NEurope
Caris

Does the Wii U Classic Controller Pro have rumble?

Does it?

I keep find conflicting reports on the interwebs and I thought someone on N-E might know?

I'd be amazed if it didn't too. I don't think I've actually used one to confirm though.

No, as far as I'm aware it doesn't have rumble but that could change before launch. The main tablet controller does have rumble though.

Hasn't been confirmed. That no-one has noticed rumble with hands-on demos doesn't really mean anything - it's a secondary controller so such features aren't exactly a priority for devs when it comes to building demos for road-shows.

The GamePad has rumble, so it's obviously still a feature Nintendo uses. I'm not sure I'd be surprised if the Pro controller didn't have it because it's not going to be a primary focus for most developers.

I don't know if I even notice rumble anymore in controllers at all, now that I think about it?

I don't know if I even notice rumble anymore in controllers at all, now that I think about it?

I didn't really think I missed it that much until I played Wave Race: Blue Storm one day with my normal Gamecube Controller rather than the Wave Bird.. and it felt a lot more satisfying battling against those waves.

I don't think the Wii U Pro Controller will have rumble but I really hope it does and that it isn't as weak as the rumble found in the Wii Remote :hmm:

I didn't really think I missed it that much until I played Wave Race: Blue Storm one day with my normal Gamecube Controller rather than the Wave Bird.. and it felt a lot more satisfying battling against those waves.

I don't think the Wii U Pro Controller will have rumble but I really hope it does and that it isn't as weak as the rumble found in the Wii Remote :hmm:

That's a good point actually, I don't think the Wiimote's rumble is as "strong" as other controllers were. I remember getting the Rumble pack with Lylat Wars and that was just pure awesome.

I must dig up one of my old standard GC pads so and play something with that instead of the Wavebird.... but I like the wirelessness of the WB :heh:

I was reading the Wii U thread at gaf and i saw some post quotes of people who used the pro pad and confirm it has rumble. Take that as you will. You'd think there would be an information page somewhere detailing the pad.

I think the Wii's weak rumble and the 3DS's (understandable) lack of it have made people forget how important it is! It's great to hold an official GameCube pad in your hands, with the rumble helping you locate secrets in Ocarina of Time, or just generally making a game more immersive. It's one reason (perhaps the only one), I can't quite consider OOT 3D the definitive version.

Another point is that I doubt the Wii U GamePad will have as strong rumble as the GameCube, as it's sort of like a handheld (at least in my mind).

When I played it it didn't appear to have any rumble, and it felt too light to have it in and not being used. But who knows what will be in the final version. I hope they add it if it isn't already there!

I always turn rumble off, it annoys me! I prefer a steady hand.

You make it sound like you're holding a jackhammer :P

With the amount of backlash Sony got for not having rumble in their PS3 control pad I doubt Nintendo will make the same mistake.

You make it sound like you're holding a jackhammer :P

I like to have my controller very steady! Anything that might lead to failure in my games causes my rage-o-meter to rise.

I've never had rumble affect my aim. I find the hit detection from rumble to be very useful.

I find it a bigger issue that it doesen't have analogue triggers.

Makes the Wii U, yet again, completely useless for racers.

I find it a bigger issue that it doesen't have analogue triggers.

Makes the Wii U, yet again, completely useless for racers.

Well considering the Wii had the best selling racing game of all time and it's sequel will no doubt be appearing on the WiiU, I'd say the WiiU will be pretty good for racers.

Plus, they've already confirmed Project Cars, which looks like a multiformat GT game.

Well considering the Wii had the best selling racing game of all time and it's sequel

Kart games are a very different breed to car games.

I can't even imagine Burnout Paradise/NfS:Most Wanted without analogue triggers.

Edited by Cube

Forget racing games, how the hell are GCN VC games gonna work without those analog shoulder buttons/triggers!? (never mind the digital click!)

51908-forside.jpg

Are they really gonna make us have to require owning one of these?

Plus, they've already confirmed Project Cars, which looks like a multiformat GT game.

Need for Speed is also rumoured to be heading to the Wii U.

When you consider the price of the Wii U Pro Controller suggested in the Japanese Nintendo Direct this morning, surely it has to have rumble..? ::shrug:

Well considering the Wii had the best selling racing game of all time and it's sequel will no doubt be appearing on the WiiU, I'd say the WiiU will be pretty good for racers.

I see a few flaws in your reasoning. That we'll get a new Mario Kart hardly means that it's somehow covered for racers. Or do you think that the Wii U will have a sufficient game library if it just gets one good game per genre? Nintendo consoles have been drawing the short stick when it comes to driving games since the N64-era.

Analogue triggers are a necessity for more serious racers. While Cars will appear on the format, the loss of analogue triggers will probably make this the worst version of the game.

Thirdly, Cars to my understanding is hardly a GT-style game. Cars seems to be a super-serious racer, where you drive a select few race cars with preset specs. GT and Forza are all about buying just about any car in the world, from a wobbly Saab 99 to a monstrous Bugatti Veyron, and then upgrading them to acheive insane results.

And fourth, Cars is Multi Platform. Yes, it's great that we'll be able to get what everyone else is getting and not feeling left out. But where the fork are the exclusives? Why not want a racer that makes good use of the Wii U's capabilities to the fullest?