NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Wow. West Ham get Jarvis for 10.75 million and Sunderland get Fletcher for 14.

Big money boost for Wolves, there. Stats wise, you could argue that these two justify their tags. But, personally, I think it's quite a bit of money.

Wow. West Ham get Jarvis for 10.75 million and Sunderland get Fletcher for 14.

Big money boost for Wolves, there. Stats wise, you could argue that these two justify their tags. But, personally, I think it's quite a bit of money.

Could you? :hmm:

Could you? :hmm:

Steven Fletcher scored 12 league goals last season. That's good, even better considering that the team he was playing for is woeful. Matt Jarvis scored 8 and had 4 assists. And Jarvis is two years younger than Stewart Downing, who cost around 18 million. (This is the same player who scored and assisted with 0 last season in the league)

Considering that the team they were playing for were so utterly dreadful last season, I think they performed really well. Definitely the two standout performers in that team.

So, yeah. You could argue that the prices are fair. I expect Jarvis to do well at West Ham.

Liverpool have signed sahin on a season long loan, finally. Good bit of business but not really sure where he's gonna play since we have a packed midfield already. Time for shelves and Adam to go.

Urgh. Forgot how frustrating it is watching Spurs. Something like 20 shots and the only one scored was from a ridiculous deflection. Could really do with another striker before the window closes, Defoe doesn't seem to get on the end of any of the crosses that Bale and Lennon whip in.

This boy

West-Brom-v-Liverpool-Romelu-Lukaku-celeb_2813649.jpg

Was fantastic for West Brom. Changed the game when he came on. Great loan signing.

Levy is a ficking idiot. Every transfer window he ruins us; the rule needs to eb changed where the windoe closes before the season starts. Defoe DOES NOT WORK ON HIS OWNE, everyone knows that. We absolute dominated had insnae amount of efforts, but couldn't' score.

We need a new keeper, replace modric, a winger and another striker

Lloris, Mouthino, Willian and Leandro. DONE!

This boy

West-Brom-v-Liverpool-Romelu-Lukaku-celeb_2813649.jpg

Was fantastic for West Brom. Changed the game when he came on. Great loan signing.

Lukaku is a beast. He's going to keep West Brom in at least midtable, I expect. I'm glad he's playing on loan somewhere instead of rotting on the bench at Chelsea.

I'm glad Van Persie started the game and Rooney was dropped. I thought we played really, really well after conceding and some of the play in the first half was just excellent to watch. Rafael was immense and Kagawa looks so comfortable in this team.

Fulham, though...probably could have got something out of this game as it went on. We were so shite defensively, especially with that second goal. Dembele ran their midfield and was superb. Tied for Man of the Match along with Rafael and Kagawa for me. I would be ecstatic if United put in a bid for Dembele.

Edit: Rooney looks to be out for an estimated four weeks. Good job we bought Van Persie after all, then.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Levy is a ficking idiot. Every transfer window he ruins us; the rule needs to eb changed where the windoe closes before the season starts. Defoe DOES NOT WORK ON HIS OWNE, everyone knows that. We absolute dominated had insnae amount of efforts, but couldn't' score.

We need a new keeper, replace modric, a winger and another striker

Lloris, Mouthino, Willian and Leandro. DONE!

TBF Levy's played the market pretty well the last few years, it's just that as you say the window should really be closed before the season starts. Bah. Going to be glued to the guardian rumor mill for the coming week.

The four you mentioned are all looking unlikely, especially when you consider Levy hasn't spent more than 10m on a player since for years. Brad should be good for another season, and if Lennon and Bale avoid injury then the wings are alright (reckon Sig could fill in if need be?). Sell Defoe, get in an upgrade, and spend on a playmaker since VDVs looking rusty, then ill be happy.

If Levy doesn't get it right I could easily see us placing below Everton and Newcastle...

What happened to all that optimism Spurs fans?

I agree about Lukaku, really rate him and hated that he wasn't given a chance but the games all became must wins and you can't really give him a chance ahead of Drogba and Torres if you need to win!

Great toe-poke by Torres for his goal, Hazard looking on fire.

I don't think Torres dived for his yellow nor for the penalty but it was a bit soft.

