NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

I'd love it if United hijacked the Dembele deal. I can dream, eh? ;)

I find Julio Cesar going to QPR very, very surprising. Only 32. Far too good to be playing for them. Should at least be playing Champions League football.

As for Walcott, I dislike the man. If he's messing about over contracts, I expect him to leave. Arsenal have sold far better players before.

Arsenal have sold far better players before.

And will continue to do so in the future.

Does anyone else get the impression that they're being run more as a very profitable business than a football team? They refuse to pay the high wages, sell players all the time and buy them in for cheap...

Does anyone else get the impression that they're being run more as a very profitable business than a football team? They refuse to pay the high wages, sell players all the time and buy them in for cheap...

On the one hand, their business practice has to be admired. They're the least likely out of the top 6 clubs I would say to do a Leeds or Portsmouth. On the other hand, you also have to win games to win trophies, which brings in revenue from television and so on. I think they're very lucky so far that they've managed to stay within the Champions League spots.

Saying that, why pay stupid money for players that aren't worth it? No way is Walcott worth that much. It should be an honour to play for Arsenal and that alone should top money. All of these players leaving for other clubs wanting to win trophies...why don't they combine their efforts and win trophies for Arsenal?

I get the impression the board are holding back money. I can't quite decide if it's because they're trying to make a stand against the oil riches (which is bloody stupid) or because they're scared of defaulting on a debt payment (which again is stupid, if we invest in the team, team does well, success = profit).

We've got two more years to ride out then we can renegotiate some sponsorship deals, if they don't start spending by then. I expect trouble from fans who've had enough paying the highest ticket prices in the country for little investment.

So UCL Group Stage Draw today!

Seeds

Pot One: Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Porto, AC Milan.

Pot Two:Valencia, Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Schalke, Manchester City, Braga, Dynamo Kiev.

Pot Three: Olympiakos, Ajax, Anderlecht, Juventus, Spartak Moscow, Paris St Germain, Lille, Galatasaray.

Pot Four: Celtic, Borussia Dortmund, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, CFR Cluj, Malaga, Montpellier, FC Nordsjaelland.

The draw is live on uefa.com at 16:45 if people want to watch it.

Man.... Borussia Dortmund can't get out of that pot 4. Would of thought back to back Bundesliga winners would of seeded them a bit higher.

Is this Montpellier's first foray into the Champions League?

Man.... Borussia Dortmund can't get out of that pot 4. Would of thought back to back Bundesliga winners would of seeded them a bit higher.

Is this Montpellier's first foray into the Champions League?

Seeding is based on UEFA coefficient, unfortunately for Dortmund last year was their first year in the Champions League for a number of years. They didn't make it out the groups so didn't gain many points.

Seeding is based on UEFA coefficient, unfortunately for Dortmund last year was their first year in the Champions League for a number of years. They didn't make it out the groups so didn't gain many points.

Ah, i did wonder why Man U were in Pot 1. Based on last seasons performance, they should be in the same Pot as Man City. :laughing:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St-Germain, Dinamo Zagreb

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier

Group C: Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Nordsjaelland

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, Bate Borisov

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, Cluj

Bad luck for Manchester City there. Arsenal and Chelsea seem to have drawn pretty fair groups, while Man United have to be pleased with their group. Also - I'd love to see Celtic beat Barcelona.

Remember that West Ham loan deal for Andy Carroll that fell through not long ago? Subject to a medical he will be playing for West Ham this season on loan after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19422144

Also Huddersfield's young star striker Jordan Rhodes has joined Blackburn Rovers for a club record 8 million quid.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12875/8034901/Rovers-confirm-Rhodes-deal

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Liverpool have confirmed Carroll has buggered off to West Ham. Hope he does well but he was never gonna fit in Rodgers plans and start games.

Newcastle have made it through to the Europa League group stages. Just.

Good result all the same :heh:

Well, a win is a win. I suppose you have to look at it like that.

Same with Liverpool. An 88th minute Suarez goal saved them from going into extra time with Hearts.

Fantastic performance by Hearts to draw 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield and only lose the tie 2-1. A lot of people, especially after Spurs last year, thought they'd get destroyed by Liverpool.

Same with Liverpool. An 88th minute Suarez goal saved them from going into extra time with Hearts.

Fantastic performance by Hearts to draw 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield and only lose the tie 2-1. A lot of people, especially after Spurs last year, thought they'd get destroyed by Liverpool.

As a Liverpool fan I never once thought this. :D

We were very lucky last night, what was Reina doing? However, I was happy with Sterling again. He shows real passion and can handle the ball quite nicely.

Also, what was Downing doing as a left back?

Very happy with the champions league draw for Manchester United.

Group D is amazing. But you can't help feeling sorry for Ajax.... Real Madrid.... again heh.

Champions League this year seems sort of nostalgic to me.... seeing Juventus back in it, And Dortmund again.

As a Liverpool fan I never once thought this. :D

We were very lucky last night, what was Reina doing? However, I was happy with Sterling again. He shows real passion and can handle the ball quite nicely.

Also, what was Downing doing as a left back?

I did want to try and get a Liverpool bashing comment into my original post but couldn't fit it in properly!

So, Liverpool fans.

What can we expect from Spearing this season? I know he hasn't done brilliantly, but could he do well in the Championship?

So, Liverpool fans.

What can we expect from Spearing this season? I know he hasn't done brilliantly, but could he do well in the Championship?

He's not too bad. He should do a job for you.

He's pretty limited, though. He's not gifted with great technical ability, but he's competent.

I think you'll like him.

Falcao is running riot of the Chelsea back line, just got his second. 2-0 Atletico Madrid.

EDIT: 3-0 now, who scored? You should know by now. An all left footed, first half hat trick.

Edited by Emerald Emblem