NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I think I'd buy a PS4 if I can get beta access to this. Maybe that'll be my entry point.

IGN Rewind Trailer

Didn't realise it seems to take place in our Solar System a lot, Earth, Venus, The Moon, Mars... really like that aspect, and then maybe go further a field for sequels, or maybe this game does too, but still.

Some very positive feedback from Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-28-getting-to-play-destiny-better-than-halo

Although I didn't care much for the article (reads like a walkthrough and inaccurate point about snap-to aiming which never appeared in halo) it still sounds pretty great to me. It's like Borderlands but by Bungie which is a winning combination to me. If they get it right, this is a game I would jump on next-gen for in a heartbeat.

It looks great, but I'm not a fan of the health bar above the enemies. Is there really a need for it?

It's pretty standard if you're taking the RPG angle and want to know your DPS and see the effect of criticals etc.. Games like Diablo usually let you turn that kind of thing off so hopefully it'll be optional.

Yeah, it makes sense. I guess I prefer it if the health just wasn't so explicit. Don't see why it can't be like normal FPSs. It's a super minor thing though and you're right, there'll probably be an option for it.

Think it looks great from everything I've seen so far. I know Kotaku's hands-on wasn't exactly glowly (they pretty much labelled it boring) but I really like the look of it. Was always considering this as the point I'd make the jump to the next gen with the PS4 and still very much looks that way (although I may pick one up for Infamous and Watch_Dogs soon-ish).

Think it looks great from everything I've seen so far. I know Kotaku's hands-on wasn't exactly glowly (they pretty much labelled it boring) but I really like the look of it. Was always considering this as the point I'd make the jump to the next gen with the PS4 and still very much looks that way (although I may pick one up for Infamous and Watch_Dogs soon-ish).

I kind of feel like they are outlyers a lot of other sites' opinions seem far more favourable.

The 3 player thing just screams last gen. Or even last last gen. Some one really should make a MMORPGFPS.

Right now Destiny looks great. I like the mechanics but the 3 player thing is a bummer. the potnetial is huge but its sad the largest console developers dont aim so high generally.

Titanfall and MAG are proof that more players does not equal better. As long as it's a design decision and not a limitation due to time, cost, hardware etc., I think it's fine.

If you want an MMOFPS check out Firefall.

The 3 player thing just screams last gen. Or even last last gen. Some one really should make a MMORPGFPS.

Right now Destiny looks great. I like the mechanics but the 3 player thing is a bummer. the potnetial is huge but its sad the largest console developers dont aim so high generally.

But it isn't just 3-player. There are game events where loads of players take part.

I'm gonna trust Bungie that 3 is the right number for these strike events. I'm sure they've play tested it for more and found 3 was the right balance. Just like how everyone said 6 was too few in Titanfall but with those map sizes/designs and the Titan's bounding around it feels just right.

Weird i heard this game only had up to 3 players? Right it just looks like a higher budget Borderlands with more RPG elements.

An hour long look at the Alpha version here. Really helps wrap your head around it.

I've been really struggling to get my head around what Destiny even is but I'm actually feeling much more excited about it now that I'm starting to understand it.

An hour long look at the Alpha version here. Really helps wrap your head around it.

I've been really struggling to get my head around what Destiny even is but I'm actually feeling much more excited about it now that I'm starting to understand it.

Yeah helped a lot with what it's about my only slight concern is it seems quite slow and ploddy in parts but not in a "hey this is some cool story exposition/moment"

Anyone got in the alpha?

I don't think they've started sending responses out yet.