Steven Fletcher scored 12 league goals last season. That's good, even better considering that the team he was playing for is woeful. Matt Jarvis scored 8 and had 4 assists. And Jarvis is two years younger than Stewart Downing, who cost around 18 million. (This is the same player who scored and assisted with 0 last season in the league)

Considering that the team they were playing for were so utterly dreadful last season, I think they performed really well. Definitely the two standout performers in that team.

So, yeah. You could argue that the prices are fair. I expect Jarvis to do well at West Ham.

I think the old English tax has come into play here, neither are worth their fees. Fletcher is not a £14M striker. If it's purely on stats Grant Holt must be worth £20M in this market, ridiculous.

Cazorla cost us a reported £12M, Wenger's laughing his way to the bank if Jarvis is worth £10M.

TBF Levy's played the market pretty well the last few years, it's just that as you say the window should really be closed before the season starts. Bah. Going to be glued to the guardian rumor mill for the coming week.

The four you mentioned are all looking unlikely, especially when you consider Levy hasn't spent more than 10m on a player since for years. Brad should be good for another season, and if Lennon and Bale avoid injury then the wings are alright (reckon Sig could fill in if need be?). Sell Defoe, get in an upgrade, and spend on a playmaker since VDVs looking rusty, then ill be happy.

If Levy doesn't get it right I could easily see us placing below Everton and Newcastle...

I'm glad you're not levy or AVB. Yeah Lennon and bale are good on the wings but we need cover. When Lennon got injured last year it absolutely fucked us up. Willian is pretty much done anyway so that's that sorted with Townsend as extra cover for cups and Europe.

I think friedel isn't right for this system, he's always glued to his line, never comes for crosses and such (like their goal today) and ultimately we need a keeper who can come off his line quickly and is good at passing the ball due to our high line and passing from the back.

More importantly through is a replacement for modric and an extra striker. Defoe doesn't work, he needs to go. And we lack so much creativity in the middle. Livermore is okay, but he's just an dander study for sandro and Parker for me, the DM. We need two people for modric role (due to him not liking thudd).

We've dominated both games this season so I'm pretty confident. We just need the players to really push us up.

I'm glad you're not levy or AVB. Yeah Lennon and bale are good on the wings but we need cover. When Lennon got injured last year it absolutely fucked us up. Willian is pretty much done anyway so that's that sorted with Townsend as extra cover for cups and Europe.

I think friedel isn't right for this system, he's always glued to his line, never comes for crosses and such (like their goal today) and ultimately we need a keeper who can come off his line quickly and is good at passing the ball due to our high line and passing from the back.

More importantly through is a replacement for modric and an extra striker. Defoe doesn't work, he needs to go. And we lack so much creativity in the middle. Livermore is okay, but he's just an dander study for sandro and Parker for me, the DM. We need two people for modric role (due to him not liking thudd).

We've dominated both games this season so I'm pretty confident. We just need the players to really push us up.

Well not really, I'm just being realistic - we'd all love a Chelsea-esque spending spree but I doubt Levy will spend enough to get all four, given it would probably come to about £70m for the lot.

Out of those four roles I'd say a creative midfielder and a striker are the more crucial right now. Willian alone is valued at 20m, which is getting close to the 26 it looks like we'll get for Modric (though given he can play on the wing too he'd be a good signing). Bear in mind the Spurs transfer record is 16m (I think?) - that would probably have to be broken four times in the space of a week. Not going to happen.

I think it will, yeah modric and Bentley are our two expansive signings, but we need to do it. Selling Dawson, Defoe, modric, and maybe even Bentley Jenas, dos santos and gomes and we'll have a lot of money - around 60 million from that lot. Taking into account we sold pav in jan for 10 and got Saha on loan and actualy haven't spent any money for a couple of years (and we got champions league money etc) I think money we have

Lloris - 12m

Mouthino - 25m

William - 15m

Leandro - 22m

Perfect :) Personally I'd add in dembele for 15m too!

I think the old English tax has come into play here, neither are worth their fees. Fletcher is not a £14M striker. If it's purely on stats Grant Holt must be worth £20M in this market, ridiculous.

Cazorla cost us a reported £12M, Wenger's laughing his way to the bank if Jarvis is worth £10M.

Took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what sprang to my mind when I saw the prices. Personally I still can't get over how Swansea bagged Michu for £2m. Crazy. Hope Cazorla comes good tomorrow, I need some fantasy team points.

