NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Does that mean the score of the Chelsea match will be 4-2?

Does that mean the score of the Chelsea match will be 4-2?

Could be worth a cheeky bet :p

Pepe Reina has it spot on.

Reina told Spanish radio station Cadena Cope: "People in England are treating him different because he is Uruguayan; because he has had a previous episode like this.

"He knows full well that what he did was wrong but a 10-game ban seems to me absurd, out of proportion and unfair. It seems that the people making the decisions have got it in for Luis a little bit. That’s the way I see it.

"I know Luis and I know that he is the complete opposite (off the pitch) he is a magnificent person and great team-mate.

"But because of the way he plays, he is aggressive and very competitive, he plays like a street player and sometimes the way he is gets him into trouble.

"I am not justifying what he did but the punishment is very disproportionate. He knows he was in the wrong, he knows he has made a mistake but the treatment is completely out of place."

"There is a lot of hypocrisy. Some players are treated differently to others. In the racism cases: the one with proof [against him, John Terry] got a four-game ban and Luis got eight matches."

Asked if that showed that English football is racist, he responded: "No, but there is hypocrisy – a different measure is used."

Typical Liverpool, paranoid to the max.

The idiots who keep comparing the outcome of the bite to that of a serious injury such as Ramsey suffered or Jimmy Bullard are complete missing the point. Injuries happen as part of football, it's a contact sport and tackling is a major part of that. It absolutely not the point that Ivanovic is fine, it's the whole act. You don't bite someone in any walk of like, let alone a football pitch, let alone for the second time in your career.

As the ban itself, he is a repeat, repeat offender. Didn't see many complain when Balotelli was going to be banned for so many games. Taking off your red tinted glasses, how exactly did you expect him to fair? Why would they ban him for 3 games when he got double that the first time he decided to play vampire.

It's nothing to with him being Uruguayan, it's do with him being a cheat. I don't care how much of a gent he is off the pitch, he needs to learn where the boundaries are. There's plenty of players who play on the edge but don't go over it. I don't know whether it's a psychological thing with Suarez, he just doesn't seem to be able to play the game without courting controversy. It's an almost pathological need to be in the news, and not in a good way.

I'm sure it's coincidence that most of the people who thing the ban is too harsh are related to Liverpool in some way.

Typical Liverpool, paranoid to the max.

The idiots who keep comparing the outcome of the bite to that of a serious injury such as Ramsey suffered or Jimmy Bullard are complete missing the point. Injuries happen as part of football, it's a contact sport and tackling is a major part of that. It absolutely not the point that Ivanovic is fine, it's the whole act. You don't bite someone in any walk of like, let alone a football pitch, let alone for the second time in your career.

As the ban itself, he is a repeat, repeat offender. Didn't see many complain when Balotelli was going to be banned for so many games. Taking off your red tinted glasses, how exactly did you expect him to fair? Why would they ban him for 3 games when he got double that the first time he decided to play vampire.

It's nothing to with him being Uruguayan, it's do with him being a cheat. I don't care how much of a gent he is off the pitch, he needs to learn where the boundaries are. There's plenty of players who play on the edge but don't go over it. I don't know whether it's a psychological thing with Suarez, he just doesn't seem to be able to play the game without courting controversy. It's an almost pathological need to be in the news, and not in a good way.

I'm sure it's coincidence that most of the people who thing the ban is too harsh are related to Liverpool in some way.

That's complete rubbish. The FA cannot use that against him, as it was in Holland. A Chester player got 5 games, he got 10. Where's the consistency?

I'd bet my house that if this was a different player, he'd get a less matches.

That's complete rubbish. The FA cannot use that against him, as it was in Holland. A Chester player got 5 games, he got 10. Where's the consistency?

Why can't they use that? If that's the criteria for a first time offence that in the game of football doesn't happen very often, they'd be stupid not to use that in their thinking. Especially when it involves the same person.

I'd agree with the different player thing, as the majority won't have the tainted disciplinary record that Suarez does.

It's embarrassing all this propaganda Liverpool are coming out with. Everyone talking about what a great guy he is and how according to Rogers he's never put a foot wrong.

He never takes any responsibility, it always somehow ends up with him being hard done by and Liverpool being victimised somehow.

Yes, they would get less matches because it would be a first offence. The FA SHOULD use it against him because he has served a ban for it, yet has committed the offence again, showing no sign of learning from his mistake. It doesn't and shouldn't matter where the offence took place, it happened.

Brendan Rodgers is so wrong on this.

"We have a punishment with no intention of helping [his] rehabilitation."

There is no rehabilitation for being a prick. Rehabilitation? Has he got a serious injury? Has he been the victim of assault? Liverpool bought him AFTER he committed a similar offence, why didn't they look to rehabilitate him?

