NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

It seems some of the original Xbox games that will be announced tonight have been leaked. The list is:

• Morrowind
  • Destroy All Humans
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • MX Unleashed

Pretty shoddy list if that's all there is, although I did love FSW back in the day. They need all those Sega games to be made available!

4 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Shoddy list? I lurv me some Morrowind. 

It's a western rpg so I have an immediate dislike of it. :D 

As luck would have it, I'm pretty sure I picked up a copy of Destroy All Humans in with a lot of Xbox games, so that's another title I can play. :D

I might see about grabbing a copy of Morrowind before the price goes sky high.

As for Sega games, I pretty much picked up most of the Sega games on the machine that I'll ever need, at least twelve so far, so I'd love for those to be added. :)

It feels odd to be speculatively buying Xbox Original titles, just in case they are made backwards compatible for the Xbox One but I do like the concept of being able to play them. :peace:

Otogi and Otogi 2 next please! ;)

Well, it turns out that list was only a taste of what is coming to the original Xbox backwards compatible program. Here is the full list and i've highlighted the ones i'm looking forward to.

Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:

• Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3

Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:

• Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Republic Commando

In addition to those, the Xbox One X got a bunch of games added to the 4K upgrade list.

• Sonic Generations
  • Gears of War 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Portal 2
  • Darksiders
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed

DadTMw4U8AABegh.jpg:large

27505658148_189d67d7c2_o.png

328c1814-246d-4913-a9nhunx.png

NWBoRiwN7jQR6blD5cdg54bWkK5aHw=

e1f4644b-4a1e-44aa-8a28-546793dbbc66.PNG

0c135250-f55f-43be-8f37-9fb541e27491.PNG

4-10-2018_7-16-31_pmj0sp0.png

kFhxEHAj0IenId0TKhAg2yQO2gwW2acArVHHlk=

njEDMPrVyr%2BMPQ=

4-10-2018_7-23-05_pm0csnm.png

4-10-2018_8-26-48_pmxlso6.png

Yeah, i'm gonna have to go pick up a Xbox One X very soon. Their backwards compatibility effort is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Their backwards compatibility effort is amazing.

Indeed. Sony really has to catch up in that regard. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a similar system with the PS5 (use PS3 discs to download these games). I wouldn't give a shit if they "stole Microsoft's system" and the internet melts down in another console war :D

• Like 1

While that's not impossible, it seems unlikely. They're focusing on PS Now as a way to play old games (which works brilliantly for me). The problem is that Sony has moved away from the PS2/PS3 architecture to a whole new setup that makes emulation tricky.

I've just been reading that Xbox One's 4k Blu-Ray capabilities are super-butt compared to a much cheaper standalone BR player, so maybe this system's not on the horizon for me after all. Although I have never played almost any of the games HoT highlighted (just Kotor 2)...

4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

While that's not impossible, it seems unlikely. They're focusing on PS Now as a way to play old games (which works brilliantly for me).

Is it that successful? I remember reading that it's not making a lot of money, but maybe I got that wrong.

I hate PS Now, mainly because I can't afford a fast internet connection as it's still quite expensive to get in the area where I live (if at all).

I don't think it's doing amazingly no, I've no reference for that though except probably reading the same thing you did in the past. It works very well though, that's all I can say. Instantly playing games feels like a glimpse of the future of gaming.

I like PS Now. It has worked pretty well on my internet connection and it's allowed me to play through quite a few games that I didn't get to try last generation or the one before, like Ico, Tokyo Jungle, Arkham Asylum, etc. I already stream music through Spotify and I already stream television and films through Netflix...so why not stream videogames? The technology is there and it worked really well when I tried it.

The limiting factors for me are the selection of games available and, of course, the cost. It's another thing to pay for. If it could somehow be integrated into PS+, then I'd be delighted. Also, the selection of games needs to grow. I'd like to try original Playstation games and maybe a few more PS2 games, too. I think it'll go down this route.

The Microsoft approach is interesting and I like their solution to BC. The issue for me and the reason I won't pick one up, however, is that I've already got a PS4 for the multiplatform games and I don't feel enticed enough by the exclusives to fork out a lot of money on new hardware. There isn't enough there to make me want to ditch the PS4 and it's too expensive to sit alongside it to be used sporadically. With that money, I could just buy a whole lot of other stuff, including more games.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I've just been reading that Xbox One's 4k Blu-Ray capabilities are super-butt compared to a much cheaper standalone BR player, so maybe this system's not on the horizon for me after all. Although I have never played almost any of the games HoT highlighted (just Kotor 2)...

I suppose I’m not the best for anecdotal Blu-ray viewing opinions but I honestly think the Xbone did just fine with 4K. Blade Runner 2049 was fucking beautiful, and Watchmen was also quite good looking. I didn’t rebuy Fury Road though, and that’s the extent of my 4kBluray experience. 

