NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

What time will Duck Hunt be available? I had a wee look for it this morning and it wasn't there :red:

Probably the normal update time, 2pm.

What time will Duck Hunt be available? I had a wee look for it this morning and it wasn't there :red:

2pm...I'm waiting to download Assassin's Creed and Child of Light! :(

Thanks guys.. I wasn't sure what time the eShop normally updated as there's generally nothing on it that I'm desperate to get my hands on :heh:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DUCKS :santa:

This week’s Nintendo downloads are as follows:

Wii U

• Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (from January 2nd) – €39.99/£34.99

Wii U VC

• Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) – €6.99/£6.29
  • F-Zero GP Legend (GBA) – €6.99/£6.29

Wii U Special Offers

• New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U – €59.99/£49.99 (Ends January 8)*
  • *New Super Luigi U is a free download if you buy New Super Mario Bros. U off the eShop until January 8th
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – €29.99/£24.99 (Ends January 8)
  • Shovel Knight – €9.99/£8.66 (Ends January 8th)

Sickened about the price reduction for Shovel Knight after only buying it last week. That's the last time I help out an indie developer by buying their game at full price.

Also that New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U at €59.99 isn't a good deal. It's freely available in CEX for €32.

Okay, so just worked out how much I needed to spend to get another voucher. £30 odd quid....

Just downloaded wild guns, Pilotwings, kurukuru kururin, pop n Twinbee, rainbow bell adventures and super castlevania 4!!

I've been hoping for a price reduction on the New Super Luigi U DLC as I gave my disc based version to my brother. Unfortunately, this latest 'offer' makes that seem unlikely for the foreseeable future :hmm:

I wouldn't mind seeing the price of Wii Sports Club go down either..

Sickened about the price reduction for Shovel Knight after only buying it last week. That's the last time I help out an indie developer by buying their game at full price.

Classy.

Once again, the gaming world doesn't revolve around what you want or when you buy. You may have bought it last week but the game was released nearly two months ago. Regardless, even at full price it's worth every penny of its budget £13 price tag.

Regarding Shovel Knight... It's the same as the 3DS version right? Just that it's available on bot platforms?

Therefore, which one should I download it on.

Wouldn't mind getting it on my 3DS seeing as it's new and shiney and looks to suit a handheld better.

Regarding Shovel Knight... It's the same as the 3DS version right? Just that it's available on bot platforms?

Therefore, which one should I download it on.

Wouldn't mind getting it on my 3DS seeing as it's new and shiney and looks to suit a handheld better.

Probably comes down to personal preference, they are both the same content wise but Wii U is in HD and 3DS has... well 3D. And true portability.

I bought it on 3DS and have no regrets.

Everybody should buy Toki Tori 2 before the sale ends. It's the best €3 I think I've ever spent on a game. You won't regret it.

Toki-Tori-2-boxart.png

Seriously people, buy it. It's only £2.50 or whatever it is in Sterling.

Everybody should buy Toki Tori 2 before the sale ends. It's the best €3 I think I've ever spent on a game. You won't regret it.

Toki-Tori-2-boxart.png

Seriously people, buy it. It's only £2.50 or whatever it is in Sterling.

People might regret it.. I did :D

but I guess £2.50 is about the lowest it is likely to ever be, so maybe worth a punt for those who are interested, best risk:reward ratio you are likely to get.

People might regret it.. I did :D

but I guess £2.50 is about the lowest it is likely to ever be, so maybe worth a punt for those who are interested, best risk:reward ratio you are likely to get.

Why did you regret it? I know you didn't finish it because if you did you wouldn't be saying that. At the start you're a bit clueless. I certainly was. Even near the end, things were only sinking in. You need to know all the musical shortcuts straight away. The games introduction could do with a reworking. It just drops you straight into the game with no explanation. I'd advise anybody starting off to perhaps watch some youtube videos.

No I didn't finish it because there were other games that I got straight away. I am still at the clueless stage, rather than satisfaction at solving the puzzles I merely felt a reduction in frustration, and when I "progressed" I didn't see in any clear way what had been achieved. Eventually I got to a point where I wasn't sure what I needed to do next.. and I didn't particularly care. I may not have finished where the developer intended me to, but as far as I am concerned I am finished with the game, and I have no interest whatsoever in going back to it because it failed on the most important thing any entertainment product must achieve - it didn't entertain me. I persevered with it a lot more than I realised, just because I was waiting for things to "click", but it never happened.

Try again. I can definitely see how this game frustrates people. Have you got all the musical shortcuts on your gamepad? To beat the game you need to collect all the orange frogs. You can also collect those golden pieces. When you're in the air looking at the world map overhead press Pppp(sorry don't have the musical notes). This will show you where all the pieces are in the world. Have you taken photos? Patience is a virtue. I definitely have that in spades I think. Trust me, if you persevere it will "click" eventually and you'll love it.

