NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I'm staring at a PS4 for £270 brand new. Should I just buy the fuck out of it?

For £270?! Hell yeah!

I'm staring at a PS4 for £270 brand new. Should I just buy the fuck out of it?

That's only £30 more than a Wii U, I'd definitely go for it. :)

I bought that shit. I fucking bought that shit.

Rj1Pn.gif

tumblr_mjxp19cTqH1qgh0b7o2_500.gif

Welcome to the collective.

Where in Hell's cunt did you get that?

Sony were selling brand new US stock on Ebay.

First thing I'm going to get on is The Last of Us. Any multiplayer ish you guys tend to get on regularly?

Pre-order Destiny from selected retailers asap so you get a beta key. You don't even need to buy the game. Starts next Thursday and lasts 8 days.

Is that buying on Ebay UK? Otherwise you might get a hefty import tax. Anyone looking for something close to home, this is a damn good deal (even if not compared to that bargain above!)

Last of Us bundle, £339

Note, the first thing you're wanting isn't out til the beginning of next month! Get Resogun and Transistor to tide you over ;)

Edited by Shorty

Pre-order Destiny from selected retailers asap so you get a beta key. You don't even need to buy the game. Starts next Thursday and lasts 8 days.

Is that buying on Ebay UK? Otherwise you might get a hefty import tax. Anyone looking for something close to home, this is a damn good deal (even if not compared to that bargain above!)

Last of Us bundle, £339

Note, the first thing you're wanting isn't out til the beginning of next month! Get Resogun and Transistor to tide you over ;)

I'll get on Destiny asap. The price was with import tax included as well. Yeah I figured, but I've got a dissertation to write anyway so I probably won't be playing anything but Towerfall on it for a while :heh:

Does anybody know the current policy regarding number of PlayStation devices registered to a PSN account?

I currently have a PS3, PS4, Vita and PSP (x2) registered. I'm looking to expand this with an additional PS3, Vita and PlayStation TV. I don't mind deregistering the PSPs because the content can be played on the Vita.

Just an update in case anybody else comes across this in the future.

Using Google to find this answer from their site was a mistake, it doesn't look like the new site is indexed correctly yet and it returns results for their old site.

The answer to my question was located here.

One PS4 (+wherever you are currently signed in, like how the Xbox 360/Xbox One works).

Two PS3s.

Two PSP/PS Vitas.

The Japanese website is slightly different as they already have the PlayStation TV in their territory. They say that the two portable device limit is being increased to three and includes the PlayStation TV. (They also say that any purchases made before 17/11/2011 will work on 5 PS3s and 5 portable devices, though that's not really relevant to me).

Assuming we'll get a similar increase to the portable device limit, I'll be fine with my devices as long as I deactivate the two PSPs. Excellent!

Oh God I hope it sings "let it go" when you eject the disc.

Now I'm back in the uk, I think it may be time to get one of these. I presume I've missed those really good deals flying around...? Anyone played the cords platform games on both ps3 and ps4 and is it worth the upgrade? I'm thinking FIFA, watch dogs, tomb raider, cod etc

Dazzybrah, I fucking love Tomb Raider, am always on the demo for FIFA14 and have pre-ordered FIFA15 already. Think Drahkon is getting it, too.

Here's a great deal.

Basically, you get a PS4, inFAMOUS (or however the feck you spell eet), 90days PS+ and Amazing Spiderman BluRay. There's a code that you can input to get money off that will take this to just under £340. Everything is explained in the link. The downside is that you can only input the code when the World Cup Final is on. Very clever.

That's a good deal, imo.

Dazzybrah, I fucking love Tomb Raider, am always on the demo for FIFA14 and have pre-ordered FIFA15 already. Think Drahkon is getting it, too.

Here's a great deal.

Basically, you get a PS4, inFAMOUS (or however the feck you spell eet), 90days PS+ and Amazing Spiderman BluRay. There's a code that you can input to get money off that will take this to just under £340. Everything is explained in the link. The downside is that you can only input the code when the World Cup Final is on. Very clever.

That's a good deal, imo.

I have tomb raider on ps3, great game. I'm interested though to see how these cross gen games are on both, how much of a difference there is... FIFA is definitely on my list! I'll warn you though, I'm pretty much unbeatable at it ;)

Not a bad deal, might scout around.

Never mind. Didn't realise Flinky had already posted it. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I have tomb raider on ps3, great game. I'm interested though to see how these cross gen games are on both, how much of a difference there is... FIFA is definitely on my list! I'll warn you though, I'm pretty much unbeatable at it ;)

If you're not sure on that deal, just check HotUKDeals daily/twice daily and you'll eventually get something similar to that. There's been some amazing ones so far, I bit at around £299 or something for mine, Shorty paid under £340 for his (I think) with InFamous.

I have no idea what Tomb Raider is like on both, as the PS4 version was the only one I played. I went in fresh, cuzzz. There's tons of videos on youtube and the Definitive Version does look lovely in comparison. But, if you've already played it, be sensible and wait for it to really come down in price and pick it up then. As for other cross-gen stuff, from what I've seen on YouTube and what I've read, it just makes sense to go for the next-gen versions of stuff like WatchDogs, the next FIFA, Alien Isolation, etc.

I'm going to get murdered on FIFA. I've not played it for years as the last version that I owned was...2008. I played 09 on the Xbox360, think I played 10 on the 360, too...although I didn't own either. Had the demo for 13 on WiiU and didn't like it. Finally, got the demo for 14 on the PS4 and really like that one. 15 looks like it's going to be a great edition. :D

That's interesting. I actually think the FIFA 13 Wii u (12 for ps3 and 360) is the best version. I have FIFA 14, played it for about an hour and still play Wii u fifa... Though the kits and. Hanging the squads is getting dull, so FIFA 15 I'd mine!

I'm going to get murdered on FIFA. I've not played it for years as the last version that I owned was...2008.

Heh, already looking for excuses for when I will own your ass? :p

Anyway I've just read a couple of entries on the PSBlog and came across VizionEck and Titan Souls

Well...I didn't fully understand that trailer but it has got me intrigued. I think this game will either be fucking amazing or it will plain and simple just suck.

Whatever the case it won't sell because gamers want ultra graphics and guns and zombies :p

I'm looking forward to giving it a try and seeing whether it's any good or not. :)

PS Blog entry for VizionEck

Now Titan Souls looks great!

Adrenaline-fueled, tense and punishing boss battles are a love of ours that we think a lot of gamers share. These kind of battles are the very core of the gameplay in Titan Souls. There are no health bars – a single strike will end your life, and a single hit to a Titan’s weak spot is all you’ll need to pull off a kill.

If executed perfectly it could be incredible. : peace:

PS Blog entry for Titan Souls

Also: Rogue Legacy release date: 30th July

Cross Buy + Cross Save!

And Platinum Trophy !!!

Played this on Steam. Never finished it, though. Looking forward to having this on my PS4 and more importantly on my Vita :)

I'm feeling quite lonely over on my PS4 so feel free to add me! somme_uk :D