Now on to the other thing you mentioned...@Hero-of-Time, you bolded Jade Empire and Kotor 2....don’t those earn your immediate ire on account of being western RPGs?

Anywho I’ve thought about this just the other morning, and it’s not OG Xbox but it does fall under BC. I would really enjoy the FEAR games being made available for BC. Or even remastered into a triple pack budget release. They were all fairly competent and fun games and hell the original even still holds up graphically in some ways. 

Sweet, out of those Xbox Original games, the notable top three I already have and want to play or play again are...

Breakdown - A first-person, sci-fi/horror title featuring seemingly in-depth combat and an intruiging storyline, it's a Pal copy, European language, office sample from Namco purchased in a lot of Xbox games and I've been waiting to play it. :D

Conker: Live & Reloaded - Firstly, if you've never played Conker's Bad Fur Day then... what's wrong with you? Secondly, if you've never played this remake then... well I can understand because the multiplayer is completely different but the single player mode had completely redone textures etc and it looked amazing back in the day, but through Xbox One BC with further possible resolution upgrades? It's a must purchase digitally if you either don't own Rare Replay (again why you wouldn't if you own an Xbox One is beyond me) which has the original or if you don't own the Xbox disc for this version. :blank: (Yes I like Rare, Yes I'm a biased Conker fan, Yes I have two Conker plushes in my Rare collection... what of it?) :p 

Panzer Dragoon Orta - It has been too long! :cry:Finally! I'll get to play one of my favourite Xbox games of all time from one of my favourite series of all time, hopefully this time in non-glitched form! Because of the poor handling of BC on the Xbox 360, I have not properly played this amazing game since it originally came out on the Xbox *looks longingly at the back of the box of the original game* in 2003! The game is an impressive on-rails shooter with the difference being that you can fire in any direction in 360 degrees, it also has Dragons in it, sublime graphics which are timeless thanks to its art-style, a stunning soundtrack and quite challenging gameplay. Please play this is you have any interest at all in the Panzer Dragoon series. :smile:

Obviously honourable mentions go to most of those Star Wars titles (Kotor 1&2 especially) plus Destroy All Humans and pretty much every other title which @Hero-of-Time highlighted above.

Today is a good day for games. :peace:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Now on to the other thing you mentioned...@Hero-of-Time, you bolded Jade Empire and Kotor 2....don’t those earn your immediate ire on account of being western RPGs?

BioWare are clearly the exception. :p 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

601.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's not how you spell CD Projekt Red!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

That's not how you spell CD Projekt Red!

I still haven't played a single one of their games.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I still haven't played a single one of their games.

You only need to play one. :)

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

You only need to play one. :)

I've had it on my shelf for nearly 2 years now. I doubt it will ever get played. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had it on my shelf for nearly 2 years now. I doubt it will ever get played. 

giphy.gif

You're dead to me. :p

Edited by drahkon

Fuck me we've had more than the standard one post in a month in here! 

I'm very excited for 4k Sonic Generations! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Fuck me we've had more than the standard one post in a month in here! 

I'm very excited for 4k Sonic Generations! 

Correction, we’ve had positive posts! With exception of HoTs lack of playing The Witcher....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All I will say to anyone taking a look at getting an Xbox One X is really think about the exclusives and if you'd be interested in them. The backwards compatibility stuff is great but the novelty wears off pretty quickly and then you are left with a console that has a lackluster amount of exclusive games and a UI that is one of the worst in gaming. Yes you would get the graphical and power upgrade that the X provides but at least for me, I found that if the other games aren't there either then I never cared enough to stop buying multiformat stuff on PS4 or PC.

I know I complain about it a lot but I've given it multiple tries and am left disappointed everytime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

All I will say to anyone taking a look at getting an Xbox One X is really think about the exclusives and if you'd be interested in them. The backwards compatibility stuff is great but the novelty wears off pretty quickly and then you are left with a console that has a lackluster amount of exclusive games and a UI that is one of the worst in gaming. Yes you would get the graphical and power upgrade that the X provides but at least for me, I found that if the other games aren't there either then I never cared enough to stop buying multiformat stuff on PS4 or PC.

I know I complain about it a lot but I've given it multiple tries and am left disappointed everytime.

I've had 3 and each time I disappointed with it. While the new exclusives aren't there, the backwards compatibility stuff is a big draw for me. Being able to play the likes of Full Spectrum Warrior, KOTOR 1&2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Conker, Jedi Academy etc on a HDTV without any extra hardware is a great incentive. There's also the 360 backwards compatibility to think about and how a lot of these games are getting visual upgrades. Honestly, this is the kind of thing I want to see across the board. 1 console being able to play a massive library of games from across all generations. As much as I dislike the One, especially its UI, there's no denying that they are the only ones who have got it right when it comes to preserving their back catalogue.

• Thanks 1