NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I think it has reduced cars and tracks, you can then 'upgrade' to the full version i think, pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Yeah its a special plus edition. Jack Tretton confirmed its because they wanted plus at launch for PS4 rather than wait several months. I think 3 smaller games were also included. Full games come to PS4 later.

So you would never play Wii Super Mario Bros U because you need to buy extra controllers?

So you would never play Wii Super Mario Bros U because you need to buy extra controllers?

Extra controllers are different. You don't already pay a subscription a month to be able to own the controllers before you buy them.]

With this, you have to pay for internet in your home, and then internet in your console.

I don't want the games that they're giving me that I would never have bought anyway or already own.

I want to play the games I like without having to pay extra charges to get games I don't like and to be able to fully experience the games I've already paid for.

Even if there's only one or two games in a 12 month period that you like included in Plus, the £30 is paid off. You'd have to be amazingly critical of gaming in general to not like at least 2 of the games included in Plus.

Even if there's only one or two games in a 12 month period that you like included in Plus, the is paid off. You'd have to be amazingly critical of gaming in general to not like at least 2 of the games included in Plus.

It's not a matter of liking them. It's about being basically forced to "buy" them when I don't want them.

With this, you have to pay for internet in your home, and then internet in your console.

I pay for the internet. Why can't I have unlimited online storage without paying more?

Hilarious, love it. The full 12 minute Dark Sorceror tech demo.

It's not a matter of liking them. It's about being basically forced to "buy" them when I don't want them.

I agree with you. There should not be any barrier to going online. As it currently stands certain types of games such as Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online wont require PS Plus. But I would wait for more clarity on that as SOE arent even sure though Yoshida seemed to be.

On its own, PS Plus is killer value for money. You'd be crazy to not have it. Prior to the online gaming announcement most people here would probably have recommended PS plus as your first purchase on a PS system anyhow. That is essentially how Sony got people to accept this. There is tons of value in Plus. Its definitely an easy sell compared to Live gold.

I pay for the internet. Why can't I have unlimited online storage without paying more?

You know there's a difference. Steam doesn't charge you for multiplayer, Google doesn't charge you to send emails. Sure anyone can charge for it but with so many other places not charging, it's going to be annoying.

You know there's a difference. Steam doesn't charge you for multiplayer, Google doesn't charge you to send emails. Sure anyone can charge for it but with so many other places not charging, it's going to be annoying.

Google do charge for emails, in the form form of advertising.

Google do charge for emails, in the form form of advertising.

Which is better. To give the people the choice. To either pay or deal with advertising.

Also, Google is giving Developers access to their server power for multiplayer games and push notifications which means people can get it for free.

Interestingly, this means that both the PS4 and Wii U have similar coloured blue boxes, where the Xbox One has dark green cases; making the divide even clearer. ;)

I know it wasn't planned like that but it's a good thing.

Interestingly, this means that both the PS4 and Wii U have similar coloured blue boxes, where the Xbox One has dark green cases; making the divide even clearer. ;)

I know it wasn't planned like that but it's a good thing.

I think the PS4 ones are like blu rays. Translucent.

Which is better. To give the people the choice. To either pay or deal with advertising.

Also, Google is giving Developers access to their server power for multiplayer games and push notifications which means people can get it for free.

You have a choice; PS4 or PC.

A nice article about the pricing - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22868787

Suggesting they are charging higher because they can... similar to what I said previously.

Given our average wage in the UK is higher than in the US, an additional cost of £36 for the PS4 here (as the article suggests) seems rather trivial.

Edited by Sheikah

You have a choice; PS4 or PC.

Given our average wage in the UK is higher than in the US, an additional cost of for the PS4 here (as the article suggests) seems rather trivial.

That's very true. With the way things are going I may very well move to PC. Although I'd have to spend a lot more to have a good gaming PC wouldn't I?

Dont forget the cost of your privacy.

Advertising is something not everyone will agree with. See Apple/Steve Jobs. Google may with Android. Afterall advertising is their bread and butter. Even then Google know when to dial back on advertising compared to say Yahoo or MS. Its much more complex thanks hat you are implying.

Edited by Choze

Has there been anything official about how much do these PS4 and XBONE games cost. I've only read about console prices, but what about games?

I was just thinking that, as ever since PS1 era, game prices have gone up on just about every generation there is. Will the prices go up by 10€ per game this time too?

Has there been anything official about how much do these PS4 and XBONE games cost. I've only read about console prices, but what about games?

I was just thinking that, as ever since PS1 era, game prices have gone up on just about every generation there is. Will the prices go up by 10€ per game this time too?

No idea, amazon are lsiting them at £55 at the mo. If you had an N64 prices have in fact actually gone down, Who remembers paying £70+ for turok!!! :bouncy:

ShopTo.net are listing prices as "TBC" until they get an official price.

ITT: massive hypocrisy regarding paying to play online.

Oh for God's sake. Unlike you, not one person here thinks it's fine/a good thing to pay to play online. I've already stated why most people here aren't that bothered; they're not affected in the slightest because they already have Plus subscriptions.