NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

He does goals or he scores goals?

That should have read score.

If Vermalean and Skrtel are playing I'd expect both sides to score

They're both better than anything you have. :p

Wouldn't be surprised if the Arsepool game finishes goal-less. Could also finish 5-5 or something ridiculous. I'm not sure either side really has a good enough bench to change things up if things are looking goal-less, Liverpool in particular. No competition for Suarez whatsoever. He could coast it if he wanted to - who would replace him?

I'm hoping we batter Southampton today, but I don't think we will. They will have their chances and I can see them scoring. I reckon it'll finish 3-1 to United, but it'll be a close first half. Van Persie to get a brace and maybe a goal from the wings. Young, if he starts.

Edit:

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Borini, Suarez, Sterling. Subs: Jones, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly.

Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Martinez, Koscielny, Andre Santos, Walcott, Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho.

Only person I can see coming off the bench and scoring is Walcott.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

They're both better than anything you have. :p

As per stats for 2011-12 season:

Goals scored:

John Terry - 7

Vermalean - 6

Skrtel - 4

Proof from Wikipedia where everyone knows it is 100% true! :p

You were saying MadPuppy?

Are we seriously talking about goal-scoring defenders? :p

Maybe Skrtel and Vermaelen should start up front today. At least then maybe we'll see some goals.

They started it! I was merely referring to their poor defending compared to the ALMIGHTY CHELSKI.

Also, in the papers this morning, after embarrassing us the other night, Chelski have reportedly sorted out a deal for Falcao in January. €40 million + I saw!

MadDog is as bad as Phil Thompson I swear, so blinkered it's unreal! Haha

A win and a clean sheet. Chuffed to bits with that, Cazorla and Podolski opened their accounts. Liverpool as toothless as ever and even when they had their chances in the second half when we soaked up the pressure near the end, Liverpool need a finisher, bet they wish they never sold Torres now. ;p

MadDog is as bad as Phil Thompson I swear, so blinkered it's unreal! Haha

Am I? How so? What have i said that's so deluded?

We were we horrible today. Allen was marvellous, as was Sterling. Suárez had the worst game of his Liverpool career. Gerrard probably wasn't far off that. You're going to struggle when your 2 best players have horrible games.

Fair play to Arsenal, two great players scored 2 good goals.

Great bit of business by Wenger, that Diaby fella looks class....

Faultless performance. I'm surprised so many people were amazed we didn't do any business on Friday, we've got a big squad. Diaby's performance showed why Wenger allowed Song to go. The defence is looking very good and we're still missing one of the best right backs in football.

Things definitely moving the right direction.

I said before the season started Arsenal would/could win the league. Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud are very good players, they've kinda slipped in with not much media attention.

You have a front 4 that will no doubt tear teams apart in the future.

They started it! I was merely referring to their poor defending compared to the ALMIGHTY CHELSKI.

Also, in the papers this morning, after embarrassing us the other night, Chelski have reportedly sorted out a deal for Falcao in January. €40 million + I saw!

Falcao? Is your attack not good enough already? :heh:

I know Torres is doing fairly well at last, but if £50m was paid for him then at least £80m should be paid for Falcao. Well not quite but you get what I mean. Been watching a fair bit of Atletico recently and it has crossed my mind a few times that a) Falcao is extremely good and b) Probably too good for Atletico - maybe a premier league club will transfer him...

Would be bloody Chelsea though wouldn't it....

In other news - Half time and Newcastle are losing to Aston Villa? FUCKS SAKE! Sort it out lads.

Edited by ipaul

Atletico bought him for €40mil+. Why, after a stunning season would they sell him on for the same price? They just wouldn't. He's not joining Chelski.

Atletico bought him for €40mil+. Why, after a stunning season would they sell him on for the same price? They just wouldn't. He's not joining Chelski.

Maybe it was £40m which is substantially more then!

I agree, he isn't likely to come to Chelski when Atletico are doing so well. I think we can all agree, he won't be going to Liverpool!

Great game at St Mary's today.

RVP proved his worth after a pathetic penalty! United defence looking shaky.

I feel sorry for Southampton, sitting bottom of the table, but they've proved themselves against Man City and United who only just scraped through in the end so I hope they keep their style up!

Well 1-1 will have to do I suppose. Not been too impressed with us so far this season but to abuse statistics and frame things in a positive light:

Last Season:

NCL 2 - 2 Spurs

NCL 0 - 3 Chelsea

NCL 1- 1 Aston Villa

Our goal difference is two better and we have two more points from the same teams, even if not the exact same fixtures.

One man team :heh:

That backline will be destroyed against decent sides. Fergie doesn't seem to know his best side, very odd to be rotating keepers in meaningful games.

BBC Twitter quote:

"Hope RVP doesn't have to be subbed due to a bad back! Must be hard carrying another team again this year..."

So true :p

Liverpool in the relegation zone by the international break then. Still a long way to go mind, but not what @MadDog would have been hoping for I reckon.

LOL.

You've settled for Dempsey because you couldn't get anyone else. He's 29 with one decent season under his belt, he's not even regarded as a 'striker'.

