N-Europe

The 'Living' Room Mafia

DuD

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a good game indeed. I was more inclined to believe EEVIL after he didn't lie. And i didn't want to reveal this part of my power for obvious reasons, which was my intention.

I was suspecting Yvonne for a little while, and i targetted them on the night they were killed to see if they were lying.

I'm still confused about Yvonne's Triple vote, though. What caused that?

Did you target Yvonne on night 3 and EEVIL on night 4?

The mafia could vote for which one of us had the double vote (however, if the person with the double vote died or was lynched, we would lose it).

On night 3 we elected Yvonne. He gained another double vote from elsewhere.

On night 4 we elected EEVIL. He gained another double vote from elsewhere.

As for our lynch of Sheikah, we decided if it was worth the risk. If the night went as planned, if we were quick enough we would have been able to lynch someone else the next day (even without Jonnas' extra vote).

Unfortunately, the night did not go as planned.

Yeah kamikaze was not ideal, but at that stage if we hadn't killed in the day, we'd have died in the day. With two confirmed mafia out in the open, we'd be losing a player every day until the end of the game. If I hadn't been vigged, we'd have won by quickhammering until the end, so it was essentially optimal at the time, in a do-or-die kind of way.

I loved my power. Wish id been online to use it night 1, and not been power-cutted! Still, I AM extremely pleased that me giving the vote census power ultimately confirmed two mafiosos.

I'm not sure if this is the case (interested to know, in fact) but after I died it felt like the mafia were very confident, and not too worried about being brash with votes etc. I had actually suspected Yvonne - in fact I sent a PM to DuD to roleblock him, but changed my mind at the last minute and sent a correction PM for mr-paul instead. But I felt like the whole mafia were acting a little over-confident. Was that the case, or was that just my imagination? It wasn't a bad thing necessarily, but following the game I thought there were a few occasions where you guys could've gained some trust from the town, but instead made yourselves look more suspicious. Perhaps it was part of an overall plan or I was just missing something, or I just misread the whole thing, but I'd be interested to know!

Good game though, DuD, really enjoyed it, both playing and following it after I died. Was willing the town to lynch EEVIL and Cube, it was so obvious but saw a few people being convinced by Cube towards the end!

There wasn't anything against EEVIL or Cube though, they would have lost you that day, but they'd have had a free kill in Jon DeDeDe that night knowing he was outed and they'd just have been down to a 2 person mafia the next night.

It was unknown to yous, but Rummy would probably have killed off The Peeps then.

I think if Cube had avoided the train, it would have been either a neural or mafia win.

I think I learned a fair bit from modding this though, so hopefully the next one will be better for it.

There wasn't anything against EEVIL or Cube though, they would have lost you that day, but they'd have had a free kill in Jon DeDeDe that night knowing he was outed and they'd just have been down to a 2 person mafia the next night.

It was unknown to yous, but Rummy would probably have killed off The Peeps then.

I think if Cube had avoided the train, it would have been either a neural or mafia win.

I think I learned a fair bit from modding this though, so hopefully the next one will be better for it.

I dunno, I think I put enough suspicion on Cube by saying he couldn't be investigated. Which was partially true because his kill couldn't be properly investigated by me relative to say Jay's PM.

Cube's play style throughout the game was very mafia. After the lynch train I was sure he was evil, he's a clever player and wouldn't have ignored my concrete evidence just to argue with Sheikah where there was a obvious lynchtrain if he was town. He just wasn't priority for me to get rid of because he wasn't electric.

Oh, and Peeps, hope you understand my message a bit more now, I wanted you dead, somehow I managed to get myself out of the hole that I was in, I think giving two confirmed mafia to the town helped!! :p

The sheikah lynch train was the most obvious clue. MURRAY and cube were flying under teh radar up 'til then, but the quick succession of lynch votes made it really, really obvious that it was a co-ordinated event. I think I got really lucky coming online when I was one vote away form being lynched as that would've postponed some of the madness.

Despite disliking sheikah's approach; inferring and constructing theories from little basic data, it did get me fully invested in the game. I really came close to PMing DuD and saying "I don't want to play anymore." It was a very fast-paced game and I was sat here hitting F5 on more than one occassion!

Cube's play style throughout the game was very mafia. After the lynch train I was sure he was evil, he's a clever player and wouldn't have ignored my concrete evidence just to argue with Sheikah where there was a obvious lynchtrain if he was town. He just wasn't priority for me to get rid of because he wasn't electric.

Oh, and Peeps, hope you understand my message a bit more now, I wanted you dead, somehow I managed to get myself out of the hole that I was in, I think giving two confirmed mafia to the town helped!! :p

Yeah I agree he came across as quite Mafia, that's why I targeted him. He normally gets quite a lot quieter when Mafia (he doesn't have the most posts on the forum for nothing). And more aggressive I think. Compared to say the last Mafia game his behaviour was quite different I thought.

That was part of the risk. We saw an opportunity for a win, went for it, but it went wrong.

Also, the part where you asked me who else targeted Tales, I suspected that you were able to verify my information due to targeting him yourself, hence why I said you. I actually normal tracked Peeps in order to work out how his redirection worked. And Dedede didn't target Tales either.

Also, I was quiet at the start of this game because I was a tracker with no decent information.Alignment was nothing to do with it.

Edited by Cube

Also, I was quiet at the start of this game because I was a tracker with no decent information.Alignment was nothing to do with it.

Last game you were a protector so you didn't really have any information at all (relative to a tracker), but you were a lot more active. And less aggressive. :p

That was part of the risk. We saw an opportunity for a win, went for it, but it went wrong.

Also, the part where you asked me who else targeted Tales, I suspected that you were able to verify my information due to targeting him yourself, hence why I said you. I actually normal tracked Peeps in order to work out how his redirection worked. And Dedede didn't target Tales either.

I didn't actually have anything particular on you when I was asking, I was just seeing if you slipped up and changed your info at all. Which you did, saying that me and Peeps had targeted him, when I hadn't targeted anyone!

I knew from PM snooping that EEVIL was probably the killer, and therefore had targeted Tales. In hindsight, I should have probably pressed more that EEVIL was the killer, but everyone had their mind set on Jon Dedede that day who was confirmed mafia.

A lot of people play each game differently though Sheikah, otherwise your point for scum spotting based on a players previous games behavior would be better than an alignment cop role.. or a vote census as it turns out :p

Y'all should look up the texas sharpshooter fallacy

I disagree, I have noticed the same pattern when he was Mafia before. Mostly quiet and aggressive when challenged.

Hell, people are habitual, I'm sure I behave differently when Mafia too.

A lot of people play each game differently though Sheikah, otherwise your point for scum spotting based on a players previous games behavior would be better than an alignment cop role.. or a vote census as it turns out :p

People may try to play differently and succeed to a point but there's usually still some tendencies. Unless you are really good there's bound to be some behaviour tell-tales coming out over the course of the game.

A lot of it is down to that Mafia know they're guilty. When I'm Mafia it can feel more like 'shit, better not trip up' and ultimately you might be more careful in what you say and disclose, and how you act.

Edited by Sheikah