NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Bungie's hubris is just disgusting. I'm glad that the response to this so far has been negative.

I wouldn't say it's negative. It's just that they revealed so little yet said so many words that nobody knows what to think.

From first looks, it just seems to be "just another space shooter", which is a bit sad. I was saying to a friend before the reveal that I really hope it isn't one. There's some interesting teases that could make it stand out, and I hope it does

Fun fact, in the source code of the Destiny site, it DOES have a Platform handler

Wouldn't take it as a guarantee though

That's standard for all Activision pages supposedly, so I wouldn't read anything into it...

That's standard for all Activision pages supposedly, so I wouldn't read anything into it...

Looking at the code and how that whole section is labelled "ATVI" suggests this to be the case.

Just what the gaming world needs, another generic first person shooter.

I'm guessing you don't play many FPS games. The genre is massively diverse.

I'm guessing you don't play many FPS games. The genre is massively diverse.

The genre is, yes. But, you have to admit, there's nothing that shouts "new and original' from that trailer. Actually, I got nothing from it, at all. What is known exactly about this game?

The genre is, yes. But, you have to admit, there's nothing that shouts "new and original' from that trailer. Actually, I got nothing from it, at all. What is known exactly about this game?

I thought the iPhone (assume it'll cover Android/Windows Phone) integration looked interesting, don't know of any games currently doing that. Although the video didn't really tell you at all what it was about/how it worked.

I thought the iPhone (assume it'll cover Android/Windows Phone) integration looked interesting, don't know of any games currently doing that. Although the video didn't really tell you at all what it was about/how it worked.

Yeah, I was assuming we'd get more info on how that worked in the video. It'll come later, no doubt. But, it would've been nice to have that info now. Or, at least, to have something substantial.

did they have Space ship customisation in that vid? hopefully its a Star Wars Galaxies, meets Fallout, meets Boarderlands type game

in reality it will turn out to be Halo (i'd even bet they'd be arrogant enough to have it in the same universe and the Halo era was the golden age)

I don't really know how the space ship fits in. It sounded like there was this one city, and the object of the game was exploring this devastated/overrun Earth.

Watching the video again, everything also looks kind of generic and boring at this stage... from the logo, to the 'main characters'... these guardians of the city, that look like very secondary characters you'd find in a Star Wars or Mass Effect game; they don't have the same coolness/presence of Master Chief at this stage.

Also regarding the city... have they learnt nothing from Majora's Mask! :p

also wouldn't it always be in partial shade.

With the Space Ship, I guess the first game in this series is very Earth based, and then towards the end... once this Orb 'wakes up' as I assume it will, you'll venture out into space (Halo 4 has an orb thing too :p), where the other games will be largely based. There's that solar system style image @ 0:15.

Voice over narrative guy is terrible.

The quote is @ 1:08.

You got to think this is their subtle way of saying it coming to Wii U despite not being able to confirm it yet.

Edited by Retro_Link
threads merged

So is this more of a MMO type game? Just seems kind of dull to me, and that's the vibe those types of games often give me.

So is this more of a MMO type game? Just seems kind of dull to me, and that's the vibe those types of games often give me.

Not an mmo appparently. Since its on PS3 and 360 it cant.

Its not a MMO in their words. but kind of like an MMO. Judging by the game footage its small scale too. More akin to Diablo or PSO perhaps. It looks interesting and could be a real winner for Activision. A full blown fps MMO might be too much for mainstream success. COD itself wasn't exactly innovative.

Dust 514 I almost have no clue about. They describe it as a MMO game but I only ever noticed 32 players max at any time. Unless I am missing something. Lots of games call themselves MMO's but lack the player count.

Little bit risky for Bungie no? I never think of it as being a hugely popular genre on consoles. I guess they have their name behind the project, but not sure it'll be anywhere near as popular (at least immediately) as Halo was, and it looks like they're putting a lot into developing it.

Little bit risky for Bungie no? I never think of it as being a hugely popular genre on consoles. I guess they have their name behind the project, but not sure it'll be anywhere near as popular (at least immediately) as Halo was, and it looks like they're putting a lot into developing it.

It should be a success. Its different from most fps.

Looks like Halo, Skyrim and Boarderlands mixed together which can only mean good things.

Looks like Halo, Skyrim and Boarderlands mixed together which can only mean good things.

Yep I am excited.

I am kind of tired of normal boxed fps games always reseting your progress for sequels every year or two years. This game will combine competitive and mission/world/story stuff together which is also interesting. I am hoping its at least using a MMO lite structure.

We need more games in this direction.