Never mind that Podolski has nearly 50 international goals, you don't rate him, what a shit signing Wenger...

You judge Giroud on 90 odd minutes of football.

Never mind you've got Vertonghen, he's a good back up for Vermaelen in the Belgium side.

I admit that Dempsey wasn't a prime target but he's still a quality player. Scored 20 goals last year and if you think he's a one season wonder then that shows (though your posts do as well) how much you actually know about football.

Podolski has scored a lot of international goals, dos santos looks great at international level too, Crouch goals per games ratio is incredible. So what. I don't rate Podolski at club level at all, he's been average bar one club; but you won't know that because you'll have never have seen him play.

Giroud does look pap, obiously he may come good when he gets used to the league but again today he misses chances badly, he doesn't look good at all or do you think I'm woring and he does look good?

Verthongen who was Ajax captain and Hollands player of the year? And your KNOWLEDGE is there again, back up to Vermaelen? He plays left back for international.

Also, the Moutinho bid was never going to happen. Neither were deals for some of those other pricey names. Like I said, I don't think they've ever spent above 17/18 million before, so it was almost a given that they didn't sign some of these players. If it did happen, then I think it would have given Spurs an edge over Arsenal and Liverpool.

Why say this? As it clearly was going to happen. It's not like we bit and it was refused, or whatever. EVERYTHING was agreed, but too late in the end due to 3rd party complications when we finally agreed with Porto. I expect it to go through in January now and yeah, he would have been perfect and given us much needed depth.

God, that was a tense game. We were pretty poor for the majority of it, bar glimpses every now and again. Turning point came when Nani and Scholes came on, it changed things in midfield and Southampton didn't close us down quickly enough. Scholes in particular looked good and played some excellent balls.

Defence were poor, but it's Ferdinand and Vidic's first game since November or something daft like that. The way we conceded was pretty bad, though, as we lost the ball in midfield twice and two crosses beat both of our fullbacks. We should be doing better, first of all by not losing the ball, and secondly by marking players properly.

I thought we had thrown the game away when Van Persie missed that penalty! Shows good character to go on and score two more with so little of the game remaining. Excellent position for all three goals and good finishing. At this rate, Rooney is going to struggle to make it into this first team. I'm not sure what I think about Welbeck playing out wide, he didn't look great out there. Hopefully Nani will start the next game.

Southampton were excellent, though. Very harsh on them, but they were flagging a little towards the end and this happens when you play so intensely for so long. Against the majority of other teams in this league, they would have got three points after that.

Spurs have lost VDV, big loss and no real replacement. After all the prospects, Levy has done crap in this transfer window.

Saw the highlights of our game last night (was at a wedding so no chance to see it!) and we sounded awful!

We got in Siggurdson and Dempsey, how are these not real replacements?! They're not as good but offer much more flexibility, depth and can maybe even play for 90 minutes.

Levy has fucked us over again, but we've bought quality players, Lloris, Verthongen, Demebele, Dempsey, Siggurdson and Ade on a permanent are all very good signings.

We were bad, the worst weve been. But what do you expect when we play two DM's and Defoe up front. Ade isn't match fit (again thanks to Levy) and Demebele came in too late; but next match swap Livermore and Defoe for Ade and we'll be so much stronger. The worry is injuries forcing us to use Livermore and/or Defoe again

Why say this? As it clearly was going to happen. It's not like we bit and it was refused, or whatever. EVERYTHING was agreed, but too late in the end due to 3rd party complications when we finally agreed with Porto. I expect it to go through in January now and yeah, he would have been perfect and given us much needed depth.

You were linked to him all summer. So, either it wasn't going to happen, or Spurs took too long dithering (again) and fucked the deal up. Doesn't matter which is true, the window is closed and you haven't got him.

Spurs losing Modric is massive. Dembele and Sigurdsson or any of your other midfielders are nowhere near him.

Defoe is shite, Adebayor isn't that good.

Your starting 11 isn't that good, @dazzybee

Oh look at all the arsenal fans liking your tottenham slating.

Obviously they're not as good as modric, no one really is at what he does to be honest, hence him going to the worlds biggest club. But Demebele is a decent replacement (Demebel and Mouthino would have beeb perfect!)

Adn defoe shite? And Adeboyor? Fuck me you're so clueless. You would fucking die for either of them, you have the most over rated most disgusting cheating player who misses a thousand chances a season, and Borini who couldn't hack the championship. Defoe and Ade are streets and streets and street ahead of what you have.

Also, the Moutinho bid was never going to happen. Neither were deals for some of those other pricey names. Like I said, I don't think they've ever spent above 17/18 million before, so it was almost a given that they didn't sign some of these players. If it did happen, then I think it would have given Spurs an edge over Arsenal and Liverpool. As a result, I don't really know where they'll end up. Injury free season and playing out of their skin, maybe 4th. Otherwise, 5th or 6th seems realistic.

In fairness to Spurs, they were more than prepared to break their own record in order to sign Moutinho. As it happens, the fella just didn't fancy playing there (from what I've read) , so you can't really place too much fault at Spurs' transfer style for that one.