N-Europe

The Happy Days Mafia

Jimbob

Incidentally, Sheikah, you say that we can't base anything on your behaviour because you've only played a couple of games, but you're saying that you do the same for me... how does that work if you've only played a couple of games against me?

I read through quite a few Mafia topics and gauged the way you play from that.

In one of them I was extremely active because I had time, but in previous games I've been even less active than the Happy Days mafias (again for IRL reasons).

Ugh, ca'man. For the last time, I am not accusing you of lying about your RL activities. I am just saying I will never know if you are genuinely inactive for a reason or not. Therefore I will judge you by the way I expect you to act. If you don't like that then it's your responsibility to not come across as different. In fact that's part of the bloody game as a Mafioso - appear as you would normally. Don't look suspicious. Inactivity = suspicious, I don't care for the reason. There's no point trying to justify it with reasons outside of the game. It's not cruel, it's just realistic.

Put it this way, suppose some player who isn't being genuine comes along and plays in a Mafia game. They get told they're a Mafioso and then tell people they'll be barely active for the next few weeks. Now their inactivity won't register on quite a few people's charts as they have given a reason. I personally don't agree with this.

Should you really be judging my participation based on what you've seen me do in two games? And if so, why shouldn't others do the same for you?

Again - above. I've read quite a few Mafias so I have a reasonable understanding of how you play.

(that was why you were lynched, in my opinion - Cube thought you were acting like you did in the other game when you were maff).

Which as I rightly pointed out was foolish - people don't have any concept of my style yet (maybe they do now), I've only just dipped my toes into Mafia.

I think the mafia all played well. Considering you were repeatedly questioning two of them from day 1 and you didn't lynch either of them I would say they did very well to convince you to go for others. We got two (or three?) town lynches and, like I said, nobody ever suspected me apart from you, and the reasoning behind that was a little flawed in my opinion. Tales did play well, but with the advantage of seeing how both the mafia and the town played, I think the mafia were stronger.

Well then this clearly sums up the lack of attention you paid to the game. None of the Mafiosos played well, in my opinion (Peeps and Animal outed almost instantly, only not lynched due to lack of cohesion in town - but then Town being overall ineffective doesn't necessarily make the other side good!)

The game almost certainly wasn't going be won by town based on mr-paul's succinct analysis:

So what we have is...

The game started with 10 players. Mafia have four votes. Kill one person, majority is five. They just need one person to vote with them to lynch someone. Really not fair.

Put short, there's no way we would have had the time (or people left alive) to analyse you all thoroughly and collate our views to put out meaningful lynches in what was always going to be a short and one-sided game. So we were always going to look like headless chickens here.

Edited by Sheikah

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read through quite a few Mafia topics and gauged the way you play from that.

You haven't read enough, then, because if you had you'd know I'm not always as active as I was in the parliament mafia! My activity bounces up and down, and this was a down spiral. That's why you were the only person who was going after me - other players know how I play and didn't accuse me because it wasn't any different than normal. As you're quite new to these games I can undersatand you not knowing my play style so well. I'd just advise you don't get so hotheaded about it!

However, you're still missing the point. You didn't accuse me of being suspicious, you simply asked why I was less active than you thought was usual. THEN you called it bullshit. Do you see the difference? That's why you got annoyed. You simply asked why I was posting less, you never mentioned suspicions.

Well then this clearly sums up the lack of attention you paid to the game. None of the Mafiosos played well, in my opinion (Peeps and Animal outed almost instantly, only not lynched due to lack of cohesion in town - but then Town being overall ineffective doesn't necessarily make the other side good!)

Errrrrrm...no. Why were Peeps and Animal outed? Animal was accused by Tales after he blocked him on a night with no kill. There wouldn't have been a kill either way - Tales was lucky with his target. Had he targeted, for example, you Sheikah, he would've gone after you instead on day 1, as there wouldn't have been a kill and you would've been blocked. He wasn't outed because of a fault he made - the town got lucky. There was no poor play from Animal that revealed him, simply a lucky target.

And Peeps? He came out as a Roleblocker early on - that was a gamble to try and get a townie lynched. He revealed he'd stopped Jonnas and then said that Jonnas was the killer. And, seeing as that resulted in a successful townie lynch, I'd say the gamble paid off. Yes, it raised suspicion, but it also lynched a townie.

