All you need is a second TV.

Well, if you already have a Wii U, then you can get an NX and both versions of the game. All you need is a second TV.

We've got a second tv. I'm not buying two versions (NX and WiiU...plus the NX) of the same game. :heh:

This all hinges on what the NX is and how the Zelda game differs on both NX and WiiU. I think we'll go ballistic if there's a huge difference between the two versions. :o

Considering they're not using the Gamepad to avoid differences, I imagine graphics will be very similar.

If nx is powerful. I think it's pretty certain it'll get a graphical boost.

I'm also pleased they didn't show this game before now, the wait is going to be hard already, never mind if we saw it a year ago.... It's pretty much won all best of e3s who do them, I watched the whole stream on Tuesday, around 4 hours of gameplay, and it looked incredible. I'm not a big fan of open world games, was worried about this, but it looks just perfect.

This has definitely made it game of the show now;

[Tweet]743474491913703424[/tweet]

Considering they're not using the Gamepad to avoid differences, I imagine graphics will be very similar.

Will be disappointed if that's the case.

At a minimum the NX version should be 1080p native

More Zelda funnies:

[tweet]743045379906768896[/tweet]

2PDjiB5.gif

wRt0ATZ.gif

jf8y45N.gif

You can throw your weapon and use the magnet on it to fight enemies

0C6mcQS.gif

Edited by Ronnie

So, I couldn't watch any of the event while it was happening... But I'm pretty sure I would be sold on this game if it was Wind Waker on land. Thankfully, it's also a game where you can pull all sort of movement and attacks on your opponent. Very versatile stuff that allows us to explore the world at our own pace.

I started replaying Little Big Adventure (a 1994 game) precisely to recapture that feeling, and I'm glad Zelda is following it.

So yeah, I'm incredibly excited for this game.

I don't know if it's the GIF qualities or just the general nature but I do feel a little like when seeing them as if the game's sort of...'over-bloomed'? Like, I had the same issue with WWHD when I saw its pics/footage(and whilst playing) and realise that if I look closer at the detail(something I'm not 100% sure I'll do all the time whilst playing) that it looks almost that the bloom(is that the right word?? I'm such graphics/art noob) or brightness if not or whatever it is seems so dialed up that it excuses the lack of constant detail. Almost cartooning it up to account.

As I said I dunno if I'll notice it constantly whilst playing but I can see it being something that might come to annoy me - but that might be because most of what I'm seeing at the moment are screens or looped gifs rather than 1:1 footage capture.

It's just the capture/gif conversion. Personally I think it looks beautiful, and like Wind Waker will age a lot better than a more "realistic" style. I only posted the gifs to show how cool the action can be, or in the case of the second gif, how beautiful the world is.

So, I couldn't watch any of the event while it was happening... But I'm pretty sure I would be sold on this game if it was Wind Waker on land. Thankfully, it's also a game where you can pull all sort of movement and attacks on your opponent. Very versatile stuff that allows us to explore the world at our own pace.

I started replaying Little Big Adventure (a 1994 game) precisely to recapture that feeling, and I'm glad Zelda is following it.

So yeah, I'm incredibly excited for this game.

Just quoting to say I LOVE Little Big Adventure. One of my all time favourites.

It's just the capture/gif conversion. Personally I think it looks beautiful, and like Wind Waker will age a lot better than a more "realistic" style. I only posted the gifs to show how cool the action can be, or in the case of the second gif, how beautiful the world is.

Although WWHD was over-bloomed for sure. It was a shame because the game is amazing looking and it gave it a very (very) slight sight blight.

Just quoting to say I LOVE Little Big Adventure. One of my all time favourites.

I think it was Little Big Adventure 2 I played but yeah, great games.

I think it was Little Big Adventure 2 I played but yeah, great games.

Yes, they're both absolutely brilliant.

In fact, I believe I played them before owning a games console. I'd played on cousin's/friends consoles sporadically through childhood. We first got a PC when I was 7 and my best friend was obsessed with LBA, so I naturally took his advice and got them. They probably were probably the earliest games I completed start to finish.

I then got a Game Boy when I was 8 then an N64 when I was 9. They're a strong part of what made me a 'gamer', really. And they are in many ways precursors to 3D Zelda, so no wonder I went on to love Ocarina and Majora when I got an N64.

The trailer is now Nintendo's most watched YouTube video ever with 6.3 million views

I bet Nintendo wish they could release this as an NX only title and enjoy the hardware sales it would create. I'm sure a very large percentage of people will get it for Wii U.

I bet Nintendo wish they could release this as an NX only title and enjoy the hardware sales it would create. I'm sure a very large percentage of people will get it for Wii U.

Really, I think most people will get it for NX anyway. I think most Wii U owners are likely Nintendo fans who'll be getting nx, but I also think many gamers will buy a console just for Zelda, and most people will buy the nx with the best version on (maybe) rather than an old dead console.

They should do similar to Twilight Princess on Gamecube and release the Wii U version a month or two later. A bit dodgy but it would make the most business sense.

They need to somehow make the NX version definitive and hook all of us poor saps into buying a system and copy at launch.

They need to somehow make the NX version definitive and hook all of us poor saps into buying a system and copy at launch.

Exactly. Releasing a NX version which doesn't look to different from a wii u version would be an error.

This game somehow has to show the NX has a clear advantage over the wii u.