NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Right, sod Shopto and their "rolling" 2 week shipments. Still no word from them on stock, delivery estimate and where the hell I am in the queue (if anywhere!). I'm booked in now for HMVs midnight launch, £20 deposit paid and they guarantee launch. Saw it in store today during lunch and couldn't resist! It'll work out a bit dearer, but I'll just live off industrial grade pasta for the next month!!

:D

I'm getting the ZombiU bundle for £329.99

Basic is £250

Premium somewhere in between but I can't quite remember what he told me.

In other words, it's the same as Shopto's original prices before they decided to lure people out of the queue with offers they weren't sure they could fulfil!

I have zombi u at £300 with shop to. Can't wait til we all know for certain what the hell is going on!

42? What are you doing playing video games old man? :)

You getting a wii u or going to wait for the software?

Cheeky sod I'm kicking ass and taking names! :angry:

Not super excited yet which is unusual as I've bought every Nintendo console on launch day since the SNES but I fell out of love with Nintendo after the Wii failed to meet my gaming needs and got a PS3. I will not get this at launch but if it excites me in the future I may reconsider.

Damn! Beat me by 5 years!

Woohoo I win! :)

Beat me by a bit more than 5!

One question: how does age help with the price of the Wii U? :p

OAP discount? :shakehead

Whats this? I'm outta the loop. Is there something wrong with our orders?

It's just they won't promise us launch day yet, they only know their stock for the first two weeks :/

It's just they won't promise us launch day yet, they only know their stock for the first two weeks :/

That's shocking. So how do we know if we are getting one for launch? Do we get an email or do we have to wait till launch day and see if one arrives?

That's shocking. So how do we know if we are getting one for launch? Do we get an email or do we have to wait till launch day and see if one arrives?

Supposedly, they're gonna send you a ticket telling you when yours is due to arrive...

If you ordered early you'll be okay, but they're not replying to emails... I'm going to call them soon and see what the hell is going on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who NEEDS to know if he's getting one or not

Supposedly, they're gonna send you a ticket telling you when yours is due to arrive...

Surely those of us who ordered when the price announcement was made will be fine? Right? Right? :(

Just hope they do before the 29th so I can get my backup ready

Surely those of us who ordered when the price announcement was made will be fine? Right? Right? :(

I'm hoping so. I hesitated for an hour due to having already pre-ordered it, then they did their whole cancel thing...I did it before they sent tickets out though

Just checked my order and it was done on the 13th Sept. That's when you had to cancel the old orders and reorder one at the new price, so fingers crossed I should be okay.

It's only silly people like me that switched to the cheaper bundles a few weeks ago that need be concerned. Pretty sure Shopto will see to everyone that got theirs in at the price/date announcement and has stuck with it.

Watching that IGN review of NSMBU made me so glad I've got a backup plan tho!

I know a lot of people are using Shopto for their Wii U, but I'm giving them a wide berth. When I used my debitcard to order White 2 the price and delivery were great, but my card was cloned/details some how obtained and I nearly lost £200 by a fraudster trying to withdraw the money.

I've placed a preorder at GAME, but intend to purchase from Tesco on launch night.

Do people think turning up at a Tesco in London on launch night/morning will be good enough to come away with one no probs? I've gone for the ShopTo preorder a couple of months ago but I'd quite like to get it in store like Game or something.

Do people think turning up at a Tesco in London on launch night/morning will be good enough to come away with one no probs? I've gone for the ShopTo preorder a couple of months ago but I'd quite like to get it in store like Game or something.

Guess it's a good thing I'm not in London. ;)

Hmmm might work. Depends how big and popular a Tesco it is. How central are you?

If it doesn't work, you can always leg-it to a Blockbuster store first thing in the morning. I was in a right mess when the Wii came out - ballsed-up my preorder, tried every shop in town and then Blockbuster came through! No one thinks to go there! They only had two delivered mind.

Of course the hubris in Blockbuster these days is similar to Borders on its last gasp and now GAME, so it could be a whole different ball game.

HMV's prices are the same as Tesco and they guarantee (midnight) launch with £20 deposit!

So, Amazon France are selling the Premium at 315 euro, that's about £253.80 if your credit card doesn't charge for foreign exchange. Tempted to cancel my Sainsbury's pre order even if it does take a few extra days to get here.

EDIT.

Someone talk me out of it, I'm about to do it... where's me credit card T's&C's!!

EDIT EDIT: Credit card transactions abroad incur a 2.75% fee. [Natwest MasterCard] BALLS!!!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: £1.25 per debit card transaction... umm, I'd still save about £13-£14 which is better than kick up the arse!

Edited by madeinbeats

I've not pre-ordered a console with ShopTo before, So could anyone tell me when THEY take the money out of your account? I know you have the option to pay it off, But I'm just waiting to let them do it, But need to transfer some funds to my current account.

What's the usual take money date prior to launch?

I've not pre-ordered a console with ShopTo before, So could anyone tell me when THEY take the money out of your account? I know you have the option to pay it off, But I'm just waiting to let them do it, But need to transfer some funds to my current account.

I ordered my 3DS XL with them. They took the cash when they started processing it

They'll take it when they ship it.

When it comes to most games I've ordered off them, they'll ship it about 3-4 days before launch (with the game arriving 1-2 days before its actual release date)

With the 3DSXL however, they shipped it the day before release and it arrived on release date - so I'd hazard a guess that they'll ship the console out on the 29th, for arrival on the 30th.