NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Has anyone picked up the Xbox One Elite Controller? I'm very interested but it is completely sold out right now and going for £165 on eBay!

I'm not sure what the appeal is. Does it really allow you to be that much better at pwning n00bs??

I'm not sure what the appeal is. Does it really allow you to be that much better at pwning n00bs??

The big thing is you can access all the buttons without having to take your hands off the joysticks, meaning that you can aim and jump, aim and beat down etc. The build quality is also meant to be far better, the d-pad is better and there are 3 options to the joystick.

@Ike mentioned he picked it up on the previous page, apart from that...I don't know anyone digitally or in real life who has!

If I had that sort of money I'd be on it in a heart beat, looks tremendous and as you say, @Charlie, better build design etc. Not that there's anything wrong with the current controller, I think it's brilliant, but I'm a sucker for shiny new toys ;)

Speaking of which, looking forward to the updated dash board tomorrow, hopefully makes it smoother although, again, I've got no problem with the current set up as it's easy to use and everything is where I want it to be. Still, happy to see them continually trying to improve things, the benefit of having to play catch up on your competition!

Speaking of which, looking forward to the updated dash board tomorrow, hopefully makes it smoother although, again, I've got no problem with the current set up as it's easy to use and everything is where I want it to be. Still, happy to see them continually trying to improve things, the benefit of having to play catch up on your competition!

I'd forgotten the new dashboard came out today. Was playing this morning before work and nothing as of yet. I just hope that joining parties is quicker and can be done in the background without having to essentially be afk whilst playing a game! Not good when playing online!

I'd forgotten the new dashboard came out today. Was playing this morning before work and nothing as of yet. I just hope that joining parties is quicker and can be done in the background without having to essentially be afk whilst playing a game! Not good when playing online!

It went live at 8am from what I understand, so you may have just missed it, although I did have to go into system settings to start it going myself.

I like it, the verticality is nice as well as going side to side, and the controller short cuts are easy to use too. If you double tap the home menu it brings up the sidebar where you can sign in, start parties, see friends list any time you want to, in game or not.

My only disappointment is that backwards compatibility isn't available til 8pm tonight! So I'll have to start downloading all the games from XBLA and what not tomorrow morning :)

It went live at 8am from what I understand, so you may have just missed it, although I did have to go into system settings to start it going myself.

I like it, the verticality is nice as well as going side to side, and the controller short cuts are easy to use too. If you double tap the home menu it brings up the sidebar where you can sign in, start parties, see friends list any time you want to, in game or not.

My only disappointment is that backwards compatibility isn't available til 8pm tonight! So I'll have to start downloading all the games from XBLA and what not tomorrow morning :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Tried to download it as soon as I got in from work but it didn't appear to be there. I then went to settings, as you suggested, and downloaded it manually.

Looking forward to seeing how it is/runs. I hated the old setup, so this can't be any worse.....can it?

Thanks for the heads up.

Tried to download it as soon as I got in from work but it didn't appear to be there. I then went to settings, as you suggested, and downloaded it manually.

Looking forward to seeing how it is/runs. I hated the old setup, so this can't be any worse.....can it?

Yeah I expected it to prompt me but nothing had happened, old fashioned way is the best!

Be interested to hear your thoughts, as someone who didn't have any problems with the previous set up, I certainly like the style a lot more and how everything is layed out!

But I'm not fussy, as long as it plays games...

Played around with the new dashboard last night. Not bad but still not great. I like how by pressing left you get a little tab with stuff on. I hate how long it takes to look at achievements, though. I much prefer the 360 setup of just pressing the middle button and having everything on there.

It was nice to see all the available games for backwards compatibility that I own just show up in my games and apps. That was a nice tough. I thought I would have to search for them all manually. :D

Played around with the new dashboard last night. Not bad but still not great. I like how by pressing left you get a little tab with stuff on. I hate how long it takes to look at achievements, though. I much prefer the 360 setup of just pressing the middle button and having everything on there.

It was nice to see all the available games for backwards compatibility that I own just show up in my games and apps. That was a nice tough. I thought I would have to search for them all manually. :D

Did the Gears of War games turn up on your install list automatically?

