NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Also is Nano Assault an eShop game? I thought it was a retail release?

Have to say I think Cloudberry Kingdom looks pretty terrible.

It's like it's trying to be the likes of Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV etc... except there's nothing nice about it visually, and it just looks like it could just be really really frustrating, instead of challenging.

Yeah, Nano Assault Neo is one of the launch day eShop games

Have to say I think Cloudberry Kingdom looks pretty terrible.

It's like it's trying to be the likes of Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV etc... except there's nothing nice about it visually, and it just looks like it could just be really really frustrating, instead of challenging.

I'd probably throw my controller through the TV screen after playing for about 5 minutes by the look of it.

I'd probably throw my controller through the TV screen after playing for about 5 minutes by the look of it.

Wow, you are persistent! I'd probably explode after 5 seconds... :(

Not sure why they only showed the uber hardcore difficulty, but the previous trailer showed I think 6 difficulty levels. I'll just start at medium and work my way up...or down:heh:

Cloudberry Kingdom is not for me. But a diverse game library will gain Nintendo, and every gamer gains from diversity, maybe except the gamers who only play 10-million-sellers.

Ugh! So annoying that they continue to show nothing of Little Inferno!!!

You'd think with less than 2 months to go before release that, oh I dunno, you might want to actually show off the game itself?

I read somewhere that the TomorrowCorporation really wants to have Little Inferno ready for the Wiiu's launch, so we'll probably see some footage soon.

Another new game for the Wii U eShop. This time it's a Wii U edition of Puddle (previously released on XBLA and PSN)

http://gamersxtreme.org/2012/10/08/puddle-coming-to-the-wii-u-details-and-screenshots-included/

Wii U version includes optional motion controls for the puddle, off TV play support and re-worked levels from the original release. It also runs at full 1080p 60FPS (as opposed to the 720p resolution of the PS360 versions)

Looks pretty good (even though it's a blatant clone of Hydroventure)

Another new game for the Wii U eShop. This time it's a Wii U edition of Puddle (previously released on XBLA and PSN)

(...)

Looks pretty good (even though it's a blatant clone of Hydroventure)

I purchased the game on Xbox 360. It is very entertaining, but it is ridiculously hard, so I have not finished it. I have played roughly two thirds of the game. I want to finish it, because it is so much fun.

I read somewhere a couple of months ago the game's difficulty was rebalanced, made easier, for its PSV release. I think that is a good thing, and I hope the Wii U version is less difficult than the Xbox 360 version.

I never played Hydroventure, is it good, worth its price?

I never played Hydroventure, is it good, worth its price?

Hydroventure is freakin brilliant. One of Wii Ware's very best games. It has a Mario 64 style structure, as opposed to a level based design, with a nice metroidvania style of exploration (where you need to gain new abilities, skills to access areas you couldn't access before). You also have the ability to switch forms from water to gas to ice and the motion controls work superbly.

There's a sequel coming out on the 3DS eShop in December (the big new gimmick being full 360 degree motion controls, as opposed to the limited movement of the Wii Ware game)

Hydroventure is freakin brilliant. One of Wii Ware's very best games. It has a Mario 64 style structure, as opposed to a level based design, with a nice metroidvania style of exploration (where you need to gain new abilities, skills to access areas you couldn't access before). You also have the ability to switch forms from water to gas to ice and the motion controls work superbly.

There's a sequel coming out on the 3DS eShop in December (the big new gimmick being full 360 degree motion controls, as opposed to the limited movement of the Wii Ware game)

This sounds amazing! I will have to check out both of those!

Another game has been announced for the Wii U eShop, it's called Two Brothers.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/10/26/exclusive-ackkstudios-announces-two-brothers-for-wii-us-eshop-next-year/

Two Brothers is an Action/Adventure/Role playing game created in the style of Game Boy games for Wii U, PC, Xbox 360, OSX, and Linux. The gameplay is similar to games like “Secret of Mana” and “The Legend of Zelda” in gameplay. The game’s visuals are a throwback to the Game Boy era of games without strictly adhering to the limitations of the system as this game is developed for modern technology. The game will be in high definition.

SOLD!

It looks interesting, but I wonder if Nintendo might not be too happy about them stealing assets from Link's Awakening (half the sound effects in that trailer are directly stolen from Zelda LA), especially if that game is due to appear on rival platforms as well...

Parody and homage is one thing. Stealing copywrited game assets is another thing entirely.

Damn!

I think my hunger for creativity in games will be stilled by small developers getting their games on the eShop.

I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing some very intersting uses for the uPad from said developers.

They also have Missingo in the game? Does Nintendo or GameFreak hold rights on that one, as it was a bug originally?

NSMBU = 2GB

Nintendo Land = 3.2GB

List of JPN retail titles on the eShop at launch...

