NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Is there any kind of Virtual Console on the PS4? I would like to play Wipeout 2097 on it and maybe one or two more PSone games

Is there any kind of Virtual Console on the PS4? I would like to play Wipeout 2097 on it and maybe one or two more PSone games

Nadda. You need a PS3 or Vita to play these games.

A couple of "Arcade Classics" have started appearing recently, like Gradius from the 80's.

Ok thanks, as long as I can play Journey for the time being that's fine.

Journey's not out on the PS4 yet either. Not that I know of.

D'oh, I assumed they'd have put it on there by now. Seems it's out soon enough at least.

I've never played it but heard very good things so am looking forward to it :D

Incredible game. Not since the ending of Ocarina of Time has a game given me those emotions.

Incredible game. Not since the ending of Ocarina of Time has a game given me those emotions.

It's really that good?

I'll have to buy it when it's out on PS4 now you've hyped it up to that kind of level. :heh:

I'd pre-order a physical copy already but nowhere seems to want to sell the game to me. :blank:

Is it too soon to pre-order or something? ::shrug:

It's really that good?

I'll have to buy it when it's out on PS4 now you've hyped it up to that kind of level. :heh:

I agree with Retro_Link.

Journey is something special and such an emotional game. Play it in one session and definitely while you're online, it is worth it.

I think that's the beauty of Journey, everyone has their own unique experience with the game. I played it by myself, offline, in one sitting and couldn't imagine a better experience.

I'll have to give it a go online sometime.

I must get round to finishing Journey. Got bored of waiting for them to re-release it on the PS4 so I decided to download it on the partner's PS3 and was really enjoying what I played of it (and she was also interested in having a go with it) but it ended up getting lost in a sea of other indie games that I started playing at the start of the year.

It does seem to be taking its time getting onto the PS4 though. And no further mention of it since last year has me wondering whether they've put it on the back burner.

I must get round to finishing Journey. Got bored of waiting for them to re-release it on the PS4 so I decided to download it on the partner's PS3 and was really enjoying what I played of it (and she was also interested in having a go with it) but it ended up getting lost in a sea of other indie games that I started playing at the start of the year.

It does seem to be taking its time getting onto the PS4 though. And no further mention of it since last year has me wondering whether they've put it on the back burner.

They are deliberately taking time. Even has a retail release i think.

Hey guys, not sure if you can help but having issues trying to play Batman on my PS4.

I redeemed a code for the game and downloaded everything onto my console. When trying to start the game I receive a message saying that I need to update the app and to check the status of downloads under notifications>downloads.

Which doesn't make any sense as I've downloaded all the content for it, made sure everything is up to date etc and I'm still getting this message. I've tried deleting and re downloading (which took a bloody age) and still getting the same error. Has anyone else had this issue?

i had the same thing happen on a game, from memory I went into the downloads section and deleted the download that was causing it to crash and that fixed the problem.

It wasn't Batman but sounds like exactly the problem so assume this will work for you.

Good luck.

Hey guys, we're getting a PS4 at the office and we want to connect it to our Playseat. Before there was a PS3 connected to it.

So, two questions:

1. what do you guys think is the best current racegame available for the machine and why do you think that?

2. if the Playseat could be connected to a PS3 there should be no reason it can't be connected to the PS4, right?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey guys, we're getting a PS4 at the office and we want to connect it to our Playseat. Before there was a PS3 connected to it.

So, two questions:

1. what do you guys think is the best current racegame available for the machine and why do you think that?

2. if the Playseat could be connected to a PS3 there should be no reason it can't be connected to the PS4, right?

1. Driveclub, not a bad game at launch... now? There's so much content I can't even keep up, really fun too. :)

2. I don't see why not. : peace:

1. Driveclub, not a bad game at launch... now? There's so much content I can't even keep up, really fun too. :)

2. I don't see why not. : peace:

Thanks! How does it play? Like a realistic driving sim or more arcade style?

Thanks! How does it play? Like a realistic driving sim or more arcade style?

More leaning towards the arcade style but it has more than enough realism to it.

So, two questions:

I know nothing about your second question, but you have three real choices for the first one. You have either DriveClub, Project Cars or Need for Speed Rivals.

They're all different. NFS is an open world racer (if it's anything like Most Wanted), Project Cars is more like a sim and DriveClub is arcadey.

I've only played DriveClub, so I'm going to go with that. It's also one of the best looking games out there at the moment. Looks stunning, particularly when the weather effects kick in. The transitions between night and day are wonderful. It's a fantastic technical showcase for the console. In terms of the handling, I think it takes a little getting used to, but I personally had an awesome time with the game. Pretty under-rated, if you ask me.