N-Europe

The Happy Days Mafia

Jimbob

I regret not being able to get into this game properly - Olympics - but there's a couple things I am slightly annoyed about, which is a shame because there seemed to be a lot of thought put into the theming, but -

• I wasn't given a chance to send in a target first night - less than 24 hours.
  • I was told I was an investigator. I was given a tracker result. Questioned Jimbob and he didn't seem to know the difference and in the end got no resolution of what I atually was!
  • The last night I received no PM back, but no indication if I'd been blocked, or what? Then the mafia had basically won.
  • Where did two kills come from the last night?

Just seemed a little bit too easy for the mafia to win. I know it's hard to get the right number of mafia in a ten person game, but it seemed over way too quick!

I look forward to your next one, Jimbob :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most retarded town ever. Peeps is shown to have a double vote and admits targeting a victim on the night they died (whether he did the killing isn't that important) and then after a town double voter is killed you simply disregard that fact* and move onto Cube!? We fucking deserved to lose.

*This is after spending half the topic debating the existence of town having two roleblockers and, of all things, Sheikah's mannerism in a previous mafia.

Most retarded town ever. Peeps is shown to have a double vote and admits targeting a victim on the night they died (whether he did the killing isn't that important) and then after a town double voter is killed you simply disregard that fact* and move onto Cube!? We fucking deserved to lose.

*This is after spending half the topic debating the existence of town having two roleblockers and, of all things, Sheikah's mannerism in a previous mafia.

Well you have no one to blame but yourself. Sure Peeps was Mafia, but if you paid attention you'd have noticed Animal was clearly Mafia too. Both in behaviour and for similar reasoning - he was apparently roleblocked on N1 and there was no kill.

Instead of voting Animal with the rest of us you split the vote to Peeps, someone I had every intention of voting the next day anyway. Your vote was essentially wasted, and that hurts more because you had a double vote.

If you voted Animal N3 with the rest of us he would have been lynched and I wouldn't. You have to pick your battles, there's no point splitting the vote if no one else is going to join in.

Great game everybody. My first win as a Mafia! Wahey! Nintendohnut and Peeps are fucking evil, lmao!

Also, just going to put it out there, I told the truth the entire time but the only thing I did lie on was my alignment. All of my targets and the role I played were absolutely true.

Also, I don't really get how you guys knew I was Mafia in the first place. I know you all roleblocked me on the first night but literally, I didn't target or kill anybody then. My only kill was Yvonne. So really, I played a true game as a Mafia, haha.

Animal was so clearly Mafia and acting it really badly. :p

Not that bad, evidently! ;)

Still, no clue how you guys thought I was Mafia in the first place though. I guess it did look a bit weird not killing anybody on the first night but I thought it'd throw the game up a bit. Guess I now know why Mafia kill on the first night, lmao.

Sheikah, you were an absolute bastard! haha. You were awesome though! Tell a lie, I did lie once and that was when I said about playstyles. I tried a different approach before and it never worked so I just played the way I usually play. The way you saw me play in this game is how I always play. Only been Mafia twice so can't really say much about playing as a bad guy.

You guys did really well though but seriously, I thought the game was over on the first night!

Also, Jimbob, the game was brilliant. A few hiccups (as you know) considering it was your first game, it was brilliant! Really enjoyed playing it!

Indeed, i loved running it. Considering it were my first game creation, it didn't go as bad as i expected it to be. Yes i got confused with roles, yes i got confused with information. But i had fun.

I went for Animal, Peeps and Dohnut as mafia because i felt it was something different, and yet everyone gunned for Peeps and Animal within seconds of the game starting. And no-one thought to kill either one of them, which is strange. Heck, i didn't want the game ending quick so was thinking on something. But alas, it were not to be.

I gave both the mafia and town a double voter and an untargetable person. Thinking it could be fun, and it was fun.

Okay, let me say a few things...

- I WAS extremely busy last week, and it was deadline. I didn't know it was going to be that busy until it happened.

- I would've posted just as much/as little no matter what alignment I was. Not because I was being suspicious, but because I was busy.

- That said, I posted several times in the thread despite being busy. I was certainly more active than some players. And I certainly wouldn't class myself as inactive. Inactive is not posting for an entire day phase and then not sending a target etc. I posted several times in the thread, when I had a time.

- I have a job, a girlfriend, and lots of extra work to do as well as my job. I can't sit online all day every day and answer questions that people are asking in a forum game. I love the game, and this forum, but it's not going to take priority when I have a job. That doesn't mean I need replacing!

- I played up a lot to your posts, Sheikah, to sound more annoyed than I was (which worked). However, it did annoy me slightly that you asked why I was less active than in another game, then said you didn't care about the answer! I really, really appreciate that you apologized (I was a little annoyed), and if you could try to keep it at the same level you did after that I think that would be awesome :)

I felt I played quite well despite being busy in real life. When I was questioned I brushed it off and seeing as the only suspicion I raised was because I was too busy IRL, I think I did pretty well!

We actually didn't target anyone for a kill night 1! If Tales had targeted anyone else but Animal we would've won even easier - you spent so long going after the people who were Roleblocked that if you'd Roleblocked someone else we would've voted for the lynch as well!

Incidentally, the reason we didn't target anyone was because the night ended before the 24 hour period was up. For the record, Jimbob, you can't end a night phase early! If you're going to be busy, extend it, don't shorten it! Other than that I think you ran the game quite well. The town were a little silly with their lynches, and much too eager to vote people off. EEVIL could've completely ruined the game for us, but was so focused on lynching Peeps he didn't pose a threat to us.

Okay, let me say a few things...

[rant]

All of this reasoning is fine and well, but I will suspect you regardless if there is a change to the way you play. As I say, I'll never know if you really are busy or not, nor do I really care; I am a player of the game and will examine the way you behave against what I consider is 'normal' for you. For me it wasn't "Who is the most inactive" but "Who is behaving the least like you might expect them to". In terms of inactivity I have all the reasons you have too, in fact possibly more (I'm doing a very intensive PhD), yet I still manage to check the forum a few times a day. It's more or less extended periods of nothingness from a player that should trigger everybody's attention. Inactivity is a fairly consistent hallmark of a Mafioso.

I felt I played quite well despite being busy in real life. When I was questioned I brushed it off and seeing as the only suspicion I raised was because I was too busy IRL, I think I did pretty well!

lol, you barely had a presence. I think such a short game is hard to win for town (especially when our double voter didn't get on side), so the result doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't say many people played well here except Tales who had it right nearly all the time.

We actually didn't target anyone for a kill night 1! If Tales had targeted anyone else but Animal we would've won even easier - you spent so long going after the people who were Roleblocked that if you'd Roleblocked someone else we would've voted for the lynch as well!

Incidentally, the reason we didn't target anyone was because the night ended before the 24 hour period was up. For the record, Jimbob, you can't end a night phase early! If you're going to be busy, extend it, don't shorten it! Other than that I think you ran the game quite well. The town were a little silly with their lynches, and much too eager to vote people off. EEVIL could've completely ruined the game for us, but was so focused on lynching Peeps he didn't pose a threat to us.

If that's the case, taking this early night end into account and everything else (mixed up roles, ability descriptions) I think it's fair to say this game was kinda weird in the way it was run and the information people were told, so I'm not sure how much we can take from this. I'm pretty sure Mafia will always opt to make a kill on night 1 (you only didn't due to Jimbob's technical error) so I wouldn't have expected anyone to entertain this possibility. Well done for Tales picking up on this being an odd thing for Dohnut to come out with though, shame we didn't pursue it.

Our logic wasn't actually that bad because it DID lead us to address 2 of the people invovled in this 'roleblock and roleblockee' network - Animal and Peeps. It's just unfortunate I pushed Jonnas based on what seemed most logical. It could have quite easily gone the other way, I feel.

Lastly, I'll say it's all to easy to judge if you're a Mafioso with all the information at hand. ;)

Edited by Sheikah

Can anyone answer any of my questions?

Was I roleblocked the last night?

Why was there two kills?

@Animal I knew you had to be evil as I had the exact same role as you and confusion over whether I was actually a tracker or investigator. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for a moment because I thought one of us may be tracker and the other investigator, but then decided you must be evil. Shame our double voter didn't get behind us.

Shame our double voter didn't get behind us.

Ayup.

Probably for a small player game double voters could be left out.

Still, I had fun. Still making my own Mafia at the moment, I'm creating videos for each character. This is going to take a while, I've only done a fifth of them. :p

I'm expecting at least a month until I'm ready to start my game.

I knew you had to be evil as I had the exact same role as you and confusion over whether I was actually a tracker or investigator. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for a moment because I thought one of us may be tracker and the other investigator, but then decided you must be evil. Shame our double voter didn't get behind us.

Ah! Well, that explains you and to be fair, I'd have come to the same conclusion as well. But what about the others? It was like as soon as the game started, they knew I was Mafia and I didn't even post, even though I was roleblocked and didn't do anything, lmao. If someone said to me they roleblocked somebody on the first night, I wouldn't have trusted them so what made you guys trust that information?

Ah! Well, that explains you and to be fair, I'd have come to the same conclusion as well. But what about the others? It was like as soon as the game started, they knew I was Mafia and I didn't even post, even though I was roleblocked and didn't do anything, lmao. If someone said to me they roleblocked somebody on the first night, I wouldn't have trusted them so what made you guys trust that information?

There was no kill and I roleblocked you, I thought it warranted further questioning so I came forward with it. I don't see why that is difficult to understand.

Jimbob miscounted, the Sheikah death was the lynch for the previous day. Jimbob probably just threw it together with the night kill because he realized it when the night was almost finished anyway.

I was going to post Sheikah's death earlier, but realised that as soon as i started the day and Cube had all the mafia lynch him at once there wasn't a need to do so, so combined it.

And Cube roleblocked you on the last night, he took you to a basketball game. Hence why he was out of town that night.

It was based on us believing Tales and Peeps were roleblockers from what they said. You were one of the targeted, as was Jonnas, thus people believed one of you two to be the killer who was stopped. It's not hard evidence but in a short game we all kinda knew we had to act quick.

Later you were posting in a way that seemed kind of cabaret villain to me so I was certain. :p

Agreed, two double voters in a small game give too much power to two players, even if they are on opposite sides. Basically, if mafia kill the double voter, they win the game.

Yeah. Town double voter is relatively weak compared to a Mafia one - Mafia have the power of unity and can effectively end the game a day earlier than usual, and lynch quicker than town can. For instance, if EEVIL had changed his mind and voted Animal with the rest of us the Mafia would still have reached majority on me sooner so I'd be dead.

I was going to post Sheikah's death earlier, but realised that as soon as i started the day and Cube had all the mafia lynch him at once there wasn't a need to do so, so combined it.

And Cube roleblocked you on the last night, he took you to a basketball game. Hence why he was out of town that night.

For the record: I targeted mr-paul and I had no idea that I would Roleblock them or that I would be affected by it. I was just told that I would protect them from any power.

Another thing: was The Peeps immune to my protection, unless I used the two-use anti-poison power? I had no hint as to when I should use it. I was waiting for someone to post that they were poisoned as I was expecting a delayed kill power.

A good first game, but a couple of kinks to work out.

Yeah, it's best for the mafia to be roughly one fourth of the roster, and when a precise number can't be found, look at the powers, how easily they can control the game/gain majority (ditto for townies) and readjust their numbers.

In this case, I thought there were 2 mafiosos in a 7-player game, which justified the initial busy conversations, and the awesome powers everyone had.

Turns out there were only 10 players and 3 mafiosos, but Peeps' double vote was a huge advantage.

Also, here's a tip, Jimbob: don't comment or give your personal thoughts out loud, no matter how vague or unimportant they might seem. I try to avoid it even on the mafia forum. Seriously, you might give something away even if you don't realise it.

Actually Animal had suggested in the forum that we didn't kill anyone night 1. If Tales had targeted someone else this would've worked absolutely perfectly, with going after the two people who were apparently role blocked and lynching two townies. Tales got lucky with his target in that situation - we wouldn't have killed anyone even if the day phase started at the normal time. The only difference was that we didn't have time to send in our other, non-kill targets.

Incidentally, Sheikah, you say that we can't base anything on your behaviour because you've only played a couple of games, but you're saying that you do the same for me... how does that work if you've only played a couple of games against me? In one of them I was extremely active because I had time, but in previous games I've been even less active than the Happy Days mafias (again for IRL reasons). Should you really be judging my participation based on what you've seen me do in two games? And if so, why shouldn't others do the same for you? (that was why you were lynched, in my opinion - Cube thought you were acting like you did in the other game when you were maff).

Just something to think about anyway.

I think the mafia all played well. Considering you were repeatedly questioning two of them from day 1 and you didn't lynch either of them I would say they did very well to convince you to go for others. We got two (or three?) town lynches and, like I said, nobody ever suspected me apart from you, and the reasoning behind that was a little flawed in my opinion. Tales did play well, but with the advantage of seeing how both the mafia and the town played, I think the mafia were stronger.