8th of January Wii U eShop releases;

Wii U eShop

Chariot (Frima Studio, €14.99 / £13.49) – An action platform-puzzler with lots of co-op elements.

Underground (Grendel Games, €19.99 / £15.99)

Crunchyroll (Free) – An anime and manga streaming app. It’s a subscription service and can be used with existing premium accounts, or new customers on Wii U can use a free 14-day trial.

Wii U Virtual Console

Dig Dug (Bandai Namco Games, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) – 60 Hz US version.

Lode Runner (Konami, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) – 60 Hz US version.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Cubemen 2 (Nnooo, €4.99 / £4.49 until 22nd January, regular price €7.99 / £6.99)

Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios, €3.29 / £2.79 until 15th January, regular price €6.49 / £5.49)

EDGE (Two Tribes, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st January, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

RUSH (Two Tribes, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st January, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Toki Tori (Two Tribes, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st January, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte, €8.49 / £6.99 until 29th January, regular price €16.99 / £13.99)

Tested With Robots! (M.R. Games, €5.00 / £4.50 until 15th January, regular price €10.00 / £9.00)

Wii U eShop Promotion

Tetrobot & Co (Neko Entertainment, €4.99 / £3.74 until 22nd January if you own Kung Fu Rabbit, Puddle or Wooden Sen’SeY on the same Wii U, regular price €9.99 / £7.49)

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment, €2.49 / £2.24 until 22nd January for users who own Tetrobot & Co. , Puddle or Wooden Sen’SeY on the same Wii U, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Puddle (Neko Entertainment, €3.49 / £3.14 until 22nd January for users who own Tetrobot & Co., Kung Fu Rabbit or Wooden Sen’SeY on the same Wii U, regular price €6.99 / £6.29)

Wooden Sen’SeY (Neko Entertainment, €4.99 / £4.00 until 22nd January for users who own Tetrobot & Co. , Kung Fu Rabbit or Puddle on the same Wii U, regular price €9.99 / £8.00)

eShop releases for the week starting (week's start on Thursday for Nintendo fans) 15th January;

Wii U eShop

Family Tennis SP (Shin’en Multimedia, €4.99 / £3.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Axelay (Konami, SNES VC, €7.99 / £5.49)

Demon’s Crest (Capcom, SNES VC, €7.99 / £5.49)

Wii U Retail Download

The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition (Activision, €49.99 / £39.99)

Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision, €59.99 / £49.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £5.99 until 5th February, regular price €39.99 / £19.99)

Ben 10: Omniverse (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £4.99 until 5th February, regular price €19.99 / £19.99)

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Bandai Namco, €2.99 / £2.99 until 5th February, regular price €19.99 / £19.99)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.99 until 5th February, regular price €39.99 / £36.99)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Bandai Namco, €19.90 / £13.99 until 5th February, regular price €34.99 / £24.99)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £6.79 until 5th February, regular price €29.99 / £19.99)

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £21.99 until 5th February, regular price €54.99 / £39.99)

Unepic (EnjoyUp Games, €6.99 / £6.29 until 5th February, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U Super Indie Connection Promotion

If you own any of these games on the Wii U you are eligible for the following promotion prices on the same system. Offer is available until 22nd January

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games, €4.79 / £3.99)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studio, €5.59 / £4.79)

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules, €2.79 / £2.39)

SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, €3.59 / £2.79)

Teslagrad (Rain Games, €5.99 / £5.59)

Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes, €1.19 / £1.07)

I picked up the Adventure Time game, despite seeing negative reviews for it. Its alright for £5, just very repetitive.

Edit - Does anyone here know if Namco actually made the DLC for this game available on the eshop? it seems they sent a press release to loads of Nintendo sites last year to announce it was out, but I can't see them ( Peppermint Butler, King Of Mars and Gunter.) on the eshop anywhere.

Edited by Helmsly

I picked up the Adventure Time game, despite seeing negative reviews for it. Its alright for £5, just very repetitive.

Me too. It seems like the perfect game for a father and son who like to sit down to watch the cartoon together as well, so for the cheap price I bought it. Just like Gauntlet and the son is well chuffed with the dialogue in it.

Repetitive, yes, but Tank Tank Tank is still getting play time in my household, and the Lego games last well beyond 100%ing them.

Me too. It seems like the perfect game for a father and son who like to sit down to watch the cartoon together as well, so for the cheap price I bought it. Just like Gauntlet and the son is well chuffed with the dialogue in it.

