NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

@Darren, Amazon have already settled on £220 by all accounts. Tesco and ASDA will start to nobble at that, the basic version will settle at £189, but like most supermarket deals you'll have to buy a game from them. That's effectively what happened with the 3DS online started at £220, and soon got to, if I recall, £179.99 if your got a game at the same time.

Amazon have already settled on £220 by all accounts.

Amazon have settled on £250 and £300.

It looks like everywhere is currently settling on £250-£260 for the basic and £300-£310 for the premium.

@Darren, Amazon have already settled on £220 by all accounts. Tesco and ASDA will start to nobble at that, the basic version will settle at £189, but like most supermarket deals you'll have to buy a game from them. That's effectively what happened with the 3DS online started at £220, and soon got to, if I recall, £179.99 if your got a game at the same time.

You are utterly insane. The basic package won't be less than £200, trust me, I hope you're right. And you said YOU'D get the wii for that price, imagine you'll get the bigger more expensive black one :)

If the prices settle at £229.99 and £279.99 I think that'd be good going.

Oh, and amazon upped it to £249.99 hours ago.

You are utterly insane. The basic package won't be less than £200, trust me, I hope you're right. And you said YOU'D get the wii for that price, imagine you'll get the bigger more expensive black one :)

If the prices settle at £229.99 and £279.99 I think that'd be good going.

Oh, and amazon upped it to £249.99 hours ago.

After what i've seen today I find it very unlikely we'll see the Premium model anywhere below £250, which is a shame but I kinda expected this would be the case. I just hope my order with Amazon holds out, if so then I got the best deal today. I should be happy, but now i'm filled with worry :(

Ah, I wasn't aware it had a multiplayer (apart from finding you friends' messages and bodies). The Pro controller is probably only usable in multiplayer, then.

Yeah the GP Pro is used in a 2 player mode where one player watching the TV and using the GP Pro controls a character and player 2 controls a horde of Zombies with the UPad.

Don't know how much I'd end up using that...but a Pro pad might be hand down the line....ack choices...ggggrrrr

Shopto still have Premiums going for £296 for pre-order. And they say they will honour pre-order prices.

Well...not exactly.

Pre-order this product and should our price drop between now and the release date, you will automatically be charged the lowest amount. If our price should increase for any reason, your order will not be affected and we will honour your original pre-order price.

Well, i believe if it says it on the pre-order pages then i guess so.

Well, i believe if it says it on the pre-order pages then i guess so.

The price was originally just under £280. They cancelled everyone's pre-orders.

Shopto still have Premiums going for £296 for pre-order. And they say they will honour pre-order prices.

You also get £7 worth of points as well.

I preordered a console and 4 games with them last night, but i'm still hoping the prices drops a fair bit.

I've gone with Shopto also... ZombiU Pack for £325. That'll do!!! Can only hope it'll fall a little lower. I'm glad to hear that NintendoLand comes packed with this too.

I've gone with Shopto also... ZombiU Pack for £325. That'll do!!! Can only hope it'll fall a little lower. I'm glad to hear that NintendoLand comes packed with this too.

Does it? Guess I may as well get that bundle then.

Does it? Guess I may as well get that bundle then.

Well Amazon lists the ZombieU pack as -

Box Contains

Wii U console with 32GB memory storage unit

Wii U GamePad

Wii U Pro controller

3-Months Nintendo Network Premium

NintendoLand game

ZombiU game

HDMI cable

Wii U AC adapter

Wii U GamePad AC adapter

So can only assume that's the same for all retailers.

Box Contains

Wii U console with 32GB memory storage unit

Wii U GamePad

Wii U Pro controller

3-Months Nintendo Network Premium

NintendoLand game

ZombiU game

HDMI cable

Wii U AC adapter

Wii U GamePad AC adapter

So can only assume that's the same for all retailers.

3 Months? I thought it was meant to be till Dec 2014

MCV wrote this yesterday.

Nintendo and Ubisoft have teamed up to create a special ZombiU launch bundle for the UK and Europe.

The SKU was confirmed by Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata during today's Nintendo Direct, during which the platform holder announced it will release its next console on November 30th.

The ZombiU Premium pack will contain a black 32GB model of Wii U, a black Pro Controller and a copy of Ubisoft's hotly anticipated survival horror game ZombiU.

It is not clear if this pack will include NintendoLand like the standard Premium pack, but it's unlikely.

I'm hoping it does though. On Shopto it says premium model + ZombiU game so that would indicate that you do get Nintendoland still. ::shrug:

I'm hoping it does though. On Shopto it says premium model + ZombiU game so that would indicate that you do get Nintendoland still. ::shrug:

Well I'll keep my pre-order with them for now, on the assumption that it's included, When the dust settle's and other retailers are offering packs, it'll be a little more clear.

Ideally I'd rather get NintendoLand bundled than paying for it full price.

3 Months? I thought it was meant to be till Dec 2014

I think December 2014 may have meant when you stop getting it.

Gone onto my Shopto account and apparently a load of my preorders are "no longer available" including the Wii U I preordered last night, can't re order it seems to be getting an error.

It's not just Wii U stuff though, Ni No Kuni is gone as well :(

Edit: Never mind, they're back. Site must've broke.

Edited by Ike

Have Amazon removed the ZombiU pack...I can only find the Basic and Premium packs?

Hmm I'm wondering when a store will finally put up the prices in € , no store seems to have already determined a price in any other country than the UK.

My Shopto preorders were going to be taken down so I just cancelled them and pre-ordered the ZombiU Pack instead.

If the ZombiU Premium Pack does indeed come with NintendoLand aswell, then that would be an excellent launch day deal.

It isn't Nintendo's fault. The EC forced them to be like this

I keep seeing people say this and it's not correct.

Nintendo were not found guilty of price fixing for setting recommended retail prices. In one case Nintendo were found guilty of artificially keeping prices high by threatening to withdraw support from retailers if they sold the goods below a certain price.

In the big case though, Nintendo were guilty of illegally preventing retailers from selling their games from one EU state in a different EU state. This act infringed on the European Union Free Trade Agreement.

There's a good reason why this is illegal as it's incredibly anti-competitive. Most stores bought their stock outright direct from Nintendo so they technically owned the goods until they were sold. Some times this doesn't happen, with Playstation Vita being the recent example for Game and Gamestation as they were on loan from Sony.

Nintendo have gone from one extreme to another and are playing it a little too safe. There is nothing wrong with announcing a recommended retail price, companies still do it within the EU.

Edited by Debug Mode

N way will the zombi u pack have nintendo land in it. They won't throw in zombi u and a pro controller for £25. Zombi will replace Nintendoland and we'll be paying £25 for the pro controller.