N-Europe

Pokemon X & Y

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've literally booted this up and spent about half an hour on it so far.

And I'm amazed at how fresh this feels.

It's like a brand new experience. Doesn't really feel or look anything like previous Pokemon games at all.

The music is brilliant, it looks fantastic, and I love that there's full directional control over your character too.

Definitely how I expected the series to move forward. Very impressive so far!

Its unfair that Lame Game didnt send these , we will be lucky to get on launch day

I can understand shopto sending 1 day early but 2 days is taking the pee , Nintendo had a vision of evberyone playing on the same day saturday, and retailers have to ruin it.

So if yours arrived tomorrow you would keep it sealed until Saturday in the interest of fairness?

So I've literally booted this up and spent about half an hour on it so far.

And I'm amazed at how fresh this feels.

It's like a brand new experience. Doesn't really feel or look anything like previous Pokemon games at all.

The music is brilliant, it looks fantastic, and I love that there's full directional control over your character too.

Definitely how I expected the series to move forward. Very impressive so far!

*Hi-five!*

Its just so crisp and refreshing. I love the mix of old and new Pokemon. I really should eat something, shouldn't I? Haven't felt this way for a long time. :)

My Y is here from Shopto!

Anyone else go for Y? Seems like the majority have gone for X. Going to have to choose the water starter, always do, but then which Kanto starter? I love Squirtle, but do I have room for both in my team?????

I'm going Froakie & Venusaur.

BTW, @Serebii @Debug Mode @Ike When/If your copies arrive, I don't suppose you can test to see if they work on foreign 3DS consoles? I have a sneaking suspicion that X&Y are the first region free 3DS games...

Just tested this and oh my fucking god, it actually boots on my Japanese 3DS

HOW BIZARRE. I get the message このゲームカードは使用できません, because "You cannot use this card". I'm curious as to whether this is because it's linked to another 3DS due to my save file, or it just only wants to show the logo.

gEps6GE.jpg

Any other region game should just not be detected at all. How odd that Pokemon Y is detected, and displays the Japanese logo to boot, but wont run.

Edited by Debug Mode

POCKETU MONSTURA EXXSUU AND WHYUUUUU GETUUUU!!! :D

It's wating for me at home :yay: Gonna be the longest day of work ever...

Just tested this and oh my fucking god, it actually boots on my Japanese 3DS

Cheers! Had a feeling they might pull the same trick as with B&W, B&W2 and Pokemon Conquest. So that means that developers can indeed choose to make their 3DS games region free if they want to...

Edit: Oh wait, it doesn't run? Bummer :(

The fact that it shows up at all is encouraging though :) Could well be a save file incompatibility issue then since you already had a save file on there (does it save anything to the SD card by any chance?)

Edited by Dcubed

Cheers! Had a feeling they might pull the same trick as with B&W, B&W2 and Pokemon Conquest. So that means that developers can indeed choose to make their 3DS games region free if they want to...

I updated my post, you may want to reread it. It's a very interesting scenario.