NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

There ARE Towns/villages, they said they can't talk about them as they're tied to story...

Thank god! I went for a crap, came back and read Kounan's post and thought "Nooooo", haha.

I can't wait to delve into this world, see all the races etc like you say Dazzybee.

However much I'm loving this new approach, I still want Gordon's, Zara's, side quests mini games...

Haha text book iPad dun goofery.

There ARE Towns/villages, they said they can't talk about them as they're tied to story.

However much I'm loving this new approach, I still want Gordon's, Zara's, side quests mini games...

Can't wait to see the Gordon's and Zara's either man. Your auto corrects are always so good.

Looking at the Stasis Shrine, it looks like the skill level of these dungeons are pretty high, esp without the hand-holding "you are 20% likely to screw up".

I might switch off at this point, we've already seen so much, maybe too much

I switched it off after the first bit. I could have easily watched more but I would rather find out things by myself.

I might switch off at this point, we've already seen so much, maybe too much

For me as long as the story and major locations aren't revealed its ok.

I've barely had time to watch much, but what I've seen I really like

I switched it off after the first bit. I could have easily watched more but I would rather find out things by myself.

Indeed. I'm honestly surprised people are still watching. The game looks to be about exploration and a sense of discovery. I would rather it stays like that for me.

They could do with making the stamina gauge drain a little slower when sprinting. Link can hardly shift at all because of it!

They could do with making the stamina gauge drain a little slower when sprinting. Link can hardly shift at all because of it!

I'm thinking it will be redundant once you get to snag a horse or other animals.

I am a bit concerned that the things you can do still feel slightly scripted rather than relying on a physics engine.

It would be cool if you could set alight to a whole forest by being careless with flames or move tens of boulders to the top of a hill and knock them all off to create an avalanche style effect.

As it is I still cannot shake the feeling that there are specific locations for this sort of thing.

I would also like to have to build the raft from chopping down trees....

This game is basically the complete opposite of Skyward Sword in its design. Naturally this makes it awesome.

Still cant get over the awakening scene. Damn.

Indeed. I'm honestly surprised people are still watching. The game looks to be about exploration and a sense of discovery. I would rather it stays like that for me.

I thought we all knew this is what was going to be shown??? Its really the only thing Nintendo fans can enjoy at E3, so I would prefer to embrace it.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

I thought we all knew this is what was going to be shown??? Its really the only thing Nintendo fans can enjoy at E3, so I would prefer to embrace it.

We did. Doesn't mean I have to watch it.

All I wanted was a trailer and that's what I got. I stuck around for the first segment and seen enough to see how the game is progressing.

I've only just managed to tear myself away from the treehouse stream, needless to say my mind has been well and truly blown. :o

Not been this excited for a Nintendo game in a long time, and it feels really great to have this kind of anticipation for one of their titles again. :)

Up until now I really did think they were crazy to attend E3 with basically 1 game, but the last few hours have clearly shown why they had the confidence to do just that, Zelda Breath of the Wild is absolutely incredible!

It appears to be the perfect blend of elements from every other Zelda game, combined with a multitude of interesting new ideas and gameplay mechanics, all brought together with the most beautiful presentation.

It genuinely is like the artwork from the NES original come to life! :love:

Based on what I've seen tonight I honestly believe this will be one of the greatest games Nintendo ever produce, and almost certainly the best in the Zelda series.

The wait for this game is going to be brutal. :shakehead

Yeah, I didn't want ended up watching the whole stream, the way they've done it I act7ally don't think too much is being revealed, and by next March I'd have forgotten anyway. Some unknowns mean there's somethings that could be a worry, but ultimately it all looks just ridiculous good, ridiculous. And @Hero\-of\-Time I go into detail, but there is some serious serious Monster Hunter stuff going on here :)

I can't stop myself watching this stuff. Looks so good.

I like that they've clearly taken influence from open world games like 'Skyrim' and 'The Witcher 3', and have taken inspiration from games like 'Ico' and 'Shadow Of The Colossus' but have still put their own Nintendo twist on it.

In some ways it's a shame that they've gone open world and made it so different to other Zelda games because they can't really release a more linear console Zelda ever again. Raising the bar for themselves.

I would love a Loftwing in this game to soar those skies!

Raising the bar indeed!

Yeah, I didn't want ended up watching the whole stream, the way they've done it I act7ally don't think too much is being revealed, and by next March I'd have forgotten anyway. Some unknowns mean there's somethings that could be a worry, but ultimately it all looks just ridiculous good, ridiculous. And @Hero\-of\-Time I go into detail, but there is some serious serious Monster Hunter stuff going on here :)
Yeah, it's good they're not really revealing any story elements at all, and just focused on the stuff you'll be doing in the overworld.

With my memory I'll definitely have forgotten most of it by the time the game comes out. :grin:

Spot-on about that Monster Hunter vibe too. ;)

*EDIT*

One thing I am slightly annoyed about is that I now need to buy the TP remaster/amiibo. :hehe:

Or perhaps you can just use the Wolf Link amiibo in Breath of the Wild without any TP data saved on it? :hmm:

Edited by RedShell