Launch:

Orochi 2 Hyper (Dec 8th) ¥6,300

FIFA '13 (Dec 8th) ¥7,655

Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition (Dec 8th) ¥5,480

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge (Dec 8th) ¥6,300

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Dec 8th) ¥6,280

Zombi U (Dec 8th) ¥6,300

Assassin's Creed III (Dec 8th) ¥6,930

Nintendo Land (Dec 8th) ¥4,935

New Super Mario Bros. U (Dec 8th) ¥5,985

Post-Launch

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 (Dec 13th) ¥8,000

Sports Connection (Dec 20th) ¥4,200

Simple Series for Wii U Vol. 1 (Dec 20th) ¥2,940

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498956

Those two games are bigger than I expected them to be! (NSMBU is about 5 times larger than NSMB Wii in terms of file size)

Interestingly, it says that more than 2GB/3.2GB is required to download each respective game. I hope that doesn't mean that they're doing the same stupid thing as PS3 and requiring double the amount of space for the installation process (though I guess that could just be referring to the need to have free space available for the save file as well...)

Already beat ya to it Serebii :P

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1502797&postcount=4382

img_newsoft.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/features/eshop/index.html

ll in Japanese though

Translation

Left Side

-"Menu"

-"current funds"

-"search"

-"exit"

Very Top

-"Welcome to the Nintendo eShop"

-in the search field "keyword search"

Lower Top

-"enter download codes"

-"ranking"

-"news"

Under hands

-"This is a temporary (mock-up) image"

So it seems that the eShop is also browser based and uses a similar interface design as Miiverse, though it keeps the themed categories that you get from the 3DS eShop :)

Bit weird how the website seems to be contradicting what Nintendo said before regarding transferring points over to the Wii U? Perhaps this is just referring to the old points cards themselves and how they can't be used on the Wii U directly? :confused:

The lack of specific categories on either of the option racks is a bit worrisome though. I would want to see the different store categories (Virtual Console, WiiWare, Wii U Download Exclusives, Wii U Retail Downloads, Add on Content) be visible at all times :(

A place to meet new software.

At the Nintendo eShop, you can buy and enjoy download versions of Wii U Disc Software or extra content via an internet connection. There are also free Demo's you can try out as you please.

You can also look at TV commercials or PVs, look up information on new software, check the latest popularity rankings, check out everyones comments sent via Miiverse or look at various reccomended software via a specific theme... You can discover new software in a variety of ways.

Buy

Buy there and enjoy.

You can buy and download a game you're interested in right there. For downloadable versions of Wii U Disc Software, you can buy Download Cards or Download Codes from any store that sells them, and download the software via the eShop. The procedure to download is very simple.

About Wii U Disc Doftware Download Versions ->

Buying extra contents or Usage Coupons.

You can download extra contents or Online Service Usage Coupons for the games you own. You can do this even when the game is running in the background.

*Wii Points stored in the Wii Shopping Channel cannot be used on the Nintendo eShop.

View

See videos of interesting games in high quality.

On the Nintendo eShop you can enjoy promotion videos or TV commercials for new games, and see how the game will actually look when playing, in high quality HD. You can also view the videos you like on the GamePad.

Experience

Download free demos.

You can download and enjoy a range of free demos for game software. You can try out a game that interests you before buying, or just try out a range of software and maybe find one you'll like.

Find Software.

At the opening of the eShop, a feature introducing various game software will occasionally appear. We'll show you information on software from a number of openings.

You can also search for keywords or categories to find software, or look at rankings.

Sharing Software Evaluation.

You can rate a game you've played out of 5 stars, representing how satisfied you were.

You can also look at the ratings of other people, or the comments others have made on Miiverse, to help you decide before buying.

Confirmation of HD resolution trailer streaming and the ability to use the eShop while a game is running is nice though :)

There's also confirmation that Nintendo is allowing 3rd parties to sell Online Passes and other service passes/subscriptions there on the eShop as well.

Also some info on how Wii download stuff is handled...

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1502804&postcount=4385

img_wiimenu.jpg

Looks like you can still use the old Mii Creator - so I guess that means that Wii Miis are stored separately from Wii U Miis (And since the old Wii System Settings are still there, Wii save file/Channel Management might be kept separate too...)

SD Card menu is still there, so I'd assume that the old limitations still apply with that. I can't see any mention of a bigger internal partition though (The 3DS gave you double the amount of internal storage space that you got on the original DSi/DSiXL for DSiWare titles, so I reckon it's still possible we might see this at least on Wii U)

It also seems that you still have access to the Wii Shopping Channel. So do you really have to buy Wii Ware and Virtual Console games using the same crummy old interface? REALLY!? (That also explains the discrepancy in what Nintendo was saying about points. It seems that Wii Points get transferred to the Wii U's Wii Shopping Channel and can't be used in the new eShop - so your Wii Points get sandboxed off too)

Also (going by the extremely rough Google translation), it seems that Wii Channels (the apps) can't be used. I'm not sure if that's just referring to the built in ones like Weather and News, or if that also includes the downloadable ones like Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes

Edited by Dcubed