NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Dazzy is right. But I'm finding it hard to complain about multiplayer being put behind something I need absolutely no convincing to buy in the first place. Hell, I feel it should cost more.

At least you can still watch Netflix without Plus.

Yeah, that is weird that MS don't let you do that. Also, plus is infinitely better than live as well. How embarrassing was it that MS have copied the idea and their FLAGSHIP titles were Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3?! Then Sony announce a PS4 launch title as a day one download on theirs? Brilliant :)

Yeah, super happy about Drive Club. From my point of view I get a PS4 bundled with a free game.

@dazzybee, like you I was a little underwhelmed by the look of the box. But I think that was just down to the video feed. Just seen some press shots and it looks nice :)

ps4.jpg

2495966-9012525558_3f9d16e279_keee.jpg

901252505022e7a363b7z.jpg

ps4press5.jpg

I think it looks absolutely awesome. Is that blue strip a light?

Personally I didn't want a next gen console because I have a gaming PC that fits my needs but the PS4 is almost too good to pass up and I actually pay for ps+ already. If the games are brought, I will buy.

- the DRM, price etc etc YES it was amaizng to hear, but ONLY because of microsoft and people feared sony would follow suit. £350 is about right, not great, just right. The DRM issue shouldn't be celebrated, it should just be the way it is. Actually think it being region free is bigger news!!

I think your getting a hell a lot of grunt for 350 quid, the rrp on the dual shock controller is 50 quid on it's own, so let's say your getting a PS4 for 300 quid. I think its very good.

Yeah, super happy about Drive Club. From my point of view I get a PS4 bundled with a free game.

Must be, look how in the shot of the back of the box the strip is grey.

Hm, controllers at 59€ (probably). Fuck that's expensive.

So no local multiplayer games for me for some time, unless my mates get a PS4, too.

Edit:

Don't know if it's been posted:

You can upgrade PS4's HDD

lPTwl0B.gif

Edited by drahkon

Hm, controllers at 59€ (probably). Fuck that's expensive.

So no local multiplayer games for me for some time, unless my mates get a PS4, too.

Edit:

Don't know if it's been posted:

You can upgrade PS4's HDD

HDD upgrade news is fantastic! Also means we can use SSD for PS4. This is good news. I am so happy its like the PS3 :)

No idea why MS and Nintendo are going USB externals. You will never beat a SATA600 interface.

Looks like it. The front are buttons. HDD cage is below presumably. I like how the design is focused on being different as opposed to the Xbone which is to fit in. Even though both are black boxes.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

What I don't understand is, how can developers develop games for the XboxOne?

Are they blinded by the money Microsoft seems to be giving them for exclusivity? Didn't they realize how the XboxOne has a huuuuge problem with all that allways-online DRM crap?

What I don't understand is, how can developers develop games for the XboxOne?

Are they blinded by the money Microsoft seems to be giving them for exclusivity? Didn't they realize how the XboxOne has a huuuuge problem with all that allways-online DRM crap?

They'll be more than happy to develop for the Xbone because of the DRM stuff, I'm more surprised they are not walking away from the PS4 to be honest.

They'll be more than happy to develop for the Xbone because of the DRM stuff, I'm more surprised they are not walking away from the PS4 to be honest.

Well, maybe I just don't understand how money flows in the industry.

I thought that selling more games on a console that seems to be selling a lot more in the future will make more money than developing for a console that restricts selling of used games.

lPTwl0B.gif

that gif is all kinds of wrong and not because of its graphic content! without going into spoilers for Game of Thrones.....oh god how can i explain how poor a choice that is without GOT spoilers for people?

Catelyn isn't dead.....they dump her cold dead corpse in the river, it floats down stream where the brotherhood without banners find it, and lord Beric (the guy who we've seen come back from the dead) sacrifices his own life and revives Catelyn who renames her self Lady Stoneheart and wages a war of vengeance on anyone she's perceived to have done her wrong

so in this example it could suggest xbone rises from the grave and murders sony

Infamous

Watch Dogs

The Crew

Destiny

Mirrors Edge 2

The Division

Battlefield

Going to be an incredible (and expensive!) 12 months!!:awesome:

The Crew

? which one was that? the tecnho 1886 london one? it thought that was The Order

Since almost everybody will get PS+ now to play online, I wonder if the instant game collection offerings won't be quite so good...

That was my immediate concern too. Sure they're launching with a bang with Drive Club, but I can't see the service being anywhere near as comprehensive as it was on the PS3. I know it's conjecture at this point but I'm guessing those indie games will be the 'free' game' at the end of three different months. Fuck that. Plus might fade away.

Niggles aside, it was a good showing. I'm still holding out for that next big IP.

I still don't have a problem with online play being part of PS+.

But that's good to hear.

Infamous

Watch Dogs

The Crew

Destiny

Mirrors Edge 2

The Division

Battlefield

Going to be an incredible (and expensive!) 12 months!!:awesome:

Mirror's Edge 2 release date is "when it's ready", I wouldn't count on that coming within the first year of the console's lifespan.

This is an entertaining read, E3 2013: Sony press conference review.

Great read that. Didn't know about ps3 games in the gaikai cloud. Won't even need my ps3 then, and as my saves are in the cloud too, if I can get my current library on the ps4 then...fuck im getting a ps4.

Plus, if I can play with my accounts for Planetside 2 and Warframe on my ps4....yeah a little jizz came out.

EDIT: I wonder if Phantasy Star Online will come to PS4 too....

Edited by Deathjam

It looks like a desktop in-tray from Staples, i hate it.

At this point the only thing the Xbone has going for it is its looks. And Halo 5.

I think the Wii U is EASILY the best looking console. I actually prefer the look of the xbox to the ps4, but it's size knocks it back a hell of a lot. I think the ps4 is one of the worst looking consoles I've ever seen. But I don't really care what they look like

Yeah if i do get a PS4, i'm probably going to have to hide it...or perhaps disguise it as an in-tray.