NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

You got it? Is it any good?

Never played an Oddworld game but I am interested. Need to know if it's worth 20€, though.

From the original alone, I can say yes. ;)

Had a look at the trophy list, it's damn imaginative! Would take a few runs to get all that I reckon.

You got it? Is it any good?

Never played an Oddworld game but I am interested. Need to know if it's worth 20€, though.

It's on downloading but I probably won't get a chance to play it until tomorrow. Like Shiekah said though, the original is an amazing game and this remake looks to have retained everything that made the first game a classic.

Downloading now : peace:

I see you've been playing it. Let me know what you think.

I was having a gander at your MGS trophies earlier and was wondering if you played through the extra missions on it? I played through the Déjà Vu mission yesterday and it's amazing. Major nostalgia overload. I never played this mission on the One as it got the inferior Raiden mission, although both are on both consoles now.

I was having a gander at your MGS trophies earlier and was wondering if you played through the extra missions on it?

Not yet. I'll get back to it after finishing Tomb Raider.

I got 100% on my first PS4 game last night (MGS:GZ) but sadly there was no platinum trophy for it. What's the deal with that? It had a full 1000 points on the One, yet only had a gold trophy and a bunch of bronze ones on the PS4. :(

Cracking game that I enjoyed playing through again.

Methinks I'll head back to Infamous this weekend and try and get my first PS4 platinum.

Infamous was my first PS4 platinum :D A pretty easy one. Thankfully you don't have to do the paper trail, which I found boring.

The reason GZ doesn't have Platinum Trophy in PS4 is due to SONY's regulation. They won't allow us to have them for non-full price game.

- HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) March 17, 2014

Makes sense I guess ::shrug:

I dont think ive ever got a platinum. Trophies just never seemed to hold the same appeal for me that achievements did on the 360.

Infamous was my first PS4 platinum :D A pretty easy one. Thankfully you don't have to do the paper trail, which I found boring.

Makes sense I guess ::shrug:

That's weird, Abe's Odyssey has one and that's sold directly on the store for £18.

That's weird, Abe's Odyssey has one and that's sold directly on the store for £18.

Yeah, stuff like Sound Shapes does as well. Doesn't Resogun? I wonder what the requirements are for a developer to put a platinum trophy in their game? :confused:

I got 100% on my first PS4 game last night (MGS:GZ) but sadly there was no platinum trophy for it. What's the deal with that? It had a full 1000 points on the One, yet only had a gold trophy and a bunch of bronze ones on the PS4. :(

Cracking game that I enjoyed playing through again.

Methinks I'll head back to Infamous this weekend and try and get my first PS4 platinum.

Yeah, stuff like Sound Shapes does as well. Doesn't Resogun? I wonder what the requirements are for a developer to put a platinum trophy in their game? :confused:

It could be that it needs to be a full game and not a glorified demo... ;)

...I jest (a little) though it does make me curious as well. :)

I can't wait to dive into Oddworld at some point soon :D but MGS:GZ I would probably only pick up for £5 or wait until it's free/packaged in with the next MGS, besides I need to catch up as I haven't even played Peace Walker HD! :shakehead

I'm going to get a PS4 for when Destiny comes out. Never had a non-Nintendo/Sega console before so i'm a complete layman when it comes to this.

What do I need to get? What exactly is Playstation Plus? Does it have a virtual console? How much is it per month to play online? Etc etc

It could be that it needs to be a full game and not a glorified demo... ;)

...I jest (a little) though it does make me curious as well. :)

I can't wait to dive into Oddworld at some point soon :D but MGS:GZ I would probably only pick up for £5 or wait until it's free/packaged in with the next MGS, besides I need to catch up as I haven't even played Peace Walker HD! :shakehead

Cheeky git! :D

Seriously though, there's tons of content on the disc. Sure, you could easily beat it in an hour and then never play it again but there's another 6 missions to tackle. You also get rewards, both in game and trophies, for playing in a different style. It also takes a few runs through each mission to learn where the guard placements are and nab that S rank.

I'm going to get a PS4 for when Destiny comes out. Never had a non-Nintendo/Sega console before so i'm a complete layman when it comes to this.

What do I need to get? What exactly is Playstation Plus? Does it have a virtual console? How much is it per month to play online? Etc etc

Get the PS4 and at least 3 months of plus - get a year if there's a good deal on a console bundle - Playstation Plus you need to play online but it's better than Xbox Live because you actually get given multiple decent games each month for multiple platforms - PS3, PSv, PS4 - and you get an extra discount off everything in store - I think - just for being a plus member.