In fact,I advise you read back through the thread knowing that Animal, Peeps and myself were mafia. You'll notice us gently steering votes, especially towards you on the day you were lynched. Remember, I voted for you because I was 'angry' - I wasn't at all, we were just lynching a townie. Nobody picked me up on it next day for suspicious voting - I thought that was a pretty good play.

I should've known yiu were mafia Dohnut. You weren't asking for protection every night ;)

Haha which game/games did that happen in? I usually only do that when I'm an investigator, or a mafioso who just wants to stop protectors from blocking kills :D I'll make sure I do it more in future!

And Peeps? He came out as a Roleblocker early on - that was a gamble to try and get a townie lynched. He revealed he'd stopped Jonnas and then said that Jonnas was the killer. And, seeing as that resulted in a successful townie lynch, I'd say the gamble paid off. Yes, it raised suspicion, but it also lynched a townie.

My evidence against Peeps was that I redirected him to someone who was killed (whether or not Peeps did the killing isn't important) and had a double vote like myself. When I was killed and it was revealed I was town it painted a big arrow pointing at Peeps, as the notion of two town double voters is ludicrous. But instead attention turned to Cube, thus my claim of town retardation.

Indeed. I absolutely agree that at that point he was incredibly suspicious - he definitely should've been lynched then. I still can't believe he wasn't! I was just making the point that The Peeps didn't play badly, and wasn't outed by any extra evidence until a day or two after he was first mentioned. I was trying to show that he had played well to get a townie lynched, and while he was outed on the first day it was a great play from him/us as it helped us win.

But yes, I do completely agree with you. Although it's worth mentioning Peeps didn't kill once all game! (I killed last night to ensure we reached you, as I was the least suspicious so wouldn't be roleblocked.

You haven't read enough, then, because if you had you'd know I'm not always as active as I was in the parliament mafia! My activity bounces up and down, and this was a down spiral.

That's not the case from most of the topics I've looked at. And obviously I was pointing out your inactivity because I was suspicious of you. Should be obvious even if I didn't say it. Also inactivity is a general thing to watch out for, the fact you were inactive is enough to suspect you might be Mafia.

That's why you were the only person who was going after me - other players know how I play and didn't accuse me because it wasn't any different than normal. As you're quite new to these games I can undersatand you not knowing my play style so well. I'd just advise you don't get so hotheaded about it!

Please, cut the patronising act. From where I'm standing you were uncharacteristically inactive. And lo and behold, Mafia you were. You can claim real life circumstance til the cows come home, to me your behaviour was odd because you didn't say you would be inactive in advance and also when I called you out you were mysteriously able to be active. Fairly happy I picked up on this if nothing else.

Errrrrrm...no. Why were Peeps and Animal outed? Animal was accused by Tales after he blocked him on a night with no kill. There wouldn't have been a kill either way - Tales was lucky with his target. Had he targeted, for example, you Sheikah, he would've gone after you instead on day 1, as there wouldn't have been a kill and you would've been blocked. He wasn't outed because of a fault he made - the town got lucky. There was no poor play from Animal that revealed him, simply a lucky target.

Wrong. I was a protector and he would have known that if he targeted me. Either way Animals posts were very Mafia, and Peeps revealed being a role blocker thus making either him or Tales Mafia. And you were quite inactive (not a good thing to be if you want to appear town). Hence why I don't think any of the Mafia played that well (along with a lot of town. As I say I think there was only one 'good' player in this short game and that was Tales.

And Peeps? He came out as a Roleblocker early on - that was a gamble to try and get a townie lynched. He revealed he'd stopped Jonnas and then said that Jonnas was the killer. And, seeing as that resulted in a successful townie lynch, I'd say the gamble paid off. Yes, it raised suspicion, but it also lynched a townie. [/Quote]

IMO bad and reckless play as it made him appear Mafia along with animal. Yes this didn't result in a lynch, but for that blame overpowered Maf (if Peeps didn't have double vote I wouldn't have been lynched and we could have gunned for you guys) and also EEVIL as if he went with the rest of us and voted Animal, he would have been lynched and we could have then gone after Peeps. EEVIL's break from the vote was basically the point where we lost the game.