Repetitive, yes, but Tank Tank Tank is still getting play time in my household, and the Lego games last well beyond 100%ing them.

ha yeah, I only got this last night but my nephews will probably enjoy playing it with me. They only recently got into the show after me showing it to them for the past couple of years.

Funny you mention Tank Tank Tank, that game also gets a lot of playtime in my house, also along with Lego Marvel.

Highly, HIGHLY recommend Teslagrad if you haven't already played it.

A great mix of Braid, Limbo and even some Metroid. Beautiful game too :)

This weeks Wii U eShop releases and special offers commencing 22 January.

Wii U

Citizens of Earth – €9.59/£7.99 (Until January 29, regular price €11.99/£9.99. €7.19/£5.99 if you own the Nintendo 3DS version)

Donkey Kong Country Returns – €9.99/£8.99 (Until January 29)

Wii U VC

Donkey Kong Jr. Math (NES) – €4.99/£3.49

DK: King of Swing (GBA) – €6.99/£6.29

Wii U Special Offers

Super Toy Cars – €3.99/£3.49 (Ends January 29)

99Moves – €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12)

Abyss – €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12)

99Seconds – €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12)

Blok Drop U – €0.99/£0.79 (Ends March 18)

Is Unepic a good game? It looks good and I like its mix of gameplay from the video and its reviews on eShop, scores it at 4.5/5. But on Metacritic it's fairly average, scoring 7.2. What do people on here think of it?

Is Unepic a good game? It looks good and I like its mix of gameplay from the video and its reviews on eShop, scores it at 4.5/5. But on Metacritic it's fairly average, scoring 7.2. What do people on here think of it?

It's pretty good actually. Not amazing, very samey, humour doesn't quite always work and is a bit forced, but there's enough there if it's cheap and you have nothing else to play.

Edited by dazzybee

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends February 5. regular price €19.99/£17.99)

Metroid Prime Trilogy gives players the opportunity to experience the entire Metroid Prime story arc by bringing together critically acclaimed Nintendo GameCube titles Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, as well as the hit conclusion to the series, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, in spectacular style. Now you can return to - or discover for the first time - the rich universe of the Prime trilogy every step of the way. Immerse yourself in Samus' struggle against the Space Pirates as she encounters the all-consuming, corrupting substance called Phazon. Discover the history of the Chozo Ruins and the mysteries of Tallon IV, retrieve the Light of Aether and take on the might of the shape-shifting Ing, search and destroy the Leviathan Seeds and bring the curtain down on your bitter struggle with Dark Samus. Scanning your surroundings will enable you to piece together the mysteries of ravaged worlds, while using the full range of capabilities offered by Samus' armoured suit will help you to find new areas hidden from view and solve difficult puzzles as you upgrade and expand your arsenal along the way. The entire trilogy can now be controlled using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to take aim at a huge array of alien enemies and interact with the richly-detailed surroundings. Originally created for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on Wii, the intuitive pointer-based control scheme makes the process of delving into the darkest corners of the galaxy more immersive than ever. Just point your Wii Remote at the screen to aim at enemies and adjust Samus' outlook; moving and firing with ease as you battle to save the solar system, one enigmatic planet at a time.

Hyrule Warriors: Majora's Mask Pack (Nintendo, Add-on content) - €6.99/£6.29

Contents of the pack:

- A new Adventure Mode map (Termina) with six new 8-bit weapons and sixteen new mask-inspired costumes as rewards

- Two new playable characters (Young Link and Tingle)

- Three new costumes (Skull Kid's Clothes for Lana, and Era of the Hero of Time Outfits for Sheik and Impa)

Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €5.99/£5.39 (€4.99/£4.49 if you downloaded Abyss, 99seconds, Unepic, Rock Zombie, 99 Moves, Spy Chameleon on the same Wii U)

Get ready to enjoy Off Road races with your friends and family! Rock 'N Racing Off Road offers the most entertaining and exciting races, with loads of skids, crashes and amazing jumps. You will have several modes of play, such as Cup mode, time trial and multi-player with the option of up to 5 Players at a time, as well as an online ranking table where you can compare your best times with friends and players from around the world.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (KONAMI, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Dracula is rising once again. At the full moon, the resurrection will be complete! As vampire slayer Nathan Graves, you must storm Dracula's castle in time to save your mentor before his life force is used to restore the Count's. In this, the first Castlevania for Game Boy Advance, defeat monstrous enemies and giant bosses, and gain experience points and special abilities to help explore new areas. Combine action and attribute cards to create more than 80 unique magic spells; from fire whips to ice blizzards. Can you whip Dracula into shape?

Special offers

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia) - €3.69/£3.33 (Ends February 5, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Very solid week! Castlevania COTM is a VERY welcome surprise! (I aint even mad about not getting Metroid Zero Mission like we all expected! :D)