Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

UK sales charts for this week.

01 (01) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION (MICROSOFT)

02 (02) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

03 (05) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)

04 (04) PS4 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)

05 (06) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

06 (03) WIU MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)

07 (16) 360 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

08 (10) 360 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

09 (09) 360 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)

10 (07) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)

11 (25) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)

12 (12) 360 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

13 (22) PS3 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)

14 (40) 360 SNIPER ELITE 3 (505 GAMES)

15 (23) 360 TERRARIA (505 GAMES)

16 (14) NDS POKEMON BLACK VERSION (NINTENDO)

17 (18) 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

18 (15) PS4 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

19 (11) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

20 (27) PS3 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

21 (08) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)

22 (21) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

23 (13) PS4 SNIPER ELITE 3 (505 GAMES)

24 (26) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

25 (19) NDS POKEMON WHITE VERSION (NINTENDO)

26 (20) PS4 EA SPORTS UFC (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

27 (28) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

28 (39) PS4 INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

29 (__) PS3 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

30 (17) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014 (SEGA)

31 (36) 3DS POKEMON X (NINTENDO)

32 (29) XBO SNIPER ELITE 3 (505 GAMES)

33 (__) 3DS POKEMON Y (NINTENDO)

34 (__) 360 SKATE 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

35 (38) 360 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

36 (31) XBO WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)

37 (__) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)

38 (__) 360 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

39 (37) 360 ASSASSIN’S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)

40 (32) PS3 SNIPER ELITE 3 (505 GAMES)

Watch Dogs certainly seems to have legs. I was expecting it to sell well but die down quicker than it has been.

I think it's the sort you thing you might expect to be hanging around until the new of wave of new-gen games finally turn up.

I'd also say Titanfall's sales have a lot to do with that as well, holding up really well for the One's big game, compared with the big PS4 exclusive Infamous, and the fact the PS4 is outselling the One by a fair way from what we know. Nice to see that and Mario Kart showing exclusives can sell :)

I see Nintendos financials are out and it doesn't look pretty. Mario Kart did well though but the rest of the numbers dont make for happy reading.

Some weird extraordinary losses this quarter. Seems they really took a hit with the currency exchange :/

Wii U is doing pretty well all things considered. MK8 has had an obvious impact, with the Wii U hardware jumping nearly 300% yoy (0.16 million to 0.51 million).

Speaking of which, MK8's sales are simply insane considering the small Wii U userbase (2.82 million in its first month - a 42.2% attach rate in just one month is madness!)

Of course you have to chalk a big part of that down to the free game promotion, but still! (yeah it's still far from fantastic, but the impact is palpable... too bad that they're not gonna be able to maintain the momentum for long with the lack of new releases in the coming months)

Shame that those are the only real bright spots in this financial report though...

3DS is sinking like a stone :(

What is important to note though is that the actual hardware sales here for both consoles seem to have outstripped the shipments (going by some numbers thrown around on GAF...

3DS for the Quarter

Japan - 260,000

Americas - 250,000

Europe - 310,000

Actual sales

Japan - 372,663

Americas - 354,000

Europe - ?

... it seems that they've still been getting through the massive channel stuffing that they did during last year's Xmas season; so actual 3DS hardware sales are gonna be higher than what they look like here at least.

Edited by Dcubed

Yep...the currency exchange. That's their problem.

When you look at the actual financials data rather than just sit, look at the end result and declare doom like the rest of the Internet, then yes...yes it is. Use your head for once.

I didn't 'declare doom'. Because that's an utterly stupid term to use.

But thanks.

Didn't realise I and the rest of the Internet had be assimilated into the collective where we all have one opinion, either. Strange.

Speaking of which, MK8's sales are simply insane considering the small Wii U userbase (2.82 million in its first month - a 42.2% attach rate in just one month is madness!)

The sales of the game really are great, but I think the attach rate % is only so high because of the lack of diversity on the console.

When you buy a Wii U it's almost certainly for the Nintendo content, so it kinda makes sense that people who have the console are buying the biggest Nintendo release for it. The other consoles - some people may buy primarily to pursue sports, racers, FPS, or even as a media player (definitely was the case for PS3).

The sales of the game really are great, but I think the attach rate % is only so high because of the lack of diversity on the console.

When you buy a Wii U it's almost certainly for the Nintendo content, so it kinda makes sense that people who have the console are buying the biggest Nintendo release for it. The other consoles - some people may buy primarily

Didn’t help Donkey Kong.

There may be a lack of diversity but that’s not a reason to underplay the success of MK8.

Kinda ironic in a way considering plenty people say the problem is the same franchises (not saying it isn’t) being turned out yet MK8 has done extremely well.

As for the Nintendo financials, not great at all.

The 3DS can’t live beyond 2015 in my opinion. MH4G, Smash Bros and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will help for the rest of this year but I think E3 2015 needs be the one where Nintendo announce the next handheld.

Before then they should get a 3DS revision out. A premium model which is an enhancement on the 3DS rather than what they did with the 2DS.

The 3DS attachment rate is too low. 3.89 is bad but Nintendo clearly don't think there is an issue with the pricing of games. :confused:

Edited by liger05

There may be a lack of diversity but that’s not a reason to underplay the success of MK8.

The sales are brilliant, it's a very accessible and appealing game. But regarding the attach rate, the free game and the fact most people buy the console for this game as well as Zelda/Mario/SSB anyway kinda explains it. What else are people buying the console for?

Didn’t help Donkey Kong.

The console is already saturated with 2D platformers, it doesn't have the same widespread appeal and no limited time free game. People have to get it before 30th July to get a free game, so it makes sense more people have jumped sooner rather than later.

Edited by Sheikah

The sales are brilliant, it's a very accessible and appealing game. But regarding the attach rate, the free game and the fact most people buy the console for this game as well as Zelda/Mario/SSB anyway kinda explains it.

Not having that. Zelda will not do anything near those numbers in a month.

MK8 was just the right product.

The sales are brilliant, it's a very accessible and appealing game. But regarding the attach rate, the free game and the fact most people buy the console for this game as well as Zelda/Mario/SSB anyway kinda explains it. What else are people buying the console for?

Yeah to be fair I nearly bought a copy myself and I dont particularly like Mario Kart games. I just wanted the free game.

Not having that. Zelda will not do anything near those numbers in a month.

MK8 was just the right product.

Don't get me wrong, MK8 definitely has much bigger appeal, and I'm not downplaying its success - only the attach rate (generally speaking, percentages irk me).

The attach rate is always going to be higher for a game like this on a console where most great games are from one developer. People who buy that console are already making a statement that they like that particular developer's games, since that's mostly all there is on the console.

Combine that with a 'get a free game if you buy it quick' promotion, killer bundles, and the fact Nintendo's games rarely drop in place (ie. 'Why wait?') and it's not hard to see why it has such an attach rate already.

Don't get me wrong, MK8 definitely has much bigger appeal, and I'm not downplaying its success - only the attach rate (generally speaking, percentages irk me).

The attach rate is always going to be higher for a game like this on a console where most great games are from one developer. People who buy that console are already making a statement that they like that particular developer's games, since that's mostly all there is on the console.

Combine that with a 'get a free game if you buy it quick' promotion, killer bundles, and the fact Nintendo's games rarely drop in place (ie. 'Why wait?') and it's not hard to see why it has such an attach rate already.

Nail on the head. It also helps that most owners were starved of content.

Smash will have a similar effect for the same reasons, minus the free game thing (which I see them doing again).