In fact,I advise you read back through the thread knowing that Animal, Peeps and myself were mafia. You'll notice us gently steering votes, especially towards you on the day you were lynched. Remember, I voted for you because I was 'angry' - I wasn't at all, we were just lynching a townie. Nobody picked me up on it next day for suspicious voting - I thought that was a pretty good play.

Hahaha. Look At the people who got me lynched -ALL of you guys! (and Cube who I think it's fair to say was off track). So how on Earth can you continue pretending that you skillfully steered the vote (when only one townie voted me) and not that the game was horribly unbalanced? Dohnut, from my short time here I can see you love to gloat about things. I remember you doing something like this with @Rummy before and I got the same impression. Maybe instead of trying to take credit on this one you should try gain some perspective:

Picture what should have been the likely event. You guys kill on N1. You now have 4 votes out of 9 players. D2 - unlikely the tracker or cop spotted the killer (2 in 10 chance). You guys could have just made stuff up about your roles. Doesn't even matter if a town lynch happened here. N2 - kill someone. D3 - Mafia = 4 votes out of 8 players. Game pretty much won.

I'm quite surprised you've made no comment on how ridiculous the setup was and how you seem to be taking the outcome as purely a measure of your 'great' play (it really wasn't).

@EEVILMURRAY as I and others have previously said, you didn't get on side and were effectively the deathblow for town. Slightly surprised that you're still not seeing this. I don't think you realised we all suspected Peeps too but were also sure of Animal? We had to vote one first, obviously, and you not voting Animal to me suggests you had probably only identified 1 Mafioso while others had identified 2.

@EEVILMURRAY as I and others have previously said, you didn't get on side and were effectively the deathblow for town. Slightly surprised that you're still not seeing this. I don't think you realised we all suspected Peeps too but were also sure of Animal? We had to vote one first, obviously, and you not voting Animal to me suggests you had probably only identified 1 Mafioso while others had identified 2.

What can I say, I wasn't convinced. But instead of helping me out on someone who according to you everyone else identified as mafia, you continued to hold your vote on someone where the majority had not identified. I'm not going to say I may have contributed to the downfall of the town but I'll be damned if you're going to lay this "deathblow" bullshit on me.

I'd consider the lynching of Cube the so-called deathblow. In the face of two clearly suspected mafia members attention turned to someone was suddenly thrust into the spotlight. Which the town lapped up like lil doggies.

@EEVILMURRAY You were the death blow dude, Animal was Mafia and you didn't get with us. You can't argue we should have all removed our votes from a Mafioso, surely?

We believed Peeps and Animal were Mafia, but Animal was obviously considered most suspicious so we went with him first. I don't see how this is in any way retarded play in any way because we were right. Also you can't have expected every person to log on and change their vote to Peeps say, 30 mins before day end, so when you saw your first choice wasn't holding most votes you could have switched to Animal if you had realised he was Mafia. Its unfortunate but that was basically the nail in the coffin.

If you had gone with Animal he'd be dead, next day would have been Peeps. And I can tell you I would have voted Dohnut long before you, Tales or mr-paul.

I still don't see how Animal was that suspicious, he was about fourth or fifth on the list. How you seemingly weren't even questioning others, along with pressuring me into lynching Jonnas, is what made me certain you were mafia, which in turn cleared Animal.

I still don't see how Animal was that suspicious, he was about fourth or fifth on the list. How you seemingly weren't even questioning others, along with pressuring me into lynching Jonnas, is what made me certain you were mafia, which in turn cleared Animal.

Whaaa? Animal had the exact same amount of evidence on him as you had on me. If anything, the fact that Sheikah was pushing for me while ignoring Animal incriminated him!

Whaaa? Animal had the exact same amount of evidence on him as you had on me. If anything, the fact that Sheikah was pushing for me while ignoring Animal incriminated him!

That's what led me to believe that none of the roleblocked people were the killer, and that it was a ploy to kill both roleblocked people.

It was pretty much his manner. Dohnut should know as he pretty much singled me out in my first proper game (Lego Maf) based on a single post. Once you see that post (Or posts, in Animal's case) it becomes so obvious.

