NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (16th Jan)

Cheers for the mention, I just happened to be checking my inbox at the right time, so nabbed it then came straight here to spread the word just in case. :)

The e-mails were sent out five minutes ago so hopefully there will be plenty of time for people to pre-order this one. :D

Dang that looks nice, I'll probably have to wait for payday though so I hope they have plenty of stock

For those wanting just the base game, Shopto have it for preorder for £33. It's only £31 if you are a gold member.

Very positive impressions for the game:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/hands-on-preview/42628/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-wii-u-hands-on-preview

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE looks beautiful in motion and a pure sight to behold. It is one of the Wii U's most colorful games, if not the most colorful. The characters, world and dungeons all have a clean and crisp design that really stands out among the Wii U's greats. There are even animated cutscenes now and again that up the ante even more and make me not want to stop playing. The Japanese voice acting is, next to this, top notch. I understand why Nintendo and Atlus didn't want to change the dymanics of this game, considering the music and voices are connected with one another. The subtitles are on point at least and they don't step away from the game's general meaning. There are localisation changes when it comes to costumes and a certain part in chapter two so far, but that is about it. The music is also deserving of big praise. While I can talk about J-Pop songs for a quite a while longer, things like the themes in the streets and battles are equally impressive. Sadly, these can't be heard on any soundtrack of the game, which is sort of a shame.

Getting much more hyped for the game after reading that. :smile:

Seems like the DLC has been announced:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/nintendo_confirms_its_dlc_plans_for_tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe

I guess that the people who have pre-ordered the Fortissimo Edition get the downloads included, but I am not sure it is all of it.

Nintendo Store suggests:

...and an extra content download code.

The original image advertising the pack has:

DLC Download Codes

So I am hopeful it will be all of it (based on that plural right there).

The description of the American Special Edition:

"When the Wii U game launches on June 24, it will also launch with a one-of-a-kind special edition available at GameStop and Amazon.com. The special edition contains the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE game, a 5x8 color artbook, a six-song soundtrack CD featuring some of the game’s awesome music, six song cards and a sticker sheet at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The bundle will also contain DLC codes for all five sets of planned downloadable content. Releasing at launch, the five DLC packs contain additional quests or costumes, and will cost $1.99 each if purchased separately outside of the special edition."

Considering the other contents are identical to our Fortissimo Edition, I'd assume it's the same for the DLC.

Seems like a relatively generous special edition then. Cool.

Oh, absolutely. ~$10 worth of DLC, plus the CD, lyric cards, stickers and the 90-100 page artbook (assuming it's like the one Japan got - probably minus a few pages that were dedicated to Japan-only products) is definitely more than worth the £15 extra. :grin:

NoA has started a series of in-universe (well, kinda) trailers/starter's guide videos. Here's the first episode of Now in Session:

I'm glad to see that the game will be getting quite a lot more marketing than I expected.

Also, the wonderful intro video from the game was uploaded to Nintendo Germany's youtube channel:

Just five weeks to go! Anyone else as hyped as me?! If that's even possible, that is... :D

EDIT:

Another video from Nintendo Germany, this time the music video for Tsubasa's "Feel"!

Edited by FireMeowth

Another trailer, another bump.. :heh:

This time we have Europe's story trailer, which thankfully doesn't have quite as major spoilers as NoA's "First Beats" video.

We've almost only got three weeks to go now...! :D

(I also edited in the Feel music video that Nintendo Germany uploaded last week in the previous post, for those that didn't catch it.)

EDIT:

And as we hit the three-week mark, here's the second episode of DJ MasterSeal's Now in Session!

EDIT2:

And Nintendo Germany posted another video, too! The music video for Kiria's "Reincarnation"!

Edited by FireMeowth

So this is out this week then!

Time has flown - and I have not even completed Fates yet!

No word from the Nintendo UK store yet though.

I was not aware this was out this week!?! really?

Yeah, I feel the same way, it just kinda snuck up on most people.

I think I'll take the plunge on this one, I'm craving an RPG and this game seems worth a punt just for the sheer silliness factor.

I mean, it's...

What is this? I'm still not 100% sure about that.

Anime pop RPG that features an even more feminine Marth? Because apparently that was somehow possible.

Yep, it's just four days away! I almost can't believe it's so close... :D

And I just realized I forgot to post the E3 videos, so here you go:

SPOILER WARNING as usual, of course - especially for the second video.

EDIT:

I even forgot to post the character trailers?! Let's fix that...

Yeah, I feel the same way, it just kinda snuck up on most people.

Lucky you - the wait has been killing me... I've been counting the days for sooo many weeks ahahahaaaa...

Edited by FireMeowth

My special edition has shipped from the Nintendo UK Store. :)

@Ike, perhaps we could get a thread name change?

Hoping my copy will be sent out today from The Game Collection. They are usually pretty good at getting preorders out early.

Shopto shipped my order yesterday, so there's a good chance it will be waiting for me when I get home from work.

I'm still confused as hell in terms of what is actually going on in the game but i'm willing to give it a shot.

Shopto shipped my order yesterday, so there's a good chance it will be waiting for me when I get home from work.

I'm still confused as hell in terms of what is actually going on in the game but i'm willing to give it a shot.

Was it you who didnt like the Persona games?

Was it you who didnt like the Persona games?

You say that as if it's a crime. :p Yeah, I couldn't get into Persona. I did enjoy Dancing All Night on the Vita though. :D

You say that as if it's a crime. :p Yeah, I couldn't get into Persona. I did enjoy Dancing All Night on the Vita though. :D

Oh it definitely is a crime :p

Just surprised you are getting this then as it seems much closer to a Persona game.

Oh it definitely is a crime :p

Just surprised you are getting this then as it seems much closer to a Persona game.

As long as the game doesn't start at a glacial pace ( like Persona 4 did ) then everything should be fine.

Get those pre-orders in! Had a wonderful time with this game, definitely one of the best games in the Wii U's wee little library.

N-Europe Review

content-2-34833-tokyomiragesessions.jpg

Edited by Nicktendo