NEurope
bryanee

Guardians of the Galaxy

- Excellent and expansive cast.

- Proven dark and comedic director.

- Interesting and non-standard characters.

- A different genre for the MARVEL movies, and a fairly little explored genre (comedy-sci-fi)

I feel only pity for people disinterested by this. :)

I'll probably watch it but I don't see the excellent and expansive cast or how any of the characters are interesting.

It just looks like any other meh movie to me. Don't get me wrong, it could well be great but I don't see that it looks great... I could well be in for an awesome surprise.

Actually, Marvel must be doing something good. When this was announced, I didn´t care for it at all. I don´t know the characters, and all I thought was "a fucking raccoon??". I didn´t want to see that in the same universe as Iron Man and Captain America. But than my brother told me this wasn´t meant to be taken seriously, which I guess can be said of everything Marvel, though this more than the rest. So I saw it in a new light, and also thanks to the excellent cast.. I´m actually very much looking forward to it now.

Pretty much what I thought too, although I reserve my judgement on the raccoon and the Ent until I've seen it.

But than my brother told me this wasn´t meant to be taken seriously
I wouldn't take aliens invading New York and Gods who ride across rainbow bridges to teleport via... more rainbows... thanks to a man who can see the entire universe with the naked eye, too seriously ;)

Just think of Guardians as Marvels Star Wars, Groot as Chewey and Rocket as an Ewok and then it's much more believable :p

Yeah, but you know what I mean. It´s supposed to be more tongue-in-cheek than the others. Thor had lots of humour too, but it was still set in seriously presented fantasy world. I expect the style to be very different in this one. Anyway, I´m done expecting, I´ll go see for myself when it´s out.

I'm surprised to see the full trailer not posted yet...

Well now that was a better trailer but now I don't think the film looks excellent. I think I'll give it a pass because I don't really want to watch the Disneyfication of another genre I love. They make fast food movies and I can only take so much junk.

Seems a bit more safe than the other trailer, but still awesome.

How come Incredible Hulk gets no mention in the "From the Studio that brought you" bit at the begining

Just got back from watching it. Here are some non-spoiler thoughts that I'm putting in a spoiler box anyway.

I absolutely loved it. The characters were brilliant, it was hilarious (some bits were hard to hear because everyone was laughing so much), the action was impeccable and the visuals were gorgeous. The 3D was actually really good, too. Oh, and the soundtrack is perfect.

My favourite film in the MCU and I want to see it again next week.

Edit: It was bugging me where I knew Yondu (Michael Rooker) from. He was the creature in Slither (great film). I instantly recognised Gregg Henry as being from Slither. There was also supposedly another cameo of someone from Slither, but I somehow missed it.

Edited by Cube

Good to hear. I'm really looking forward to this, it looks awesome in a non-serious way!

How did you see it early?

And since you have seen it... without giving anything away... bonus scenes? One or Two? Mid and/or actual End of credits?