Tales had the belief because he role blocked Animal. I had the belief from it not being Jonnas who was scum after he was lynched and also Animal's posting style (although Tales saw this too). Paul checked me out and knew I wasn't scum. The writing was on the wall for him.

The way he wrote didn't help. He could just have straight out said he was mafia for all I cared. And you didn't help that's for sure :p And I never joined in the Jonnas lynch for obvious reasons.

I didn't actually check you out, well I thought I was but was told instead you targeted Dohnut, hence why I was asking Dohnut if anything had happened to him. If he had any sense as a good mafia, he could have said he was hurt by something and that would have set me against you! When Animal then came out with similar info, that he was a tracker, I knew we both couldn't be town.

Unfortunately you saying your target was protected (I thought to be me) as well as Peeps claiming he role blocked you said to me there was a reasonable chance that you couldn't perform your role (and coinciding with no night kill, you seemed the most likely). For me it was kinda 'lynch one of them to at least clear things up' so that even if you were town we knew at least who to gun for next. I felt like whichever one of you was town probably wouldn't be night killed that night since you were drawing potential hostility from the Mafia, so we had to get our hands dirty to get the answers.

I didn't actually check you out, well I thought I was but was told instead you targeted Dohnut, hence why I was asking Dohnut if anything had happened to him. If he had any sense as a good mafia, he could have said he was hurt by something and that would have set me against you! When Animal then came out with similar info, that he was a tracker, I knew we both couldn't be town.

Another messed up bit of game here. I targeted myself for protection that night but Jimbob didn't see my PM so randomly (I assume) sent me to Dohnut. I PM'd Jimbob saying I actually targeted myself and he apologised and conceded that yes, I targeted myself. But it seems he didn't PM you to inform you I actually didn't target Dohnut...

At that point it wasn't worth the risk. We were close to winning by then, and while I could've lied and said I was attacked, for all I knew you had information saying otherwise and you were trying to catch me out. That's why I just went for the truth - it was the safer option :)

Sheikah - we are clearly never going to agree, so there's no point arguing. I think we played well as mafia, you don't think we did. You're entitled to your opinion, but I DO disagree with it. Either way I think we can both agree that the town didnt play THAT well, and that was at least a contributing factor to the mafia win (splitting votes and not actually lynching Animal or Peeps despite everyone apparently knowing they were evil).

Btw - my activity is going to be up and down for the next few mafia games. And it doesn't mean I'm mafia! I'm just busy - I'm warning you now.

@EEVILMURRAY You were the death blow dude, Animal was Mafia and you didn't get with us. You can't argue we should have all removed our votes from a Mafioso, surely?

Yes, we know he is mafia now, but back then things weren't so clear to me. And yes, I shall argue you could've removed your votes. Stranger things have happened. This is how things stood at the time.

1] You suspected Animal and Peeps, but Animal a little more. Voted for Animal.

2] I heavily suspected Peeps but didn't suspect Animal. Voted for Peeps.

Just because I didn't bend it over and take it up the ass based on your word (You are not Aqui1a) and change my vote does not mean I'm entirely responsible for the town loss. For all I know you all voting could've been mafia and Animal was town and was set up in an elaborate scheme. Naturally you can claim transparency now, but during the game things are not so black and white.

Also you can't have expected every person to log on and change their vote to Peeps say, 30 mins before day end, so when you saw your first choice wasn't holding most votes you could have switched to Animal if you had realised he was Mafia. Its unfortunate but that was basically the nail in the coffin.

Without going back to check the times of my post, I'm fairly confident I left ample time for people to consider the evidence and make their own minds up.

If you had gone with Animal he'd be dead, next day would have been Peeps. And I can tell you I would have voted Dohnut long before you, Tales or mr-paul.

And yet you got shat on before all of the above. And I must confess I was finding your behaviour rather suspicious during the game*, which is one of the reasons why I was reluctant to trust you and change my vote.

*And the whole "You acted like this in another mafia game" debacle was most entertaining. I don't think this topic would've reached as many pages if you all didn't go off on that tangent.

Yes, we know he is mafia now, but back then things weren't so clear to me. And yes, I shall argue you could've removed your votes. Stranger things have happened. This is how things stood at the time.