As for the match today: a bit poor. We came back into it a little in the second half but Ba and Cisse had a rare game of not being able to finish their chances and in the end the opposition ground out the win nicely. Not too disappointing as after all, our win at Stamford Bridge last season was the first for as long as I have been alive :heh:

Chelsea look completely rejuvenated with the addition of Hazard. It will be very interesting to see if they can keep this up all season.

Hazard is already playing his part, terrific link up play and he's already bagged a few assists. RVP kick starts his account with a fantastic half volley. Superb technique.

Swansea continue to impress, albeit West Ham helped them along the way.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

What a game that was! Granted I was only watching it on the TV but the atmosphere at Anfield seemed positively electric.

Really feel for Liverpool. They really deserved to win that, so to have it finish 2-2 with such silly concessions must feel like a right kick in the teeth. Sterling looked great, very promising youngster.

Very good from Liverpool. Gutted about the result though but as they say would have taken a draw before the game. Hopefully we'll get some luck along the way. Sterling and Allen looked very promising.

Allen was superb, he's just a master of possession football. Suarez's free kick was beautiful, despite an average game overall for him. Overall we should of won. Happy with the performance, disappointed with the result.

Sterling has unreal potential, I rate him massively.

Allen was superb, he's just a master of possession football. Suarez's free kick was beautiful, despite an average game overall for him. Overall we should of won. Happy with the performance, disappointed with the result.

Sterling has unreal potential, I rate him massively.

Sterling did more in 90mins then downing did all last season.

Hopefully should see a few players shipped out this week. I can see Adam and spearing going for sure. Carroll if we get the right money so we can get another striker in.

Henderson should be worried as he now finds himself 6th in the pecking order now Sahin is here. Shelvey is also ahead of him so henderson could find himself not even making the bench.

£20m and 6th choice midfielder!!

Allen is everything Henderson isn't. Allen asks for the ball and doesn't shirk responsibility. Henderson does the total opposite!

Steven Fletcher is Scottish. But, I agree to an extent. However, Wolves are well within their rights to ask for whatever they want, so more fool these clubs that pay the fees. A relegated club receiving 25million or so for two players is pretty awesome business on their part.

I do feel that these two players do somewhat justify their tags. Jarvis in particular. Even before Wolves went down, I was surprised nobody came in with a bid for him. Both are bargains when compared to the likes of Stewart Downing anyway.

I think it will, yeah modric and Bentley are our two expansive signings, but we need to do it. Selling Dawson, Defoe, modric, and maybe even Bentley Jenas, dos santos and gomes and we'll have a lot of money - around 60 million from that lot. Taking into account we sold pav in jan for 10 and got Saha on loan and actualy haven't spent any money for a couple of years (and we got champions league money etc) I think money we have

Lloris - 12m

Mouthino - 25m

William - 15m

Leandro - 22m

Perfect :) Personally I'd add in dembele for 15m too!

I laughed at this because you said that the transfer window should close before the season starts, which is also what AVB said, which I just do not agree with. The transfer window is important because it allows teams to play a few games and see which areas need strengthening. If the transfer window closed before the first game, you would still have Modric (a player who wants out), you would have no Ade, and nobody else would have come in.

Spurs have been terrible in this transfer window. Literally, terrible. You are spending far too long shipping out Modric, who has only left today. Why has that taken so long to go through? You haven't brought in a viable replacement. I heard all of this talk about Moutinho weeks ago and not one thing has been done to seriously try and bring him in.

The attacking line/strike force is definitely one of the poorest in the Top 8. You have badly needed a striker, and although Ade is a step in the right direction, why has it taken so long to bring him and somebody else in?

If Spurs are really serious about challenging for the Top 4, then they need to be bringing in more players to the club. Liverpool have strengthened, Chelsea have strengthened, as have Arsenal, City (I expect them to bring in another player) and United. All of these clubs should and probably will finish above Spurs. Wouldn't bet against Everton doing it if they stay injury-free for the majority of the season.

You will be extremely fortunate to sign one of those players you listed. Even then, it'll be Dembele, who you classed as an "extra". Lloris is a no go. Moutinho is a non-starter situation. Willian isn't allowed to leave and Leandro for 22million? His club won't let him go for that.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk