• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently:

Barcelona 0-1 Celtic

Manchester United 0-2 Braga

Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 Chelsea

What the fuck is going on?

Only the top score surpises me (and it doesn't in a way). Shakhtar are very hard to beat at home and Utd have been gash in the Champions league the past season and a bit.

Come on the Hoops.

How can it not 'in a way'. It's a total, 100% shock. :p

I've seen Celtic get a result there in the past. I obviously wouldn't say I was confident about us getting a result but I wouldn't be beyond shocked if we did.

Heroic would be the word to describe the Celtic performance tonight, to lose in the dying embers of injury time is such a disappointment, but Celtic are still in with a shout of qualification which is all that matters, if they advance then good on them, if they draw Arsenal however then I hope they go no further (These are 'if's' mind).

Gutted about Celtic losing that game :(

Pleased to see Man U come back though - no matter the team, I like seeing the Premier league being well represented in Europe. Though I don't mind terribly if Liverpool or Spurs exit the Europa League and we don't have to play them :heh:

Crazy night of football. I could only watch the first half of our match as I had to go out afterwards. Couldn't believe we were 2-0 down. Defensively, we look so vulnerable. If it weren't for our strikers being on form, we would be losing games left, right and centre. I need to make a shrine for Little Pea. :love::bowdown:

Celtic were so unlucky. I was gutted for them, to lose it so close to the end. One thing it does prove is that Barcelona are not quite the force they were when Guardiola was there. They can be breached. For Celtic to almost get a result at the Nou Camp is tremendous news. In the end, you'd have to say it's a good result and an excellent performance.

Putting the Norwich result behind us? Pah! Another weak performance, we missed the pace that Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain provide down the wings, it was too comfortable for Shalke's defence and Andre Santos was so vulnerable in the left back position, kept getting ganged up on and beaten too easily, got no help from Podolski either. Will be glad to have Walcott back for the QPR game.

Other notable results:

Ajax 3-1 Man City

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Real Madrid

What a topsy turvy Champions League mid week.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

This is going around twitter at the minute from a Man City fan which made me laugh :)

e96c1ad5ba3239ea01c6a5fb454cdc71_normal.jpeg pleke @ plekSTER

Pre-match tweets

THIS MAY BE THE WEED TALKINGS BUT I HAVE A FEELING TONIGHT COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST IN MAN CITYS HISTORY, AMAZING ATMOSPHERE BY CITY FANS

CITYS NAME IS ON THE TROPHY. YOU ALL KNOW IM RIGHT. COME BACK AND SAY IM WRONG AT 10PM TONIGHT WHEN CITY HAVE JUST WON 6-0. FACT

City go 0-1 up.

THIS COULD END UP TEN NIL. COMPLETE DOMINATION BY CITY. AJAX COULDNT SCORRE AGAINST OUR WORLD CLASS DEFENCE IF WE PLAYED FOR 10 YEARS FACT

City lose 3-1

FUCKING MANSINNI OUT FUCKING SICK OF FAILURE IN EUROP THIS IS FUCKING EMBARRESING LOSING TO A MUG TEAM LIKE AJAX.. FUCKING USELESSS

There are more on his page. So funny.

: peace:

Edited by Platty

The results this week have shown just how tight it has gotten and that no team is truly dominating this year...yet!

I know it was gutting for Celtic not to get a point in the end but I heard they parked the bus even more so than Chelsea did... as if that was even possible?

Can someone who saw that match tell me whether Celtic did that, or actually tried to play proper football for once?

Putting the Norwich result behind us? Pah! Another weak performance, we missed the pace that Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain provide down the wings, it was too comfortable for Shalke's defence and Andre Santos was so vulnerable in the left back position, kept getting ganged up on and beaten too easily, got no help from Podolski either. Will be glad to have Walcott back for the QPR game.

Podolski can't help a left back who wanders and constantly leaves a man behind him, I like Santos' personality, but he's the new Eboué. Fucking useless defender.

We were shite, plain and simple. Bollocks coming out the interviews is we were jaded, we had one shot on fucking target. Jaded in October? Season ends in May lads. Sort it out.

Schalke played well, took their only two attempts on target well. But we've done fuck all for two games now it's an embarrassment. Can't wait for our AGM tomorrow, hope some of the supporters groups/minor shareholders give the board and manager something to think about.

It's mug fans like that are an embarrassment to football. No nothing about opposing team just think it's ajax from Holland should beat them. Blah blah.

I remember when United played them and the commentators were talking like Ajax were some minnows from Belarus or something. They've won more european cups than Man United.

I remember when United played them and the commentators were talking like Ajax were some minnows from Belarus or something. They've won more european cups than Man United.

Bad enough yesterday ITV talking like Braga haven't had a few years in the Champions League and Europa League. And less said about the reports of a shock in Donetsk, it's almost like the press are ignorant to Shaktar's domination in the Ukraine.

Bad enough yesterday ITV talking like Braga haven't had a few years in the Champions League and Europa League. And less said about the reports of a shock in Donetsk, it's almost like the press are ignorant to Shaktar's domination in the Ukraine.

Yep some five live commentator said it was shakters biggest game against chelsea. Forgetting they played barca in the knockout stage last season and have some of the most sort after players in football.

Can someone who saw that match tell me whether Celtic did that, or actually tried to play proper football for once?

To be honest I didn't watch the game but from what I gather it was essentially parking the bus as much as possible. However, we did go forward and had a few shots on goal.

I think there is a slight difference between Celtic and Chelsea... Chelsea are obviously a far better team than Celtic are.

There was a tweet last night from a BBC journalist that said if Celtic held on for a draw it would be their best ever result in Europe.

Obviously being the first British team to win the European Cup wasn't that big a deal ;)

And beating Barcelona over 2 legs 9 years ago.

OH Yeah I forgot....My home town of Yate with a population of 21,789 have made it to the first round of the FA Cup for the first time.

They drew 3-3 with Newport County, then in the replay away won 3-1...

now they've got League 2 Cheltenham on Saturday 3rd November. Trying to get tickets for that.

Yate Town hit back to stun Conference Premier leaders Newport to reach the FA Cup first round for the time in their history.

Aaron O'Connor had given Newport a first half lead with his 12th goal of the season.

Newport captain David Pipe was sent off for a second bookable offence before Tom Knighton equalised from the penalty spot.

Extra-time goals from Scott Thomas and Matt Groves secured a famous victory.

Yate, who are bottom of Southern League Division One South & West, will visit Cheltenham Town in the FA Cup first round.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!