And that's why. You didn't see it, and if you had then then we could have started to lynch the Mafia. Character judgement is a big part of the game, a lot of people twigged Animal (his posts were quite obvious) so rather than this being 'town was retarded' as you said, it was more 'you didn't get it'.

No, you weren't the entire reason town failed but the turning point that basically hammered the nail in the coffin was you not getting onside, hence me lynched instead of Animal.

Sheikah - we are clearly never going to agree, so there's no point arguing. I think we played well as mafia, you don't think we did. You're entitled to your opinion, but I DO disagree with it. Either way I think we can both agree that the town didnt play THAT well, and that was at least a contributing factor to the mafia win (splitting votes and not actually lynching Animal or Peeps despite everyone apparently knowing they were evil).

Clearly not. Still find it quite funny that you are feeling pleased with yourself despite me and several others pointing out how cripplingly unbalanced this game was and still seemingly failing to acknowledge it.

Btw - my activity is going to be up and down for the next few mafia games. And it doesn't mean I'm mafia! I'm just busy - I'm warning you now.

Taking my advice on getting it in early I see. :p Don't worry, I will interrogate anyone I deem quite inactive, as any good player should. Inactive people slip under the radar easily and you don't get much information from them, so it's important to keep on top of them.

Also you completely ignored my response to you saying the Mafia steered the vote of others to lynch me! No one except Cube lynched me, the rest was all you Mafia! Shows what masters of persuasion you were. ;)

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

And that's why. You didn't see it, and if you had then then we could have started to lynch the Mafia. Character judgement is a big part of the game, a lot of people twigged Animal (his posts were quite obvious) so rather than this being 'town was retarded' as you said, it was more 'you didn't get it'.

This may be based on your information there, as based on the information I had it was more obvious Peeps was mafia. I'm a stubborn lil bitch like that. My retarded comment was mainly due to the fact that after claiming how certain we were that several people were mafia (Peeps and Animal) everyone decided to create the majority and slam the lynch on Cube and yourself. It simply boggles me how this attitude changed so quickly.

No one except Cube lynched me, the rest was all you Mafia! Shows what masters of persuasion you were. ;)

Shows what an impressionable lil bitch you are too ;)

Now hug me and let us put this all behind us.

lol no worries. With regards to going on information, as well as evidence pointing to him I felt Animal's posts were strongly overpowering any information and sometimes you have to just analyse people themselves rather than the information they tell you.

Sheikah, just putting it out there, there's no way YOU'D know my behaviour in Mafia games that well as I took a very long break from the games so there's no way you analysed my behaviour or anything like that from previous games unless you started reading months back. If you did, that's cool but I'm just saying: I play different in every Mafia game. It's good to try out different tactics so you stay alive for your team to win (I've only learned this not long ago myself). I can act like I did previously and I'm town, I can be quiet and I'm town, I can act Mafia and I'm not (just like you did in this game and someone pointed that out too) so really, you couldn't have analysed my behaviour from any previous games unless you've been doing it for absolute ages. I don't deem myself as an expert but I'm learning that sometimes, it's a good idea to act differently and sometimes, it's best to keep your cards close to your chest.

Having said that, I thought you played quite well considering it's been a couple of games but really, you didn't play so brilliantly yourself in my opinion. You were supposed to be town and you played like you were Mafia, gunning for one person and then the next and then acting aggressive, and not by purpose since you said you always play the same way. You may say it was because you had passion for the town to win but it came off as you being very aggressive towards Nintendohnut and myself. Also, you saw that there was no hope that anybody was going to change their votes to me and lynch me and I would have thought that you and Tales would have jumped on The Peeps and bagged a Mafia kill that you both also saw but you didn't.

I think that we played quite well considering it was a short game. I knew there was no way in budging you or Tales and you guys were so fixated on lynching me. I needed Cube to believe I was Town just for hope's sake in you guys doubting yourselves about me and changing your minds. I would have been in deep shit if Cube decided I was Mafia and went for me or if EEVIL changed his mind and went for me so I acted like you really pissed me right off with automatically pointing the finger at me on the first night (and Nintendohnut is right- I PURPOSELY went for no kills on the first night and was going to use non-kills because I thought you guys would pull some kind of stunt like you did. Think about it, Sheikah. If Tales roleblocked you on the first night and there were no kills, everybody would have been on your ass. It was just lucky that he went for me instead). So with the obvious protector lynched, we were free to move in on EEVIL and kill him, the double-voter, which would leave us in the clear to kill anybody and end the game. Luckily for us, Tales went for Cube and I just pretended I got an Evil result so me and Peeps just followed and then Nintendohnut sealed it just in case. Thinking about it, what I thought at the time may have gone very wrong and EEVIL may have gone for me instead and I would have been lynched and then Mafia would have been screwed. However, you thought Peeps was Mafia on the off and I'm pretty sure, if you went for Peeps instead, Tales would have followed as would have mr-paul and then you'd have had a Mafia kill.

Also, there wasn't any evidence pointing to me except for you getting lucky. As I said, things would have been the same for you if Tales decided to go for you and there was no kill on Night 1. It was mere coincidence more than anything and it was a plan that backfired. I will admit that I wasn't my best since there were holes in what I thought at the time but in the end, it worked and we pulled it off. You may disagree, Sheikah, but I think we did well considering Peeps and I were automatically on everybody's radar from the very start. Not a lot of times that Mafia can say they're still alive even though they were suspected all the way through the entire game so yeah, we did do well. The game isn't about convincing who voted for you, I couldn't give two shits if you thought I was Mafia if I'm honest, it was more about convincing those who believed I was Town in the first place and those who had day powers (i.e. double-voters) and you did me a favour by acting aggressive, lmao.

Either way, it was a very good game and everybody played their part well in my opinion. Well done to all! :D

Like I said Animal, I don't think anyone played that well (myself included) other than Tales. Although this is in part because the game was over so quickly due to imbalance. So I don't see why you're stating I wasn't that good when I never suggested that.

Evidence, evidence, evidence. The game isn't all about evidence, and you can never KNOW someone is Mafioso even if you have 'evidence'. It can be false. You can claim to 'know' someone is Mafia based on clearly Maf posts just as you can if someone claims they investigated them. No one really knows until the mod confirms it.

There was no luck to identifying you as Mafia btw - your posts screamed Mafia and this was not me comparing your behaviour to previous games (unlike I did with Dohnut). Look back to where I said your posts sounded Cabaret for proof of that. It was clear to me purely from this game that from both your inactivity and then the way you posted that you were Mafia. Dohnut used the very same logic to find me out in one of my very first posts in the Lego mafia. It works dude.

Generally I have noticed people rely far too heavily on evidence, character judgement should really go hand in hand with it.

Edited by Sheikah

Wrong. I was a protector and he would have known that if he targeted me. Either way Animals posts were very Mafia, and Peeps revealed being a role blocker thus making either him or Tales Mafia. And you were quite inactive (not a good thing to be if you want to appear town). Hence why I don't think any of the Mafia played that well (along with a lot of town. As I say I think there was only one 'good' player in this short game and that was Tales.

Apologies if I sound patronising, it's not intentional. However, you do seem to be purposefully missing my point.

First though, I need to ask - why would Tales have know you were a protector if he'd tried to roleblock you? Roleblockers don't also find out their target's power, otherwise they would also be an investigator, which Tales wasn't.

More importantly, I only used you as an example. Tales could've targeted anyone on night 1, but he went for Animal. THAT is where the suspicion on Animal came from. Not from the way he posted. Not from anything he said. It started because of that piece of information. If Tales had targeted mr-paul, Cube or EEVILMURRAY on night 1 to be roleblocked, there still wouldn't have been a kill. Then the town would've gone after them instead.

Remember, too, that Peeps had to come out with his roleblocking information not only in the hope we'd get a townie lynch (we did, which was great) but also to distract from the lucky piece of evidence you had on Animal. If he hadn't done that, Animal would've undoubtedly been lynched. Yes, it was risky, but the risk paid off, as his move managed to stop Animal being lynched, AND take out a townie.

I really do feel the mafia are understating the fact they had to convince a grand total of one of us to vote along with them in order to lynch a townie. In that case, it makes the townie with the double vote way too important.

I don't think anyone in particular had a great game, I definitely didn't.