This reflects badly on them. They signed a player knowing he did this, who has then gone on to dive, cheat, racially abuse and now bite his way through players, and yet they still believe they are being wronged?

I thought Brendan Rodgers was a decent and reasonable guy. He's acting like an absolute mug over this with comments like that. It's sad to see a club as great as Liverpool FC go through shit like this because they can't control or discipline their own players.

Why can't they use that? If that's the criteria for a first time offence that in the game of football doesn't happen very often, they'd be stupid not to use that in their thinking. Especially when it involves the same person.

I'd agree with the different player thing, as the majority won't have the tainted disciplinary record that Suarez does.

It's embarrassing all this propaganda Liverpool are coming out with. Everyone talking about what a great guy he is and how according to Rogers he's never put a foot wrong.

He never takes any responsibility, it always somehow ends up with him being hard done by and Liverpool being victimised somehow.

From The Telegraph

For example, the other biting incident in Holland, when Suarez was playing for Ajax, cannot be used against him as it was not under the jurisdiction of the English FA.

His previous record in England does not include any previous misdemeanours for violent conduct and so the FA is again limited as to how much emphasis they can place on his previous character.

Of course, there was the disgraceful racism incident involving Manchester United’s Patrice Evra and, whilst the FA disciplinary panel will take this into account, it is not a similar type of offence, i.e. violent conduct, and the impact on the penalty for his latest escapade will be restricted.

It's not Liverpool being victimised, it's Luis being victimised. I'd have accepted 5/6, but 10 is taking the piss.

It's not Liverpool being victimised, it's Luis being victimised. I'd have accepted 5/6, but 10 is taking the piss.

Um, biting is ABH: If Ivanovic went to the police, he'd be up shit creek. The FA have to throw the book at him.

The only victim is Ivanovic (and before you cry foul/bite me, I like Liverpool...)

Um, biting is ABH: If Ivanovic went to the police, he'd be up shit creek. The FA have to throw the book at him.

The only victim is Ivanovic (and before you cry foul/bite me, I like Liverpool...)

He chose not to press charges, if he felt strongly enough about it, he would have pressed charges.

No he doesn't.

Well explained. Care to point out what you think is wrong?

Well explained. Care to point out what you think is wrong?

I think the people above me such as the flinkington and JonSt have it spot on, not Reina. Oh and this guy:

BIubodOCIAAJwA_.jpg:large

Edited by Platty

Wow that spooky date prediction suggested it would be 4-2, seeing as how Europa league is only half as prestigious as Chpions League that means 4-2/2= 2-1.

SPOOKY..

Wow that spooky date prediction suggested it would be 4-2, seeing as how Europa league is only half as prestigious as Chpions League that means 4-2/2= 2-1.

SPOOKY..

Basel 1 - 2 Chelsea.

2+1=3.... Half Life 3 confirmed.

/reddit.

---------

The whole Rangers thing is coming up again.

No one seems to know what is going on on the possible repercussions.

In short, the SFA only gave Rangers membership to the league if Craig Whyte (previous owner) had no connections with the club. Charles Green came along and bought the club and was made CEO. However, Whyte is now claiming that Green was just fronting the take-over bid for him and he is still involved. Green disputes this. Green resigns as CEO.

No one knows what is going on. If it turns out that Whyte is still involved what does that mean for Rangers' league membership?

----------

Another edit.

Arsenal are to form a Guard of Honour for Man Utd on Sunday before the match. Great decision that they're going to do it. I hope the fans can respect it.

Edited by Charlie

Presumably West Brom are going to do this as well? I don't see the fuss about Arsenal doing it and not them? Is it just because RVP will be there, because if so the media are just making a guard of honour out of a moleguard of hill.

Presumably West Brom are going to do this as well? I don't see the fuss about Arsenal doing it and not them? Is it just because RVP will be there, because if so the media are just making a guard of honour out of a moleguard of hill.

Yeah the fuss is only because of RvP. I'll give a cricket ripple until I see him. Then I can't be held responsible for what I might say.

Saurez has decided not to appeal his 10 match ban, probably for the best I would imagine, misses 4 games this season and 6 next, good job Borini is decent.....oh hang on.....

Saurez has decided not to appeal his 10 match ban, probably for the best I would imagine, misses 4 games this season and 6 next, good job Borini is decent.....oh hang on.....

Christ, give the kid a chance. He's played 6 games and they were all out of position.

Christ, give the kid a chance.

Exactly what Suarez did!

Well..

Sheffield United= bag of shite

They have as much enthusiasm as a chuffing slug.

Play offs it is. First leg on friday in front of the sky cameras. Embarrassing ourselves is a near certainty after todays match. Cant wait :-/

Edit: @Eightbit you nervous??

Edited by Blade