NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Stupid question... do all these pre-orders only take the money on dispatch? ie. you can cancel anytime?

Shopto charge on dispatch, but you can choose to pay earlier if you want. Tesco and Sainsburys are on dispatch too iirc. Not sure about the others

Great thanks, I've preordered with ShopTo (for the first time!). It says if they lower the price that I'll be charged that, rather than what I preordered at, which is cool.

I've got my fingers crossed for that too. Shopto are great. Everything I've ordered from them has arrived in time for release, usually two days beforehand! :)

I got the 3DS from Tesco and they delivered a day early, so I think they're also a safe bet. Could anyone vouch for Sainsburys?

ShopTo/TNT were great with my 3DS. I was expecting it a day early. However, TNT tried to deliver two days early. Nobody was in so they left a note saying they'll try again tomorrow.

Then the driver turned up at 8:30PM the same day with my 3DS.

My worry with ShopTo is the amountof orders they recieved and whether they'll beable to meet demand. They said they received 500 orders in the first hour.

However, I had my Wii U pre-ordered beforehand, but they canned those orders so had to do it again. Not sure how late I was but it concerns me

My worry with ShopTo is the amountof orders they recieved and whether they'll beable to meet demand. They said they received 500 orders in the first hour.

Holy Hell, when did they say that?

However, I had my Wii U pre-ordered beforehand, but they canned those orders so had to do it again. Not sure how late I was but it concerns me

Just remembered I cancelled my Zombie U bundle and reordered the premium so I'll be further up the queue :(

The 500 is probably including all 3 SKUs so should be fine really. Backup plan is run down to Grainger Games on launch day :P

I'm a bit confused here as to what bundle is the best value for money (if any).

So for £50 [say] you get...

- Nintendo Land

- GamePad Cradle

- Gamepad Stand

- Console Stand

Or for £80 you get...

- ZombiU

- Pro Controller

- Sensor Bar (which none of us need)

- Cradle

- Stand

- Stand

... so that additional £30 really just buys you a Pro Controller, are you actually making any savings with this ZombiU bundle, considering unlike Nintendo Land the game itself will also drop in price.

There's also the External Memory to factor into all these costs... say +£50 for a 500GB WD Hard Drive?

- Nintendo Land

- GamePad Cradle

- Gamepad Stand

- Console Stand

Or for £80 you get...

- ZombiU

- Pro Controller

- Cradle

- Stand

- Stand

... so that additional £30 really just buys you a Pro Controller, are you actually making any savings with this ZombiU bundle, considering unlike Nintendo Land the game itself will also drop in price.

There's also the External Memory to factor into all these costs... say +£50 for a 500GB WD Hard Drive?

For £50, you can get a decent 1TB external one :)

I have a backup plan. I have a friend who is a manager at Tesco, will just get her to get me one at midnight :D

- Nintendo Land

- GamePad Cradle

- Gamepad Stand

- Console Stand

Or for £80 you get...

- ZombiU

- Pro Controller

- Cradle

- Stand

- Stand

That's right, but I doubt you'd be able to get a Pro Controller for less than £30 for a while.

The ZombiU bundle is great for someone like me who's set on getting ZombiU at launch but not too fussed about getting Nintendo Land.

And someone who wants the pro controller at launch.

I just hope things are more clear over the next month as to what it costs and what other bundles people will do.

The Pro Controller is £34.99 on Zavvi though anyway, and I'm pretty sure come launch it'll be £29.99 somewhere.

EDIT: It's £32.99 on Zavvi.

As far as I can see the best deal so far is:

Wii U Premium Nintendo Land

£269.99 @Sainsburys using 10% code

+

ZombiU

£37.95 @Zavvi

+

Pro Controller

£32.99 @Zavvi

=

A Wii U, 2x Games & Pro Controller for £340.93

Edited by Retro_Link

Probably not. However, I want ZombiU for day of release so I will not be waiting for such a price drop. I have pre-ordered both and will make my mind up another time.

I don't think many people really want or need additional storage as yet. 8Gb should surely last a good few months - and 32 a year or so. Its not something I am looking at for launch - especially since I have a massive 32Gb SD card to use also... (it still has an SD card slot, doesn't it?)

To be honest, I want more game bundles to catch my eye. Core bundle with Mass Effect and Assassins Creed, that sort of thing

As it stands my money is going to ShopTo for the Premium bundle and purchasing ZombieU and Mario U separately. I was hoping Scriblenauts was out on launch day too. But it saves me £40 i guess,

doesn't help that Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 is out in November too.

(it still has an SD card slot, doesn't it?)

They better have not removed that! SD cards are way more convenient to me than a USB drive. At least until I one day may require more than 32 GB external storage.

Scribblenaughts will be a launch game... I don't understand where all this batman isn't a launch title etc business is coming from. Ultimately we have no idea; but Batman is a year old so SURELY, and Scribblenaughts has been confirmed for NA so again SURELY...

I have so many portable hard drives it's stupid, so storage has no interest to me whatsoever. Saying that, I still want 32G of flash for speed. Plus the fact the premium is better anyway!

At launch I'm getting AT LEAST:

Premium

Pro Controller

ZombiU

Nintendoland

NSMB U

Fifa

Black Ops 2

Wonderful 101

Mass Effect 3

Rayman

For xmas:

AC 3

Scribblenaughts

EPic Mickey 2

If reviews are good I'll pick up on or around launch poss after xmas:

Tekken

Lego City

Tank Tank Tank

Ninja Gaiden

Whatever the cheapest way of doing this is!

Forgot Sonic Racing, if that has online and is well reviewed I'll get that at launch too

Scribblenaughts will be a launch game... I don't understand where all this batman isn't a launch title etc business is coming from. Ultimately we have no idea; but Batman is a year old so SURELY, and Scribblenaughts has been confirmed for NA so again SURELY...

I have so many portable hard drives it's stupid, so storage has no interest to me whatsoever. Saying that, I still want 32G of flash for speed. Plus the fact the premium is better anyway!

Premium

Pro Controller

ZombiU

Nintendoland

NSMB U

Fifa

Black Ops 2

Wonderful 101

Mass Effect 3

Rayman

For xmas:

AC 3

Scribblenaughts

EPic Mickey 2

Tekken

Lego City

Tank Tank Tank

Ninja Gaiden

Forgot Sonic Racing, if that has online and is well reviewed I'll get that at launch too

Nintendo said third parties will decide whether or not their games hit launch or not and it's up to them to reveal it. Most haven't yet and so people think "ZOMG DELAY"

Premium

Pro Controller

ZombiU

Nintendoland

NSMB U

Fifa

Black Ops 2

Wonderful 101

Mass Effect 3

Rayman

For xmas:

AC 3

Scribblenaughts

EPic Mickey 2

Tekken

Lego City

Tank Tank Tank

Ninja Gaiden

After reading how many games you plan to buy on or right after launch, I wonder: How many games does people here buy for each console during its lifespan?

The reason I ask, is that a person buying 20+ games for one console, should not have a reason to complain about the console price, because the start cost is really small compared to the total entertainment cost for each console.

Does the above make sense?

I buy 15 games on average for each console. I estimate my shelf contain:

• 15 SNES games
  • 25 N64 games
  • 30 GCN games
  • 5 X360 games
  • 15 PS3 games
  • 20 Wii games
  • 5 GB/GBC games
  • 10 GBA games
  • 10 NDS games
  • 5 3DS games

Lately I have been thinking, that because I buy so 'few' games per console, I should try to manage with one console next generation.

After reading how many games you plan to buy on or right after launch, I wonder: How many games does people here buy for each console during its lifespan?

The reason I ask, is that a person buying 20+ games for one console, should not have a reason to complain about the console price, because the start cost is really small compared to the total entertainment cost for each console.

Does the above make sense?

I buy 15 games on average for each console. I estimate my shelf contain:

• 15 SNES games
  • 25 N64 games
  • 30 GCN games
  • 5 X360 games
  • 15 PS3 games
  • 20 Wii games
  • 5 GB/GBC games
  • 10 GBA games
  • 10 NDS games
  • 5 3DS games

Lately I have been thinking, that because I buy so 'few' games per console, I should try to manage with one console next generation.

Hmm, let's see

NES: 6 (we sold our old NES and I just got a second hand one)

SNES: About 25

N64: About 25

GCN: 45

Wii: 40

360: 36

PS3: 6

GB©: 30

GBA: 32

DS: 48

3DS: 9

Wow...no wonder I don't get any action lol

You can also see around when I got a job :p

Creepy... Serebii's game number list looks eerily similar to mine! (except I only have around 8 360 games and about 15 odd 3DS games, not counting downloads - that's not exact BTW, I'm not at home right now to count)

I missed out completely on non Nintendo consoles (aside from Dreamcast and a mate's Mega Drive) until around 2006 when I started picking up PS1 (mostly via the PS3's PS1 classics service) and PS2 games.

Virtual Console has been fantastic for me! So many classics that I never got the chance to buy before, with some so rare/expensive that I could never justify buying the physical version (hi Castlevania Rondo of Blood and Magical Drop 3!)

Edited by Dcubed

gamessx.jpg

This many!

this picture was taken in July, I've since purchased 2 Wii, 2 DS, 1 3DS games.

Hmm, let's see

NES: 6 (we sold our old NES and I just got a second hand one)

SNES: About 25

N64: About 25

GCN: 45

Wii: 40

360: 36

PS3: 6

GB©: 30

GBA: 32

DS: 48

3DS: 9

Wow...no wonder I don't get any action lol

You can also see around when I got a job :p

Big collection!

gamessx.jpg

This many!

this picture was taken in July, I've since purchased 2 Wii, 2 DS, 1 3DS games.

Insane collection!

Both of you probably have a lower per-game-total-cost than me, so this strenghtens my will to try to manage with fewer consoles per generation from now on. The cost of my Xbox 360 at launch, and one additional controller, to just play 5 DVD games and 5 downloaded games, cost more than I am willing to spend in the future.

What I hope I will do, is to buy Wii U, four Pro Controllers, and in time, one additional ScreenPad, and to be able to use all the accessories on a regular basis. That will be easier and more economical with one, or maybe two consoles, than all three.