Nothing on mine and when I find the games in store, just says is part of 'bundle only'. Thought we got to download those ASAP for buying the Ultimate Edition, not sure if it's timed instead though.

Edit: forget that, it is timed, starting from 1st December! Apparently upgraded visuals exclusively for Ultimate Edition owners too, didn't realise that!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

Did the Gears of War games turn up on your install list automatically?

Nothing on mine and when I find the games in store, just says is part of 'bundle only'. Thought we got to download those ASAP for buying the Ultimate Edition, not sure if it's timed instead though.

Edit: forget that, it is timed, starting from 1st December! Apparently upgraded visuals exclusively for Ultimate Edition owners too, didn't realise that!

Yeah, you have to wait until December. If you have the game discs though you can install and play them now, though.

This is my biggest problem with the dashboard don't understand why achievements can't sit in that first tier of the side menu after friends and stuff do easier access...

I still hate also how B on the dashboard has odd behaviour. To be perfectly honest it feels more like a reskin than a actual new OS...the performance improvements are more as a result of the features they have removed.

I like the new dashboard, it seems quicker now at least though I would like the ability to customise things a bit more but it's perfectly usable.

What I was more impressed with was the fact that all of the backwards compatible available games were just there, waiting to be installed, so I went with Zuma to test and not only did it work, was quicker but it seemed to have my original save present as well... how does that work?

I was under the assumption that I would need to physically add all my saves to the cloud if I wanted to do that, so is it the case that Microsoft has moved all the available files on my behalf or that some games just go off the ahievements that you already have or something else as I'm genuinely curious about this; does anyone know? :)

Must be more than just achievements, I'm assuming it's remembered the level you're up to, scores etc.. Maybe because it's a Windows Game too, it automatically saves to the cloud for cross platform play?

If a deal comes up over Christmas for a bundle with Tomb Raider and Halo, I wonder if I'll be able to resist...

Does anyone know if one Xbox live gold membership can be used across the 360 and the One? Or do you need to pay twice?

Ah coolio. That does make sense, but i wondered if there was some weird thing which meant they wouldn't let you share a subscription across devices.

Ah coolio. That does make sense, but i wondered if there was some weird thing which meant they wouldn't let you share a subscription across devices.

Your membership is linked to your account so you can even log into someone else's Xbox who doesn't have Live and use the Live benefits there.

For anyone interested, my company is organising a Forza 6 event in London where you'll be able to compete against professional racers Bruno Senna and Nico Prost. The whole event will be live streamed too :)

I am guessing the one is dead on this forum but there has been major news regarding the future of Xbox.

And that news is?

Nicked from Gaf.

In a speech to reporters, he said that the Xbox One could see a future in which it is upgraded, rather than replaced by new consoles. Spencer was talking about how Microsoft has sought to align its Windows 10 and Xbox One development activities under the internal "Universal Windows Platform" while offering backwards compatibility for many Xbox 360 games, now playable on Xbox One. He was addressing the concerns of some Xbox One owners that the exclusives destined for that console are appearing on PC, thus eroding the value of owning a console.

..."When you look at the console space, I believe we will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we've ever seen. You'll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible because we have a Universal Windows Application running on top of the Universal Windows Platform that allows us to focus more and more on hardware innovation without invalidating the games that run on that platform."

“In other [consumer technology] ecosystems you get more continuous innovation in hardware that you rarely see in consoles because consoles lock the hardware and software platforms together at the beginning and they ride the generation out for seven or so,” said Spencer. “We’re allowing ourselves to decouple our software platform from the hardware platform on which it runs.”

What this could mean is that the Xbox One becomes more like a PC, with Microsoft releasing updated versions every year or so with more powerful processors and graphics hardware. And, in theory, because games will be written as UWAs, older titles will remain compatible with the new machines.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Sunset Overdrive on games with gold in April, from the 16th I believe!

Never got round to picking it up when it was released despite keeping a keen eye on it, looking forward to getting the chance to play it now! :)

Edit: well @Hero\-of\-Time beat me to it, although it was tucked away in the PlayStation thread :p

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

I've been absent for so long guess we should get this thread up and going again!