No Virtual Console but there are tonnes of old games on there - PS1, PS2, PSP etc - some of the prices aren't bad but even for the ones which are a slight rip-off - in comparison to buying the original physical game - you can just wait for a price drop on them. : peace:

Cheeky git! :D

Seriously though, there's tons of content on the disc. Sure, you could easily beat it in an hour and then never play it again but there's another 6 missions to tackle. You also get rewards, both in game and trophies, for playing in a different style. It also takes a few runs through each mission to learn where the guard placements are and nab that S rank.

Haha! I did say I was partly joking. ;)

I probably will buy it at some point, just... drowning in games at the moment. :(

You pay around £30 for a 365 day PS Plus subscription (RRP is 40 but there's usually somewhere selling them for cheaper), and you get:

- 2 new games per system (PS4/PS3/Vita) to download per month

- discounts on other stuff

- automatic cloud backup of saves

- online play (PS4)

- automatic patching (I think it's PS Plus only...)

If your getting it for Destiny you may want to consider a decent headset, the one you get with the PS4 does a job but you'll probably want something better.

I'm waiting for good headset deal myself at the moment, if anything comes up I'll let you know.

I paid around £30 for PS+ and it'll last you the whole year. There are deals out there, so I'd look around. HotUKDeals is excellent for this, as well as finding great deals on games, too.

As the others have said, you get two free games to download per month. I'm sure this month that there were three games, though. (right?) This is pretty simple. It's just a case of going onto the PSN store and downloading the games from there. I'm pretty sure I did this via the mobile app when I was on holiday. I'd get that as it's sweet.

The important thing though is getting games to go with the system. I'd definitely think about Tomb Raider if you haven't played it. Love it. I'm playing Watch Dogs and am enjoying that. Assassin's Creed 4 is next for me to play and The Last of Us is out next week. If you are into these old-school style shooters, Resogun is great. You can find some good deals for games online on that HotUKDeals site. pretty sure you can get games like MGS: Ground Zeroes for about 20 quid new or even cheaper preowned. Tomb Raider is of a similar price.

I'm looking at headsets as well. I know the PS4 comes with a set of headphones. Does anyone know if that has a microphone? I don't think it does. I've put it somewhere...may have to look for it.

I'm looking at headsets as well. I know the PS4 comes with a set of headphones. Does anyone know if that has a microphone? I don't think it does. I've put it somewhere...may have to look for it.

Yeah, it has a mic and like I said it does a job but it's not something your gonna want to use long term, the quality isn't great.

Waiting on a deal for the Gold 2.0 headset, pricey but a worthwhile investment it seems.

Yeah, it has a mic and like I said it does a job but it's not something your gonna want to use long term, the quality isn't great.

Waiting on a deal for the Gold 2.0 headset, pricey but a worthwhile investment it seems.

Seriously? The one that is boxed in with it? Gah, I thought it was just a pair of cheapy headphones so have bunged it in a drawer somewhere. Better than nothing, may go and take a look at it.

Seriously? The one that is boxed in with it? Gah, I thought it was just a pair of cheapy headphones so have bunged it in a drawer somewhere. Better than nothing, may go and take a look at it.

Yeah, plug it in your DualShock 4 and your good to go. :)

Yeah, plug it in your DualShock 4 and your good to go. :)

I've found it now. Will have a look at it later. I'm going to look for a better one, though. Annoyingly, I've got a great set of headphones that I use for my guitar, but that set hasn't got a mic.

I put this link before, but they're £68.68 here. The cheapest they have ever been is £60 at GameStop, and they ran out of stock almost immediately and never seem to stock it anymore. Seems a good deal considering you're only going to get them at most £8.50 cheaper (if at all) by waiting.

I put this link before, but they're £68.68 here. The cheapest they have ever been is £60 at GameStop, and they ran out of stock almost immediately and never seem to stock it anymore. Seems a good deal considering you're only going to get them at most £8.50 cheaper (if at all) by waiting.

Cheers, will keep an eye on these, if no other deals come up in the next couple of weeks I'll probably go for them. :)

That was one of the first major PS4 purchases i made (other than PS+ and a few games). I did have an EX-05 for the Xbox 360, it worked on the PS4 but the sound was very low (even with the settings at max). Someone said i needed an amp to get it to increase.

Havn't looked back, sound quality is excellent. Great bass, great settings and everything. If anyone is considering a purchase of them, i recommend them.

Right, I've attached my microphone and Ine quickly reminded me that Tomb Raider has voice commands. So, I've put that back in (hnnnnnng, what a game). You know what, the voice commands aren't bad at all. It's quite useful actually when you're on the map screen and looking for the documents/relics part. It's not bad...I've not had anything fuck up on me yet. Everything has appeared first time, even with my fucked up accent.

Not really something I think I'll use much...hmm. But, good to see that it works.