NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Never mind what you've pre-ordered, but consider where you've preordered. Zavvi are absolutely shit at hitting release dates. I rarely use them and when I do its only ever for old stock stuff.

Took them 6 weeks to deliver my Ratatouille Blu-Ray!

Never mind what you've pre-ordered, but consider where you've preordered. Zavvi are absolutely shit at hitting release dates. I rarely use them and when I do its only ever for old stock stuff.

I ordered blu-ray off them once. Four days layer there was no sign of dispatch. So I cancelled and ordered elsewhere.

This week's deal for customers who have pre-ordered with Zavvi or TheHut is Rayman Legends for £19.95. Check your inbox for the unique code!

Edited by welsh_gamer

This week's deal for customers who have pre-ordered with Zavvi or TheHut is Rayman Legends for £19.95. Check your inbox for the unique code!

Impressive. They surely must lose at least 10 pounds per sale!?

I wish we had deals like that in Norwegian stores.

What? Why am I not getting these codes? Are they universal codes? If so could you print them?

What? Why am I not getting these codes? Are they universal codes? If so could you print them?

Nah they are unique to each account. Contact them or double check your Inbox and Spam folders.

Nah they are unique to each account. Contact them or double check your Inbox and Spam folders.

ended up emailing them. Rayman for £20 is impossible to ignore.

This might have already been discussed but if it has I can't find it. For anyone that pre-ordered the black Wii-U from Amazon back in June for £199 then had it cancelled, get onto Amazon and they should honour the price for your new order!

This might have already been discussed but if it has I can't find it. For anyone that pre-ordered the black Wii-U from Amazon back in June for £199 then had it cancelled, get onto Amazon and they should honour the price for your new order!

Really? I assume they'll only honor the base pack though?

Really? I assume they'll only honor the base pack though?

Nope the premium one :smile:

My boyfriend had already placed a new order for the premium one at the higher price, so I called up and asked them to honour the price quoted in June. It took a while as she had to check with a manager, and she did try telling me prices are only guaranteed for 7 days, but once I mentioned their pre-order price promise she quite quickly changed her tune and said yes they will honour it.

Our order has now been updated showing the premium console at £199.99.

This was a week or so ago but it should be the same for everyone that placed the original order.

Yes, I saw many people on another forum managing to get their £199 order re-instated. You can go on a 'live-chat' thing on Amazon with a customer service rep, and basically the key is to be stubborn and insist they honour the original order.

@Katie, you had a far more lenient guy than I have ATM. He is not budging, but I shall not give up!

How did it go? It was a bit weird how they tried to brush me off a few times then when I again mentioned it was a pre-order she quickly said yes. I thought she was just lying to get rid of me at first.

@Katie, I am still dealing with them! They're not budging but had admitted people have had June orders - incorrectly - honoured.

Just don't mention my name then :heh:

I'm so jealous ye were able to get that price...ggggrrrrr, well done

@Katie - phew, all done. The chat services would not budge, but telephone customer services did it right away. No fuss. WiiU £199 - I told @dazzybee I'd get one for less than £200 (still gotta work out how I'm going to shave £20 off that price ot win our bet!).

How are Amazon for hardware pre-orders though? My other orders are with Shopto - anyone had experience of hardware pre-orders with them, do they arrive Wednesday/Thursday? Not that I'm willing to pay £100 extra for delivery a couple of days early.

@Katie - phew, all done. The chat services would not budge, but telephone customer services did it right away. No fuss. WiiU £199 - I told @dazzybee I'd get one for less than £200 (still gotta work out how I'm going to shave £20 off that price ot win our bet!).

How are Amazon for hardware pre-orders though? My other orders are with Shopto - anyone had experience of hardware pre-orders with them, do they arrive Wednesday/Thursday? Not that I'm willing to pay £100 extra for delivery a couple of days early.

Hooray glad to hear you got it sorted in the end!

I think Amazon are good but the couriers sometimes let them down, when we ordered the Wii it was dispatched but the courier didn't deliver it on time. I'm hoping now that I'm a Prime customer I'll get it on launch day.

Hang on. Surely you couldn't claim to win the bet (even though you still won't), we were talking about how much the wii u costs, and it clearly costs a hell of a lot more than £179.99. £230 is the CHEAPEST it's n sale for. The fact some people get it for less on a technicality is great, but hard to argue that's its price.

But either way. It doesn't matter. Even with amazon being incredibly generous, you STILL won't get it for the price you said!

I also think amazon will serve the £199 people last :)

I also think amazon will serve the £199 people last :)

Haha, no I think our orders will be prioritised, especially now that Amazon have experienced the persistence/demands of the likes of @david\.dakota :heh:

If I can commit myself to spending the best part of a Sunday evening trying to save £100, I am definitely going to kick up a stink if my WiiU is late.

Zavvi have ZombiU @ £37.95 (Amazon are at £49.95!)

And with a 10% off voucher code:

Description Availability Price Qty Gift Wrapping Subtotal

ZombiU (Wii U)-Games Wii-U Preorder now £37.95 1 £34.16

Z 10% Oct 12 1 -£3.79

Total Delivery Cost: £0.00

Total: £34.16

:grin: