NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

One of the very worst performances I've seen from us. A big improvement is made or we're relegated, thank goodness Spurs didn't lose to Wigan.

Sweet result that, apparently Coutinho was the man, looking forward to MOTD.

Not too bad for a "one man team."

Coutinho was absolutely magic. Henderson and Sturridge were also fantastic.

Gutting performance. But mind you, we deserved that to get our heads out of our asses.

To be honest, I hope we get relegated. Cut out some dead wood, hold other players to their contract to remind them: playing in the Premier League is a privilege that you earn.

Shocked by that score. I had just switched on the car radio and the game was being talked about. It sounded like a bad result for Newcastle, but I was imagining it to be a 2-0 or 3-0. I gasped when I heard it was 6.

Insane. Really underperformed this season. Losing key players hasn't helped. Ba is difficult to replace, too. Newcastle will stay up, but they need a massive kick up the arse for next season.

As for the game against Arsenal: It's a bit sad in a way to see Arsenal giving us the guard of honour. I'd rather be going to their ground and hoping to thrash them in a season where we narrowly pip them to the title. It's not really the same any more. 21 points behind and a goal difference of 13. It's sad.

Shocked by that score. I had just switched on the car radio and the game was being talked about. It sounded like a bad result for Newcastle, but I was imagining it to be a 2-0 or 3-0. I gasped when I heard it was 6.

Insane. Really underperformed this season. Losing key players hasn't helped. Ba is difficult to replace, too. Newcastle will stay up, but they need a massive kick up the arse for next season.

As for the game against Arsenal: It's a bit sad in a way to see Arsenal giving us the guard of honour. I'd rather be going to their ground and hoping to thrash them in a season where we narrowly pip them to the title. It's not really the same any more. 21 points behind and a goal difference of 13. It's sad.

Wish i shared your confidence :P

Wish i shared your confidence :P

Unfortunately, I think this is the year that Wigan go down. Fortunate for you, unfortunate for them. I'd like to see them stay up. Villa should be the ones going down and I think they'd benefit from it a lot, but they'll just manage to keep themselves up.

It's only sad from the context of our decline. The actual 'event' is a totally non-issue blown out of proportion because one man.

36575_455677454509685_860924715_n.png

Wasn't an issue this day.

Hopefully we have a good go at it today.

It's only sad from the context of our decline.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Anyway, should be a good game.

Did anyone see this?

Brilliant ending to the season.

I would shoot that penalty taker. What a twat trying to punt it like that when so much is riding on it.

Well the sideshow is over, summed up both teams seasons, QPR are in real trouble when you think of coming back up.

Now it's time for the main course, bring it on Champions!

EDIT: Walcott on 2 minutes, lucky boy as he was offside but the assistant wasn't in the best place.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I would shoot that penalty taker. What a twat trying to punt it like that when so much is riding on it.

On-loan Fulham striker who apparently demanded to take it. Their Captain who was the one chosen to take it reluctantly agreed.

RvP scoring a sublime penalty kick to equal it all up, and rightly so as Walcott was clearly offside.

Sagna, you cost us the win today.

RvP scoring a sublime penalty kick to equal it all up, and rightly so as Walcott was clearly offside.

He was offside but it's easy to say it was clearly when sitting in the armchair, lineman had a bit of perspective against him.

One of those games where there were more yellow cards than chances. :p

Both teams lacked quality and neither really did enough to win it. Arsenal were better in the first half, so I'm happy with a draw.

Sagna, you cost us the win today.

He was offside but it's easy to say it was clearly when sitting in the armchair, lineman had a bit of perspective against him.

I was on a sofa actually!

Either way, a draw was best for Chelski. Man United can no longer beat our 95 point total and Arsenal are behind us having played a game more!

We do have the harder final few games but least we are ahead for the moment.

I'm happy with the point. Didn't realise Theo was offside until I got home. Sagna had a nightmare. But in the first half it was all us, we just didn't capitalise on it. Second half we tired and let United have more of the ball.

All to play for with 3 games to go.

This gif is a bit quick, but does Sagna get the ball?

ib17XzDXU0BRvg.gif

Fair enough.

Certain level of irony in that situation. Sagna was the one who barked loudest when RvP left, then he gifts him that. Vermaelen gifted him one at Old Trafford as well..

We played well yesterday, was very happy with our first half especially. Had it not been for Sagna's stupid tackle (although slow-motion, close-up replay from the front showed that he slightly nicked the ball) we probably would've ended the half with the lead fully deserved. 2nd half was more of a midfield battle and Utd kept growing into the game but I thought our performance went down when Rosicky was substituted, he was our best player going forward yesterday and looked the most dangerous. Overall it was a good team performance and was nice to see Arsenal so 'up' for the game with those early tackles, high pressure, closing down quickly and winning those 2nd balls (admittedly there were some clear fouls amongst them).

Onto the PFA. Gareth Bale winning both awards? Wow, what were the odds :indeed:

I'd agree with the young player award but the PFA should've gone to Suarez, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. So the next best player would've been RVP. Taking nothing away from Bale here, I just thought those two had the more consistent and impactful season overall when compared with each other.

Personally, I cant see how you can be Young Player of the Year when you've been playing in the league for six years. Should go to someone who has made an impact in their first or second season, and should be limited to under 21s. I would say he probably does deserve the award, as he's pretty much single handedly got Spurs to where they are this season.

Here's an interesting piece on the BBC website about how reliant on the top scorer each team have been this season.

I'll just pick out a few:

Bale - 31.03% of Tottenham's goals, earning 24.59% of their points.

Suarez - 37.7% of Liverpool's goals, earning 17.65% of their points.

Van Persie - 29.79% of United's goals, earning 22.62% of their points.

Cazorla - 17.50% of Arsenal's goals, earning 7.94% of their points.

Ultimate one man team goes to Villa.

Benteke - 41.67% of Villa's goals, earning 38.24% of their points.

If you took away the top scorer's goals, United would still be first (-19 points), but Arsenal would be second (-5 points). Spurs would be down in sixth, but would have lost 15 more points without him.

Well..

Sheffield United= bag of shite

They have as much enthusiasm as a chuffing slug.

Play offs it is. First leg on friday in front of the sky cameras. Embarrassing ourselves is a near certainty after todays match. Cant wait :-/

Edit: @Eightbit you nervous??

Yes mate! Getting my tickets for the away leg tomorrow, we're both in poor form at the moment so I reckon it'll be a cagey affair.

So excited though

Yes mate! Getting my tickets for the away leg tomorrow, we're both in poor form at the moment so I reckon it'll be a cagey affair.

So excited though

I shall be there!

Probably going to snap my season ticket card up when we lose..ha!

The PFA Award winner...

Is it Robin Van Persie? Who has guided United to the title with games to spare and being top scorer in the league? Nah.

Is Juan Mata with his millions of assists in the Premier League this season and being one of the most outstanding passers in the league? Nah.

Could it be the outside bet, Michael Carrick, for pretty much single-handedly running that Manchester United midfield and bringing the title back home to Old Trafford? Nooope.

Oh, it must be Luis Suarez, who had he not been banned would have been in with a shout of finishing top scorer and has carried Liverpool all season?

Nope. It's Gareth Bale. For BOTH awards. :laughing:

How does a 23 year old win an award for young player? He's been around for a few years now and that award deserves to go to emerging talent like Lukaku. Also, the award should be done at the end of the season. Why reward Bale for getting Spurs to 5th?

We played well yesterday, was very happy with our first half especially. Had it not been for Sagna's stupid tackle (although slow-motion, close-up replay from the front showed that he slightly nicked the ball) we probably would've ended the half with the lead fully deserved. 2nd half was more of a midfield battle and Utd kept growing into the game but I thought our performance went down when Rosicky was substituted, he was our best player going forward yesterday and looked the most dangerous. Overall it was a good team performance and was nice to see Arsenal so 'up' for the game with those early tackles, high pressure, closing down quickly and winning those 2nd balls (admittedly there were some clear fouls amongst them).

Onto the PFA. Gareth Bale winning both awards? Wow, what were the odds :indeed:

I'd agree with the young player award but the PFA should've gone to Suarez, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. So the next best player would've been RVP. Taking nothing away from Bale here, I just thought those two had the more consistent and impactful season overall when compared with each other.

Except he didn't.

Except he didn't.

I don't really give a shit either way, but the ball clearly accelerates and bobbles after he touches it.

EDIT: Removed the word clearly, it isn't clear, but i think that is what happens.