NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

That... was supposed to get people hyped? :blank:

I fucking hate hoIGN just take videos and then watermark them.

Here's a non-cunt version.

No. Combat looked too simple but I hope its because its an early demonstration.

Its an interesting concept and one I hope more games follow, but I feel they could have done better showing the gameplay.

Yeah, got to say, I thought this looked brilliant. Just seeping atmosphere.

Have to agree. Watched the trailers for this this morning (didn't catch Sony's presser but wish I did) and this really looked great. Definitely one of the games I'd consider picking up at the PS4 launch if I have the money to get the console.

Have to agree. Watched the trailers for this this morning (didn't catch Sony's presser but wish I did) and this really looked great. Definitely one of the games I'd consider picking up at the PS4 launch if I have the money to get the console.
Definitely watch the gameplay demonstration above, it was epic!

its on the live stream

blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/playstation-e3-2013-press-conference-livestream-today-at-6pm-pacific/

Other people playing the same demo. Its direct feed.

I want to be more enthused by it then I am but I'm not quite getting into it yet. Too Halo-alike in it's aesthetic perhaps?

Looks amazing this, i can't wait for a ps4 and this, its all kinds of awesome! its Halo meets i am legend meets every other distopian future

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-destiny-reminds-the-world-to-never-doubt-bungie

E3 2013: Destiny Reminds the World to Never Doubt Bungie

Be honest: was there a part of you -- maybe a teeny, tiny part -- that doubted whether Bungie could repeat its Halo success? Part of you that wondered if Halo was just a happy accident, or if they'd lost a step after the somewhat disappointing Halo: Reach? For those of you who kept the faith, rest assured that your loyalty will be duly rewarded when you get to play Destiny in 2014. And if you had been a bit skeptical, know that your concerns are unwarranted. Destiny appears set to be the next great evolution of a tired and predictable first-person shooter genre, and they drove the point home with one simple, innocuous sequence I saw that you didn't see at the Sony E3 press conference

The breadth of gameplay space is staggering, and it's a fraction of a percent of the cities, stars, and faraway planets you'll be able to visit.

In one simple 360-degree spin at the beginning of the demo, Bungie illustrated the incredible scale and scope of their world and the beauty of their next-gen visuals in one fell swoop. Bungie's Lars Bakken (one of, wait for it...seven developers from Bungie playing in this demo) slowly looked around. Wind blew through the individual leaves of the trees, the sun blasted golden outlines around the clouds it was hiding behind, and mountains loomed in the distance. He then walked away from the wall to Old Russia the demo would ultimately take place in, backpedaling towards a cliff's edge. Below was a vast valley with a river winding through it and though the audience's good-natured pleas to leap off the cliff fell on deaf ears, the point was not that Bakken didn't do it but that he could. He could've walked all along the wall to Old Russia if he wanted, or down through that valley and out to those mountains miles away. The breadth of gameplay space is staggering, and it's a fraction of a percent of the cities, stars, and faraway planets you'll be able to visit in Destiny.

Furthermore -- and this may sound silly or not make sense -- but after seeing Destiny demoed live in front of me twice now, I can actually tell that it feels like Halo despite not having played it. And that's a great, great thing. Look at the way the weapons look and the way they fire, how the enemies and vehicles move, and how the combat unfolds. It's all very reminiscent of Halo.

Perhaps, really, it would be more fair and accurate to say that it feels like a Bungie game -- something you should never doubt or lose faith in.

Can't wait to see more.

I've just learned Peter Dinklage is the voice of "The Ghost" orb-mcjigger you have with you.

Sold.

Looks really interesting. I hope its much more than an improved Borderlands though.

Looks really interesting. I hope its much more than an improved Borderlands though.

That's...not exactly a bad thing though you know...

Really looking forward to this.

This is now the cover.

739892_10151957599876803_495503936_o-610x770.jpg