N-Europe

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Retro_Link

That was a much better episode! :)

The previous two have been pretty terrible and I honestly didn't know if I'd give up on the show as much as I wouldn't have really wanted to.

It still played out a bit predictably/is a bit cliche... but that was a big step forward. But more of this please.

I think they're trying to force too many 'jokes' in and especially out of Coulson.

Like the van scene yesterday when they radioed in the name of the van, and he was all 'next time I'm picking the name'.

I think at times it just feels way too lighthearted and care-free for what the show is actually about. I don't think they've found the balance yet. But Ep.4 was an improvement.

I like this show, but I think I was expecting more from it initially.

I was hoping / thinking that it would be a show in which the episodes link together and play out one big scenario across the season, much like other TV Shows, but this seems like it's going to be a villian / plot of the week each week. I know we're not that far into it, and there are many more episodes to see this season that may link together for one major story.

But yeah so far it's like I go into watching it thinking "Wonder what mischief that lovable Coulson is going to get into this week!", rather than... "Oh man I can't wait for them to explain what happened last week!".

Hopefully it'll change.

I like this show, but I think I was expecting more from it initially.

I was hoping / thinking that it would be a show in which the episodes link together and play out one big scenario across the season, much like other TV Shows, but this seems like it's going to be a villian / plot of the week each week. I know we're not that far into it, and there are many more episodes to see this season that may link together for one major story.

But yeah so far it's like I go into watching it thinking "Wonder what mischief that lovable Coulson is going to get into this week!", rather than... "Oh man I can't wait for them to explain what happened last week!".

Hopefully it'll change.

Episode 4 wasn't resolved at all, other than finding and releasing female Nick Fury. We don't know who they are or what they are doing.

Episode 4 wasn't resolved at all, other than finding and releasing female Nick Fury. We don't know who they are or what they are doing.

Same for whoever was behind Project Centipede in episode 1... wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being the same group?

They are probably still setting things up and (hopefully) a "main story" arc will evolve as it goes on with a few standalone eps in between (like episode 3).

So far though the main mystery is still "what did really happen to Coulson" between "the magical place of Tahiti" in eps 1 and 2, his apparently lost "muscle memory" in ep 3 and end of ep 4, Amadour saying he's not the same as when she knew him before???? The plot thickens :D

Hydra or Aim inevitably will be the bad guys, we just need to know which characters will be involved that's the only surprise

Coulson's back story could be good

Is there any other organisation from the comics? Or maybe they will create something new for the show?

I'm just thinking since both of those were already used in the films maybe they'd go for something different?

Though with AIM being used in (and destroyed in?) Iron Man 3, maybe a revival of Hydra would be more likely?

Speaking of which at the start of ep 4, with all the guys walking round in red masks, did anyone think/hope that was gonna be Red Skull related. Damn I got so excited for a few mins thinking it was some sort of Red Skull Cult that was trying to find a way to bring him back

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Really enjoyed the new ep, definately felt like they were giving us the next part in the main story arc.

Also Rith Negga appearing (an looks like she might be in a few eps), didn't know she was gonna be in this (she was in RTÉ's show Love/Hate for 1st two seasons....which is on US Netflix by the way, just saying ;))

Anyway

Great to see our first proper "gifted" (read, Mutant) character, for a moment I was think he might be a new Pyro, but Scorch was a good name even if he did only last one ep :(

Wonder if'll they'll introduce Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch through the show so they don't have to explain much in Avengers 2?

SKy getting found out I wasn't expecting, thought maybe she'd get away with it but May would be suspicious and Coulson would continue to defend his choice. Didn't expect her to get found out till towards the end.... but also didn't expect that backstory about her parents so that does make things interesting (slight backstory crossover with Peter Paker, makes her "With Great Power" line in the first ep a bit funnier :D). Looking forward to see how that bracelet effects her in the next ep, maybe prolly Coulson will turn it off at certain times when he needs her to work but all other times she's not allowed near tech.... hope she doesn't go into the cockpit of The Bus at any point :heh:

Did like how she seems to have come to understand how her Rising Tide activity might not be as "benefical" to the world as she originally thought. Understanding that some information should be kept secret if it protects people.

She'll probably feel guilty about Scorches death too after Coulsons jab of "if we got here sooner we might have saved him" (can't remember exact line).

Also loved when Scorch had May and Coulson pinned down and refers to himself as Scorch and Coulson is like "Great they gave him a name" as if the receiving of a name is the moment a person makes the choice to be a Hero or a Villian (or I guess in Scorches case not much a villian just super pissed off)

I hate them not being able to use the term mutant...

I don't think it works.

The problem is made greater by the fact that non of The Avengers are mutants, so 'gifted' or whatever they want to use hasn't been explained at all... And now it's like... why do these other people have superpowers.

They set it up like it's the New York incident that is responsible for everything that's now happening, but now we have people who just have powers.

I thought the episode was a bit meh tbh.

Edited by Retro_Link

The problem is made greater by the fact that non of The Avengers are mutants

Hulk is!

Also you could argue Hawkeye is.

I liked the episode. Stuff at the end was cool. Kinda wish the names we were hearing of people were people I/we could recognise though. i.e. I think Scorch was made for the show, when there were probably a lot of MARVEL characters they could have chosen it to have been.

Break next week is booo....but I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway because of Extra Life.